• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where Are They Now?

Silenoz said:
Casey Cordial is a chiropractor for famous tennis players or something

And a certain ex-con lives in Bozeman because I noticed him on the sex offender map...

Think he was from Bozeman.

Spencer Frederick works for Stockman Bank in Billings.

Dan Carpenter has retired to his ranch west of Outlook.

Allezchat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:
"Before resigning and coming forward on Tuesday as one of the three Billings police officers recently disciplined for sexual trysts on city property, Paul LaMantia had been the subject of several complaints."

Interesting and long article on LaMantia. http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/before-billings-cop-resigned-disciplinary-citations-stacked-up-against-him/article_4a1d28be-cc51-546b-87cf-d38fb754e94a.html
Didn't realize he played for the griz. What position? Starter?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
http://missoulian.com/college/article_40a0ca51-e9d2-5d35-b025-1662dc95e837.html

1c9321de-2e4e-5bf1-9cb9-1e4b41c4c1a3.image.jpg

Paul LaMantia is ready to put away his crutches, but not his cleats.

The University of Montana senior is fighting his way back from his second knee surgery since December with an eye toward contributing on special teams before his eligibility ends. LaMantia, a defensive tackle who transferred from Boise State after the 2005 season, tore his posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last season against Eastern Washington.

The Oakdale, Calif., native had his first procedure in December to clean up cartilage. The plan was for LaMantia to play through the season, and then have a more complete surgery to fully repair the damage, but the pain was too much.

"It was a pretty significant amount of pain," LaMantia said. "I tried to play through the spring, but with my PCL still not 100 percent I was having trouble keeping a straight face just walking."

LaMantia, who said he believes he injured his knee by driving it into the ground while making a tackle, said he had micro fracture surgery in late April. After crutching around an immobilized leg for nearly three months, LaMantia said he has gone from 290 pounds to about 225 pounds under an aggressive rehab program.

"I've been able to jog one and a half to three miles a day," said LaMantia, who had 27 tackles in 12 games last year. "They say I'm a little ahead of schedule."

LaMantia, who already used his redshirt year with Boise State in 2004, is no stranger to overcoming leg injuries. He was diagnosed with Compartment Syndrome, a painful condition where muscle tissue is constricted, while recovering from a broken tibia he suffered against Weber State in 2006.

"I've been on crutches almost every year since I've been here," he said. "I'm never sad to see them go."

LaMantia said he has only watched the Griz play on TV, but might attend today's game against Sacramento State in person.

"Since I'm from California, I'd love to see the Hornets get their teeth kicked in," he said.

Q: What is your outlook for the future as far as playing for the Griz?

A: Obviously at 220 or 225 pounds, I can't play at defensive tackle. I'm hoping to get in on special teams. I really enjoyed it. You get to run at full speed and hit somebody. It's really an adrenaline rush.

Q: How are you feeling now?

A: Pretty good. I'm definitely picking up speed. I'm starting to transition into more football oriented activates. Coach (Bobby) Hauck and Coach (Kraig) Paulson have been really supportive, looking out for my football career and my health after football.

Q: Do you have any specific goals or time table for playing this year?

A: I'd love to run full speed into a Cat. That would be a nice way top go out. Nothing like being able to beat up on your little brother.

Q: How much does the chance to get to play in at least one more game mean to you?

A: It would mean a tremendous amount to me. It's what I've done this past decade. You want to see it through, but you have to give it time. It's kind of heart breaking, like telling a fisherman he can't fish anymore.

Q: What brought you to Montana?

A: I didn't want to wait a year sitting out if I transferred, so I looked up who was in the top 10 (in Division I-AA) and I knew I wanted to stay out west. I looked up who won between the two schools that year (2005) and it was MSU. A teammate though, Tanyon Bissell, who's from Bozeman, said, "You really need to look into the U."

I did a little more homework and realized the Griz and Missoula were for me.
(more Q & A's in the Link)

4theluvofgriz said:
Wow, quite a list. Thanks PR. Anyone know anything about any of these guys from some of the glory years?

Jefferson Heidlberger, Levander Segars, Etu Molden, Vince Huntsberger, Trey Young

After playing several seasons in the CFL, Trey Young runs Official Player Watch helping prospects, including many from the Big Sky, earn tryouts and spots with CFL teams.

http://www.officialplayerwatch.com/

Ursa Major said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Ringneck said:
Terran Hillesland - I think I heard he's back in Sidney in the real estate biz, I forget which agency.

Tuff Harris - Active as a speaker and leader in Montana's native communities with his One Heart Warriors organization. I think he serves/served on the pastoral staff at Faith Chapel in Billings too.

Greg Hardy - I think he was back in Fairview coaching football for two or three years. I'm not sure if he's still there.

Greg Hardy lives in Bozeman and works in sales at Universal Athletic.

I'll bet his work duties do not include spelling out C-A-T-S with his arms.
I think he has to drink out of a blue Bobcat cup though......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

statler & waldorf said:
Silenoz said:
And a certain ex-con lives in Bozeman because I noticed him on the sex offender map...

Real class, Silenoz. :roll:
Uh, he's a rapist. I live by the park and have three small children so I'm checking that shit regularly

Only eGriz

Bear Axed said:
Q: What brought you to Montana?

A: I didn't want to wait a year sitting out if I transferred, so I looked up who was in the top 10 (in Division I-AA) and I knew I wanted to stay out west. I looked up who won between the two schools that year (2005) and it was MSU. A teammate though, Tanyon Bissell, who's from Bozeman, said, "You really need to look into the U."

I did a little more homework and realized the Griz and Missoula were for me.
(more Q & A's in the Link)
This quote did not get near enough attention. What a beautiful statement. A Bozemanite was the one to set him straight! And that person referred to us a “the U.” Ha!

4theluvofgriz said:
I have always been curious about the whereabouts, occupations, and just life in general for our ex-football players. We rarely hear much about these guys after they graduate. I am quite sure that many posters know about some of these players, or are even friends with them. I think it would be cool to hear about where some of these guys ended up after their Griz days, and where life has taken them. Of course, I understand that some may not want to have their private info made public, but if any of you are buddies with ex-players, and check with them first to get their OK to post about them, please do so.

I remember a Missoulian journalist writing a series of editorials about some ex-Griz athletes some years ago. Just nice to keep up with the guys we followed back in their playing days.

That was Bill Schwanke,former Griz play by play announcer, who did those great articles. I enjoyed them too. The Missoulian sports section is down to about 3 pages these days-baseball standings and box scores and a cpl high school tennis and track stories when there isn't a Griz game. We'll never see those kind of articles again and we'll all probably live to see the end of daily newspapers alltogether. Sorry Colter.

I used to work for the company that did the audit for Great Harvest in Dillon. One of our audit procedures is to do a positive confirmation. I type up a letter, Great Harvest puts on letterhead and signs their name to it, and I send it to a sample of customers.

I’m scanning the sample and I see the name Brian Ah Yat.

This was back in 2006-ish. We sent the letter addressed to him to Honolulu. At the time he had a couple Great Harvest stores.

So I’m not sure if he’s still doing that or if he’s moved on to something else. Bread doesn’t make a lot of money but if I recall he had two stores so I’m sure he was at least slightly north of the average. The CFO at the time seemed to think he was a pretty nice guy.

Andy Petek works for Lithia in Helena
TJ Oelkers works for Stryker in Bosie
Jason Francis works for Stryker in Spokane
Matt Steinau own Orange Coast Finacial in Laguna Niguel
Dan Orizott works for Depomed Phamaceuticals in Connecticut
Calvin Coleman is in Las Vegas and works for a company that buys back time shares

The Ah Yat's no longer have the Great Harvest Franchise. Brian is a high school quarterback coach. HIs QB, a 2020 prospect, got an offer from Michigan in 8th grade.

Liquor up front! said:
The most successful former Griz is Chris Lebsock.

Chris never played for the Griz did he? I thought he went to Concordia and is a preacher now.

PlayerRep said:
RayWill said:
Liquor up front! said:
The most successful former Griz is Chris Lebsock.

Chris never played for the Griz did he? I thought he went to Concordia and is a preacher now.

And went to med school, I believe.

For once PlayerRep is right. As much as I hate the guy personally, Trumaine signed a $72M contract that may never be equaled by a Griz. Lebsock dropped out of med school and became a priest, so maybe Liquor and Ned Flanders disagree, but few others would.

Vince Huntsberger is a Doctor in Sandpoint, ID.

http://www.bonnergeneral.org/physician/vincent-huntsberger-m-d/

Back