• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Yamen Sanders

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Yamen Sanders is a physical specimen, and he plays like it. As a SR in HS, he had 90 tackles and 1 INT that he returned for 30 yards. The high tackle numbers tells you what kind of player he is, a SS that plays like a OLB, I love this player addition :!: :clap:

454656156-safety-yamen-sanders-of-the-arizona-wildcats-gettyimages.jpg

Uh... he had five tackles while playing in 14 games in 2014. Is that a typo?

Maybe he played special teams? Maybe he played limited minutes? :roll:

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Yamen Sanders is a physical specimen, and he plays like it. As a SR in HS, he had 90 tackles and 1 INT that he returned for 30 yards. The high tackle numbers tells you what kind of player he is, a SS that plays like a OLB, I love this player addition :!: :clap:

He didn't play much, though he appeared in 14 games. Thats why he's transferring.

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Is what a typo? THe numbers Intuitive quoted were for his SR year in HS, not 2014.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Is what a typo? THe numbers Intuitive quoted were for his SR year in HS, not 2014.

I was referring to Kyles comments that were posted earlier in this thread:

kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 8m8 minutes ago
Yamen Sanders, a 6-4, 200lb safety from Arizona will transfer to Montana. Sanders will be a redshirt junior

kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 6m6 minutes ago
Sanders redshirted in 2012, then played in 12 games in 2013 and 14 last season. He finished 2014 with 5 tackles

kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 2m2 minutes ago
Sanders was a 2-star recruit when he came out of Culver City High in 2012 and chose UA over Arizona State

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

It's not a typo, Sanders had 5 tackles in 2014. U of A had FOURTEEN Safeties on their 2014 football team.

2014: Played in 14 games with the secondary and on special teams … Logged five tackles, including four solo stops.

2013: Played in 12 games with the secondary and as a member of special teams … Totaled six tackles, including three solo stops.

2012: Redshirted his true freshman year.

High School: All-CIF Southern Section Western Division defensive back … PrepStar SoCal 150 … All-Ocean League honors … Logged 90 tackles in 2011, with 10 three times … Picked off one interception for 30 yards … Had 32 tackles in 2010 and one safety … Also played basketball and ran track for the Centaurs.

Personal: Son of Yamen Sanders, a USC grad and basketball alum … Elder Sanders played in the CBA and overseas in Italy, Japan, Germany and Turkey … Majoring in pre-business.

Let's not get this twisted, Yamen Sanders is a player.

Arizona had 14 Safeties on the roster (and he still saw the field as FR and SO).
Arizona beat (eventual national runner-up) Oregon during the regular season, in Oregon mind you.
Arizona played for the Pac 12 Conference Championship.
Arizona was a Top 10 team in the nation in 2014.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Let's not get this twisted, Yamen Sanders is a player.

Arizona had 14 Safeties on the roster (and he still saw the field as FR and SO).
Arizona beat (eventual national runner-up) Oregon during the regular season, in Oregon mind you.
Arizona played for the Pac 12 Conference Championship.
Arizona was a Top 10 team in the nation in 2014.

Good point Intuitive. Any PAC-12 level player SHOULD have the goods to play well in the BSC. If you think about it, Sanders is no more of an unknown then Manu or Whitted IMO. As a result, he'll be in the mix....

CV Griz Fan said:
NLGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
NLGrizFan said:
This is what I got. I screwed up tho. They have them at 7th in the FCS and 96th in the nation, FBS included. I generally wouldn't rely on this site as much as I do but in 2013 I downloaded the app and used it in the Big Sky Chalkenge. After it hung in the Top 3 of 6 weeks it kinda made me a believer. The only reason why I fell behind was because I never thought NAU would beat the Griz. So I went against the app and lost that game. If I would won the challenge I was gonna give it away on my facebook page. Never figured I had a chance in the world til the end of October and never dropped anymore than 5th in line. Anyhow, here's the link. http://www.compughterratings.com/CFB/teams/Montana

I would try Sportsnetwork.com. It has every category ranking in the FCS.You can even go back to previous years. It seems simpler to me.....
I've used TSN before. Great site! Maybe it's just me but it's hard for me to turn my back on things that have worked for me lol. I see where you're at tho. Compughterrating is all stats. I'm a numbers guys. Does TSN have an app? I'll have to look. That'd be pretty handy I think.

By all means, review what ever web site you want. But when you make a comment like the Griz D is "top five" I'd have the proper facts.... Just sayin'....
Well I gave ya the link. Look. #7...

AZGrizFan wrote:
I've met oGriz on multiple occasions and we got along just fine.
Affirmative. Noting that words make up only a very small percentage of communication, most Griz fans get along pretty well in person. AZ was a Duke's patron when he lived here.

Hammer wrote:
You forgot to include Michael Hawthorne.
True, but Michael hasn't been around for a few years. We've had the Poehls and Counts more recently. And one of Bobby's uncles. Pflugrad has a house here, but he doesn't watch Griz games.

I would try Sportsnetwork.com. It has every category ranking in the FCS.You can even go back to previous years. It seems simpler to me.....[/quote]
I've used TSN before. Great site! Maybe it's just me but it's hard for me to turn my back on things that have worked for me lol. I see where you're at tho. Compughterrating is all stats. I'm a numbers guys. Does TSN have an app? I'll have to look. That'd be pretty handy I think.[/quote]

By all means, review what ever web site you want. But when you make a comment like the Griz D is "top five" I'd have the proper facts.... Just sayin'....[/quote]
Well I gave ya the link. Look. #7...[/quote]

Like I said, use whatever sight you want. But Compughterrating is a site that uses mathmatical models for predictive purposes for mostly hypothetical game simulations. That's great for fun and entertainment. The report you accessed used many other variables other than Griz defensive statistics from the 2014 season to come up with their opinions. Sportsnetwork.com and other sites show the Griz D ranked like #39 nationally, in the FCS, in total D last season. Each site reports the same data rushing D, passing D, scoring D etc.The Griz were not a top 5 Defense in 2014, no where near it in fact. That's why I suggested sticking to a site that just listed simple satistical rankings.

Back