• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winners win - that's why we need MVD as coach

I suspect O'Day was saying coaches who are not familiar with the Griz program won't come here for the money. They'll come here because they know what a dream job it is because of Griz nation & Wa-Griz stadium, etc. etc.

Taking it a step further, that would mean the new coach is one who will be familar with the program, ie, either a current assistant or someone who understands MT football. Which leads us back to MVD.

He knows how to consistently win a national championship, and that is one thing we haven't seen in these parts lately. And he's a Montana native who knows Montana football.

A strong coach who wins national championships & is from Montana, who else has those kinds of credentials?

That being said, I am confident O'Day will bring in the best coach who will take us to the mountaintop, and that person will have my full support.

see the hardware at ----http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42272&p=532436#p532436

MVD picture with the memorabilia of five national champtionships underscores why the title of this thread tells it all.

lotsa said:
see the hardware at ----http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42272&p=532436#p532436

MVD picture with the memorabilia of five national champtionships underscores why the title of this thread tells it all.

hardware is actually at http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42272

During his ten years as Head Football Coach at Carroll College, Mike Van Diest has led the Fighting Saints to five National Championships in the last seven years, which has been one of the most dominating runs in college football history. The Saints have posted 117-19 record during the past ten seasons. This includes a 76-10 Frontier Conference record for an impressive 88%. The Fighting Saints have earned nine consecutive Frontier Conference Championships.

He knows how to win the big one.

Ditto Joe Glenn before he came here from Div. II.

Pflugrad, Doeren and most others mentioned here are also very familiar with Montana and Montana football and have current D1 experience and success. MVD has been locked in the closet of NAIA FB for 11 years; believe me the world of D1 FB has changed a lot in 11 years and there is little to compare NAIA and D1.

I'm with djb; it's time for the Carroll contingent to take their infomercial somewhere else.

Silenoz said:
How did Chris Hatcher work out at Georgia Southern? Success at one level guarantees nothing at another.

You sir are correct :thumb:

I do find it interesting that 3 of the FCS biggest all time Giants are getting new head coaches all at the same time.

Youngstown
Georgia Southern
Montana

Now if only Jerry Moore would retire from app State :mrgreen:

The NAIA bashing is ridiculous. OK, so some team skill levels are going to be a bit different overall. Let’s see, he’s taken Carroll way beyond what the Petrino clan did ... he recruits in much the same areas as Montana does, ... his defenses are very complicated and aggressive, ... when they had a great QB his offense looked very similar to the Read offense.

He’s got integrity, character and a no nonsense approach to coaching. When the very dark storm a few years back hit campus the team was visibly shaken. I think they even lost a game or two in a row after that. Mike somehow got the team to rally together and it brought the very best out in them. It was an unbelievable season that ended with a National Championship.

I’m just tired of those that believe they have to knock MVD in order to sell their pick. Grow up, there can be more than one good coach out there. I’ll tell you this, if we select Mike we will win championships and we will be as proud of the team as we have for any of our coaches past.

"If we select Mike we will win championships and we will be as proud of the team as we have for any of our coaches past."

My sentiments exactly.

jus' saying....

justanotherfan said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
TRUE. MVD was told on his way home that he was not going to be chosen and was allowed to withdraw in order to "save face".

This is a prime example of all of the false claims about MVD on this post. It doesn't matter whose name is discussed, there is a faction without facts or knowledge who make claims that are false in an effort to discredit any candidate. Anyone close to the situation knows that MVD withdrew because of issues with the Cats program. The other leading candidate also dropped for the same reasons leaving the Cats with their Rob Ash, the third choice, as the only candidate standing. If you don't know the truth, don't make false claims in an effort to discredit.

justanotherfan... fine, believe what you want. exactly how "close" are you to the situation?

sincerely,

Carroll alum, booster

grizbrokebacker1 said:
justanotherfan said:
This is a prime example of all of the false claims about MVD on this post. It doesn't matter whose name is discussed, there is a faction without facts or knowledge who make claims that are false in an effort to discredit any candidate. Anyone close to the situation knows that MVD withdrew because of issues with the Cats program. The other leading candidate also dropped for the same reasons leaving the Cats with their Rob Ash, the third choice, as the only candidate standing. If you don't know the truth, don't make false claims in an effort to discredit.

justanotherfan... fine, believe what you want. exactly how "close" are you to the situation?

sincerely,

Carroll alum, booster

Brokeback,

Justanotherfan has heard a very similar story to what I was told.

Oh yea, I am willing to bet that I am closer to the situation then you, justanotherfan and/or anyone else on this board. I am sure I wasn't lied to, but you can believe what you want to believe!

Finally, If you wan't me to prove to you I am close to the situation, PM me, I will let you know who I am.

Liquor up front! said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:

sincerely,

Carroll alum, booster

Brokeback,

Justanotherfan has heard a very similar story to what I was told.

Oh yea, I am willing to bet that I am closer to the situation then you, justanotherfan and/or anyone else on this board. I am sure I wasn't lied to, but you can believe what you want to believe!

Finally, If you wan't me to prove to you I am close to the situation, PM me, I will let you know who I am.

VanDiest was the last of five finalists to interview. Lennon was their first choice, he backed out. VanDiest didn't want to leave the Carroll program hanging so late in the spring (and I completely respect that decision... it takes a stand up guy to do that) so he bowed out on the drive home. I guess you can interpret that several different ways.

Back