• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will this be Delaney's final year?

grizcountry420 said:
When is it going to be Gregoraks final year? I don't know about you but i'm tired of watching us getting our butts handed to us on the other side of the ball.. Our defensive scheme is vanilla as fukc!

I too have bitched and complained about the defensive scheme the past 2 years. It did improve some last season. Then again, those of us who never played football at the collegiate level know very little, and have no idea what we are talking about. How dare you or anyone question our defensive schemes when we don't know jack about playing at this level. :thumb: :lol:

Just know I am being a smart ass, and I do agree with your assessment.

I'm not sure about Roderick but I know when a woman says she needs to take some "time off" that it isn't good.

mtgrizrule said:
grizcountry420 said:
When is it going to be Gregoraks final year? I don't know about you but i'm tired of watching us getting our butts handed to us on the other side of the ball.. Our defensive scheme is vanilla as fukc!

I too have bitched and complained about the defensive scheme the past 2 years. It did improve some last season. Then again, those of us who never played football at the collegiate level know very little, and have no idea what we are talking about. How dare you or anyone question our defensive schemes when we don't know jack about playing at this level. :thumb: :lol:

Just know I am being a smart ass, and I do agree with your assessment.

Well said.....

:lol:

I believe this will be Delaney's last year. If his tenure last too much longer, it could start to resemble the Weekend At Bernie's movies/ sequels. I mean, UM could be wheeling him out for another three years just like in the Bernie's films. Think about it. It could happen. I don't think it will but it could.

There's no arguing that with his avuncular style, Mick brought calm and stability to the program. But to suggest he was the only one who could do so is nonsense. What we have seen, both here at UM and back at Western Montana, is that Mick is in over his head with the #1 headset. This team flourished last year because of predecessor coaches' recruits winning in spite of the team being out-coached in many facets of game situations. Mick's a fine gentleman, but I want a coach who can leave the opposing coaches' mouths open and jocks on the ground with new plays and tactical decisions they never saw coming--like our opponents regularly do to this staff. A coach who moves along assistants who just aren't cutting it, and will pull starters whose heads aren't yet completely into the game. A coach who studies who the opposing head coach is, not just what his team does. Read, Hauck and Phlu have these qualities, our Mick and Mick never did. I'm fine with Mick finishing this year, especially if he take the reins off Jordy, but i would like to see a graceful exit at the end of the season.

Teton Cat said:
PlayerRep said:
Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:
Mick will be the head coach in 2015 and this time, and quite possibly will be offered a three-year deal before the Wyoming game. BOOK IT

Wow!!! Mick could sign a three year deal AND then quite possibly go 0-2 against Wyoming and NDSU....kind of a buzzkill don't you think :mrgreen:

I assume you know that NDSU is the 4th game of the season. Yes, it's possible that a coach could sign a contract renewal and lose 2 games. Does this possibility surprise you? Hauck signed a contract extension several years ago, and only won 2 games the next season. Were you the one posting on the UNLV message board then, saying that Hauck could be getting an extension and going to lose 10 games that season?

Nope PR....wasn't me. Unlike you I only have one screen name no matter what board it is. As for UNLV & Hauck....surely you must realize that winning a couple of conference games is met with much enthusiasm, hand clapping, and the coach is rewarded with a multi-year contract...if that happened at UM he'd be put on the first bus back to Butte

Looks like you're very proud that you use the same screen name on all boards. That must be a major accomplishment for you. Congrats.

Taking over from Pflu for year one was "for the kids." You could stretch that out for year two. But now, its all about Mick. He is probably a great guy, and would make a great neighbor, in Butte. We've all seen his coaching ability, time and again. He got his grandson a place on the team, so he's a great family guy. If you wanted to keep Griz football mediocre at best, you'd keep Delaney right were he is. Right, Royce?

horribilisfan8184 said:
There's no arguing that with his avuncular style, Mick brought calm and stability to the program. But to suggest he was the only one who could do so is nonsense. What we have seen, both here at UM and back at Western Montana, is that Mick is in over his head with the #1 headset. This team flourished last year because of predecessor coaches' recruits winning in spite of the team being out-coached in many facets of game situations. Mick's a fine gentleman, but I want a coach who can leave the opposing coaches' mouths open and jocks on the ground with new plays and tactical decisions they never saw coming--like our opponents regularly do to this staff. A coach who moves along assistants who just aren't cutting it, and will pull starters whose heads aren't yet completely into the game. A coach who studies who the opposing head coach is, not just what his team does. Read, Hauck and Phlu have these qualities, our Mick and Mick never did. I'm fine with Mick finishing this year, especially if he take the reins off Jordy, but i would like to see a graceful exit at the end of the season.

Nobody really gives a Fck what you want and who the hell is Phlu??

I want Mick to win a NC, so I can validate how bad Hauck was and finally say "I told you so"

****Disclaimer, I don't really want to say ITYS but you idiots think I do, so being a team player I am giving you what you want.****

Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

In reverse order, a purposeful misspelling to bring out the douche police, and obviously, you do. Mick, you spend too much time on this forum and really should spend a little more time learning football tactics and game management. I'm pulling for you to have one great season where you mysteriously exceed your proven limitations.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

In reverse order, a purposeful misspelling to bring out the douche police, and obviously, you do. Mick, you spend too much time on this forum and really should spend a little more time learning football tactics and game management. I'm pulling for you to have one great season where you mysteriously exceed your proven limitations.

Since you know so much more about the game of football than MD I would love to see your coaching resume. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.

Also, if MD retires after the upcoming season will you apply for the job? I would think a guy with your extreme knowledge of the game of football would be near the top of UM's wish list. :roll:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

CXjS90x.png

Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Since you know so much more about the game of football than MD I would love to see your coaching resume. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.

Also, if MD retires after the upcoming season will you apply for the job? I would think a guy with your extreme knowledge of the game of football would be near the top of UM's wish list. :roll:

So Lame. Look, I have numerous tournament wins and championships at levels from peewee to amateur, as a player, player coach, and coach in football, softball, soccer, golf, hockey, darts and bowling. I do know how to win and how to motivate players to win. I think better under pressure and am quick on my feet. I've studied battle strategies in war, and game strategies in sports. I know when someone else has these qualities and I'm sorry, Mick, but you don't. Not a put down just the way it is.

Hammer said:

Only if he's real cheap.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:

So Lame. Look, I have numerous tournament wins and championships at levels from peewee to amateur, as a player, player coach, and coach in football, softball, soccer, golf, hockey, darts and bowling. I do know how to win and how to motivate players to win. I think better under pressure and am quick on my feet. I've studied battle strategies in war, and game strategies in sports. I know when someone else has these qualities and I'm sorry, Mick, but you don't. Not a put down just the way it is.

It's been a long time since I saw a well-coached darts match. My own darts coaching career ended in scandal after one of my players accused me of trying to have sex to her. The NDA wasn't happy, and Conrad Daniels himself called to voice his displeasure.

LOVE, Conrad Daniels! I hear his cousin plays a mean fiddle.....forget his name right this minute. Probably the best there's ever been.....Conrad that is.

:coffee:

The cousin plays a pretty good fiddle, but it's nice to give Conrad his due. He changed the whole sport when he decided to go the steel tip route.

CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

It's been a long time since I saw a well-coached darts match. My own darts coaching career ended in scandal after one of my players accused me of trying to have sex to her. The NDA wasn't happy, and Conrad Daniels himself called to voice his displeasure.

I could've thrown in Risk, Monopoly and Acquire but that would be gilding the lily.

horribilisfan8184 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:

I could've thrown in Risk, Monopoly and Acquire but that would be gilding the lily.

I will OWN your sorry ass in Risk. End of discussion. :| :evil:

AZGrizFan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I will OWN your sorry ass in Risk. End of discussion. :| :evil:

Mick told me last year, he planned on coaching the Griz for three years if they (UM) would have him. This is his third year, however, his three statement to me did not include his first season as head coach. So, for the military stratigist ( horribilisfan8184), he is expecting at least one more year.

Latest posts

Back