• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's going to be starting quarterback next year?

mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
He's not transferring?

According to a good source, nope. That would mean we've got 6 QBs.

BW, do you know if Prater will be on scholarship this season, or is he considered a walk on transfer?

No clue but per what someone was suggesting to me (i.e. a wild-ass-guess) since he's on the GI bill maybe a football schollie isn't needed, for now?

BWahlberg said:
mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
He's not transferring?

BW, do you know if Prater will be on scholarship this season, or is he considered a walk on transfer?

No clue but per what someone was suggesting to me (i.e. a wild-ass-guess) since he's on the GI bill maybe a football schollie isn't needed, for now?
Being married and having a child has got to be pretty taxing on a young family. The GI Bill would certainly help, but if it's still like the olden days (20 years ago) it will barely cover living expenses.
Do transfers usually get scholarships right out of the gate?

Post Falls Griz said:
BWahlberg said:
mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:

Being married and having a child has got to be pretty taxing on a young family. The GI Bill would certainly help, but if it's still like the olden days (20 years ago) it will barely cover living expenses.

To start, I'm pretty sure he is on financial aid, GI Bill, etc until June. Scholarships go from June to June. I don't know the exact date.

Post Falls Griz said:
BWahlberg said:
mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:

Some do, some don't - all depends on the offer, the coach, and the player.

No one is going to transfer yet, because all six of them think they are going to be the starter next Fall. After spring ball is when you will see at least 1-2 move on.

rollo_tumasi said:
No one is going to transfer yet, because all six of them think they are going to be the starter next Fall. After spring ball is when you will see at least 1-2 move on.

Yeah that'd be my guess too.

Post Falls Griz said:
BWahlberg said:
mtgrizrule said:
BWahlberg said:

I believe they get housing assistance on GI bill as well.

i know one thing about the fcs....there is no a team in the country that carries six qbs on scholarships....a couple of them are going one way or the other....

There are many types of GI bills. Some you actually pay into and the military matches 1:1 even 2:1, depending how much you put into the kitty. Others are just a set amount usually capped at 50k. There is no housing assistance from the GI bill. But there are monies available through non profit military organizations that will help students in their local areas. There are also grants of all sorts that help x military. My son got his first 2 years of college done via Internet classes when he was on military bases. When he got out of the Army after 10 years in the 10th Cav. Recon. He had 2 years to spend his money that he and the army had saved. For every month he was enrolled in college with at least 12 credits he would get a monthly check for $2,850.00 tax free. When he got his first job out of college he actually made less than he did going to school. Prater will live pretty good being a married college student on a GI bill. The other thing you have to understand when these kids do a 12 month tour in the Middle East many come back with 60k in the bank. If they are smart they pay cash for a reliable car, some furniture bank the rest.

Wouldn't count anyone out. Gustafson and Weyer aren't burners, but they have enough athleticism to run the offense. I think intelligence and the "it" factor are more important variables than running ability in this offense. It is important that we have a guy that can orchestrate an up tempo offense and make calls before the snap, especially with the "take what they give us" mentality. I have no problem with six guys fighting it out in an open competition. I don't think anyone is the favorite at this point, which is how it should be.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Wouldn't count anyone out. Gustafson and Weyer aren't burners, but they have enough athleticism to run the offense. I think intelligence and the "it" factor are more important variables than running ability in this offense. It is important that we have a guy that can orchestrate an up tempo offense and make calls before the snap, especially with the "take what they give us" mentality. I have no problem with six guys fighting it out in an open competition. I don't think anyone is the favorite at this point, which is how it should be.

Gustafson may not have the foot speed, but he occupies the high ground among the QB candidates. Always an advantage when attacking.

With the Stitt attack one must be quick minded and it will help to be fleet of foot. Of course the kid must be able to throw the ball also. We will have 3 or four kids that can play Stitts offense. 3 guns are needed and just who it will be is a spring time take. Not now, all we are doing is blowing smoke.

AllWeatherFan said:
So, did Gustafson transfer to Rocky or not?

Like who dropped a deuce in the urinal and who won the I-AA Championship in 1984, I guess we'll never know.

Thanks hav. I thought I read he'd already transferred. I believe the poster said it was, and I quote, a "done deal."

Back