• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will this be Delaney's final year?

cclarkblues said:
I find Jarts to be much more stimulating and manly than Darts...

Word on the street in Spokecompton is CDA was trying to get a professional Jarts/Jorts league going, but was having trouble with funding among other things.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

Word on the street in Spokecompton is CDA was trying to get a professional Jarts/Jorts league going, but was having trouble with funding among other things.

We folded. I wasn't really in it for the right reasons. I was way more into the Jorts than the Jarts, and apparently that is "frowned upon."

CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
In reverse order, a purposeful misspelling to bring out the douche police, and obviously, you do. Mick, you spend too much time on this forum and really should spend a little more time learning football tactics and game management. I'm pulling for you to have one great season where you mysteriously exceed your proven limitations.

Since you know so much more about the game of football than MD I would love to see your coaching resume. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.

Also, if MD retires after the upcoming season will you apply for the job? I would think a guy with your extreme knowledge of the game of football would be near the top of UM's wish list. :roll:

So Lame. Look, I have numerous tournament wins and championships at levels from peewee to amateur, as a player, player coach, and coach in football, softball, soccer, golf, hockey, darts and bowling. I do know how to win and how to motivate players to win. I think better under pressure and am quick on my feet. I've studied battle strategies in war, and game strategies in sports. I know when someone else has these qualities and I'm sorry, Mick, but you don't. Not a put down just the way it is.

It's been a long time since I saw a well-coached darts match. My own darts coaching career ended in scandal after one of my players accused me of trying to have sex to her. The NDA wasn't happy, and Conrad Daniels himself called to voice his displeasure.

OMG! That's you? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the '84 Ladies National Dart Championship Match (NDCM)? I watched that match live on ABC Wide World of Sports. "Dandy Don" Merideth lost it when she turned on you during that time-out. I was sorry to hear when the NDA band you!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Hammer said:
Since you know so much more about the game of football than MD I would love to see your coaching resume. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.

Also, if MD retires after the upcoming season will you apply for the job? I would think a guy with your extreme knowledge of the game of football would be near the top of UM's wish list. :roll:

So Lame. Look, I have numerous tournament wins and championships at levels from peewee to amateur, as a player, player coach, and coach in football, softball, soccer, golf, hockey, darts and bowling. I do know how to win and how to motivate players to win. I think better under pressure and am quick on my feet. I've studied battle strategies in war, and game strategies in sports. I know when someone else has these qualities and I'm sorry, Mick, but you don't. Not a put down just the way it is.

It's been a long time since I saw a well-coached darts match. My own darts coaching career ended in scandal after one of my players accused me of trying to have sex to her. The NDA wasn't happy, and Conrad Daniels himself called to voice his displeasure.

OMG! That's you? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the '84 Ladies National Dart Championship Match (NDCM)? I watched that match live on ABC Wide World of Sports. "Dandy Don" Merideth lost it when she turned on you during that time-out. I was sorry to hear when the NDA band you!

Thanks, man. It was a witch hunt if I've ever seen one, but we did a lot for the sport that year. The men had a hell of a final match in '84. Not surprisingly, I was able to find footage.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQGC_CvJec[/youtube]

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

I thought that he wanted everybody to wear skorts.

cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

The only problem I had with Jarts. The bartender kicked me out because they made to big of holes in his dart board.

cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

This comedy has run its course. Time to stick a spork in it.

AZGrizFan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I could've thrown in Risk, Monopoly and Acquire but that would be gilding the lily.

I will OWN your sorry ass in Risk. End of discussion. :| :evil:

The wife already owns my sorry ass but I'll put my busted knees and shoulders on the line.

cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

He only wanted you and Titleless in skirts. :coffee:

It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again...............

cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

He only wanted you and Titleless in skorts. :coffee:

It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again............... :?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

Incorrect. Those two would have been refs, and thus required to wear jeggings.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cclarkblues said:

You're just jealous cause I make skorts look GOOD.

I try to be positive and take into account that when Mick came in as head coach he did not bring a staff a coaches with him as would an already head coach from another program. This was pretty much a ragtag mix of coaches that did not have lots of years together even under RP.
I think Mick is a class act, nice guy and truly does care about the program, but he is just a bit over his head at this level and with a program that should still be in the top five in the nation.
Whether or not he has a good 2014 season its still going to set us up for needing a new head guy in the next couple years. Now will it be elevating a current staff member or bringing in some new talent, who knows. Please Mick, prove me wrong.

statler & waldorf said:
If he gave a damn about Griz football, he would have retired long ago. Its all about Mick.

If you gave a damn about Griz football, you would change your tune.

It's actually not "all about Mick". He actually cares more about this football program and other people in general than he does himself. By a long shot.

But what do you know, you're stuffed puppets for christ sake.

Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:
Mick will be the head coach in 2015 and this time, and quite possibly will be offered a three-year deal before the Wyoming game. BOOK IT

Wow!!! Mick could sign a three year deal AND then quite possibly go 0-2 against Wyoming and NDSU....kind of a buzzkill don't you think :mrgreen:

Only the boobcats are professional buzz killers, Ted. All that hype last season, only to end the season going 0-3 and missing out on those playoffs and national championship appearance ( :lol: ) that players and media kept saying they were going to get to. All in that SR QB's lackluster season. Not to mention bowing down to the program in Missoula. I love how the bozo media can't even say Montana when referring to UM, they have to say "That school in Missoula". Talk about BUZZ KILL! msu has a patent on that. :D

SACCAT66 said:
rimrockgriz said:
Teton Cat said:
PlayerRep said:
I assume you know that NDSU is the 4th game of the season. Yes, it's possible that a coach could sign a contract renewal and lose 2 games. Does this possibility surprise you? Hauck signed a contract extension several years ago, and only won 2 games the next season. Were you the one posting on the UNLV message board then, saying that Hauck could be getting an extension and going to lose 10 games that season?

Nope PR....wasn't me. Unlike you I only have one screen name no matter what board it is. As for UNLV & Hauck....surely you must realize that winning a couple of conference games is met with much enthusiasm, hand clapping, and the coach is rewarded with a multi-year contract...if that happened at UM he'd be put on the first bus back to Butte
and...with a sh!t "Q"...no speed at the wr position your scats revert back to your old ways...maybe 6 wins...however YOU continue to do what YOU do best...Legendary Douchebag.. :lol: :lol: Loser... :egriz:

I don't think our QB next year will be sh!t. I do think we need more speed at WR, but it is only Spring ball, so you never know. TR might end up being a WR because right now he is the 3rd best QB we have.

Tanner Roderick will be a WR in the fall. Two reasons: 1) He has looked horrible throwing the ball (the throws are usually not tight spirals, they are ugly and end over end often off the mark...over throwing tall TE's in the endzone, and throwing it into the turf to RBs on swing passes.) The news reports show this often, and the reporters even comment on air negatively on his throws. 2) Despite missing a lot of last season, he still averaged around 4 catches a game. (he is one of the leading returners at WR, and his awesome athleticism is needed there...he's great at WR). Even Bobcat sports beat stallion Colter Nuanez predicted this spring that Roderick will play WR in 2015, and not QB.

If they want a running QB, it will be the texas kid. The GF kid has the edge in passing. The Manhattan kid has missed a lot of spring with a bad back...he had some stem cells inserted and is back to running...

grizare#1 said:
I try to be positive and take into account that when Mick came in as head coach he did not bring a staff a coaches with him as would an already head coach from another program. This was pretty much a ragtag mix of coaches that did not have lots of years together even under RP.
I think Mick is a class act, nice guy and truly does care about the program, but he is just a bit over his head at this level and with a program that should still be in the top five in the nation.
Whether or not he has a good 2014 season its still going to set us up for needing a new head guy in the next couple years. Now will it be elevating a current staff member or bringing in some new talent, who knows. Please Mick, prove me wrong.

"Over his head at this level"? How is he is that when he was highly successful helping lead a program (Colorado State) that is above this level? :roll:

IntuitiveGriz said:
statler & waldorf said:
If he gave a damn about Griz football, he would have retired long ago. Its all about Mick.

If you gave a damn about Griz football, you would change your tune.

It's actually not "all about Mick". He actually cares more about this football program and other people in general than he does himself. By a long shot.

But what do you know, you're stuffed puppets for christ sake.

I expressed an opinion. You go on the personal attack mode. What goes around, comes around. Your turn.
OK, change of tune, a few octaves lower...I see your location is Butte. Related? Pick one: a) brother; b) uncle; c) daddy; d) a & b; e) a & c.

But, seriously, I, and many others, think he is in over his head. No need to rehash all his gaffs in his two years. He weathered the storm, lead by RE, but instead of telling RE the storm is over, time to get the program back on track, he takes year three. RE has no desire to see the re-emergence of Griz football dominance, so he keeps offering Mick more years. Though I've never met the man, Mick comes off as undoubtedly a nice guy, and loyal assistant, but not HC in any but an interim basis. Two years in interim, three is not. That is why I say, that now, it is all about Mick.

Back