• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

HookedonGriz said:
I like what I see here! Check out the comments:

https://twitter.com/heres_rj/status/1482503983184834560?s=21

He was a part of some really good Steele Canyon Football teams when he was in High School. Played Varsity for them for at least three years and was a staple in their secondary both as a CB and as a Safety. He's played in the 3-3 a ton as that was SCHS's preferred defense and probably trends as an alley safety and slot type corner. Really smart/savvy kid. If we end up with him, it would be a good get. The SCHS teams had a crap top of talent on them over the past four or five years and a little bit like Helix HS all their talent it is sometimes really easy to obscure how talented some of those kids are.

Clearly in this weird covid recruiting and transfer environment Hauck and company are relying on past connections with players and known recruiting connections to help augment the roster. There are a lot tallented players at Grossmont and other Cali JC's because of the glut of players that weren't seen a ton over the past two years that could be a real treasure trove for 4 year schools.

Grizfan-24 said:
HookedonGriz said:
I like what I see here! Check out the comments:

https://twitter.com/heres_rj/status/1482503983184834560?s=21

He was a part of some really good Steele Canyon Football teams when he was in High School. Played Varsity for them for at least three years and was a staple in their secondary both as a CB and as a Safety. He's played in the 3-3 a ton as that was SCHS's preferred defense and probably trends as an alley safety and slot type corner. Really smart/savvy kid. If we end up with him, it would be a good get. The SCHS teams had a crap top of talent on them over the past four or five years and a little bit like Helix HS all their talent it is sometimes really easy to obscure how talented some of those kids are.

Clearly in this weird covid recruiting and transfer environment Hauck and company are relying on past connections with players and known recruiting connections to help augment the roster. There are a lot tallented players at Grossmont and other Cali JC's because of the glut of players that weren't seen a ton over the past two years that could be a real treasure trove for 4 year schools.

I'm worried about his playing in the 3-3-5, I've been told it can't stop run heavy teams. I mean yeah, it beat holy hell out of some team that went to the National Championship. But no real team uses it.

SaskGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

I'm worried about his playing in the 3-3-5, I've been told it can't stop run heavy teams. I mean yeah, it beat holy hell out of some team that went to the National Championship. But no real team uses it.

https://twitter.com/heres_rj/status/1482511296335474689?s=21

Let’s Take a look at our depth at Safety and CB with the addition of Dawson and maybe Whitehead and a few others I’ve heard about
CB:
Robert Whitehead
Jaydon Dawson
Justin Ford
Autjoe Soe
Corbin Walker
Trevin Gradney
Trajon Cotton ( Could play Safety or CB)
Dylan Simmons
Rylan Alford ( yes coach Tony Alfords son is playing for the Griz this year could play WR or CB)
Rishi Daniels ( After a year away from the program I’ve heard that Daniels will be back with the team, could also play Safety)

Safety Position
Nash Fouch
Garrett Graves
David Koppang
Gabe Longin
Ryder Meyer
Quinn Lamers (Marc Marianis cousin from Wisconsin I’ve heard will play Safety for us)
Robby Hauck
Padraig Lang
T.J. Rausch (Moved from WR to Safety)
Jaxon Lee
Soren Syvrud
Jace Klucewich
Chase McGurran
Joey Visser
Tyson Rostad ( Don’t know what position he will play but I think Safety will be his best position for us.)
I highly doubt we add anymore players to the secondary unless we have a lot of guys leave)
I’d like to see us add another LB ( high school or transfer) 2-3 more OL transfers besides the guy I’ve heard we’ve had coming in and a couple more DL and another QB. Also keep in mind we had a couple greyshirts joining the team Ben McGourin (DL) and Ethan Barney (OL)

SaskGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

grizfan1984 said:
Let’s Take a look at our depth at Safety and CB with the addition of Dawson and maybe Whitehead and a few others I’ve heard about
CB:
Robert Whitehead
Jaydon Dawson
Justin Ford
Autjoe Soe
Corbin Walker
Trevin Gradney
Dylan Simmons
Rylan Alford ( yes coach Tony Alfords son is playing for the Griz this year could play WR or CB)
Rishi Daniels ( After a year away from the program I’ve heard that Daniels will be back with the team, could also play Safety)

Safety Position
Nash Fouch
Garrett Graves
David Koppang
Gabe Longin
Ryder Meyer
Quinn Lamers (Marc Marianis cousin from Wisconsin I’ve heard will play Safety for us)
Robby Hauck
Padraig Lang
Jaxon Lee
Soren Syvrud
Jace Klucewich
Chase McGurran
Joey Visser
Tyson Rostad ( Don’t know what position he will play but I think Safety will be his best position for us.)
I highly doubt we add anymore players to the secondary unless we have a lot of guys leave)
I’d like to see us add another LB ( high school or transfer) 2-3 more OL transfers besides the guy I’ve heard we’ve had coming in and a couple more DL and another QB. Also keep in mind we had a couple greyshirts joining the team Ben McGourin (DL) and Ethan Barney (OL)

This is the list I’ve made to speculate over. Looks like there has been some interaction made above just a coach reaching out.

QB Carson Baker
QB Miles Fallon
OL Derek Ferraro
QB Jake Jensen (Juco)
LB Cooper Watson ( high school)
DE Gunnar Gibson
C Brian Greene
QB Robby Rowell
WR Austin Kutscher
CB Robert Whitehead (Juco)
DL Victory Vaka
S Khoury Bethley

Most of these guys have limited offers, only 2 have Griz offers so realize this is simply a list that know about the Griz and our coaches.

FJQlULDVkAEx_bd

grizfan1984 said:
CB:
Robert Whitehead
Jaydon Dawson
Justin Ford
Autjoe Soe
Corbin Walker
Trevin Gradney
Dylan Simmons

Safety Position
Nash Fouch
Garrett Graves
David Koppang
Gabe Longin
Ryder Meyer
Robby Hauck
Padraig Lang
Jaxon Lee
Soren Syvrud
Jace Klucewich
Chase McGurran
Joey Visser

Seems somewhat odd that with this many bodies in the defensive backfield room that we’d add TWO transfers….but hey, I guess if the opportunity exists to get significantly better you take it. Still waiting on two O-line and some D-line beef announcements….

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
CB:
Robert Whitehead
Jaydon Dawson
Justin Ford
Autjoe Soe
Corbin Walker
Trevin Gradney
Dylan Simmons

Safety Position
Nash Fouch
Garrett Graves
David Koppang
Gabe Longin
Ryder Meyer
Robby Hauck
Padraig Lang
Jaxon Lee
Soren Syvrud
Jace Klucewich
Chase McGurran
Joey Visser

Seems somewhat odd that with this many bodies in the defensive backfield room that we’d add TWO transfers….but hey, I guess if the opportunity exists to get significantly better you take it. Still waiting on two O-line and some D-line beef announcements….

One transfer has two years left the other has one year left. A lot of those others are pretty young.

Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/collingrote/status/1482924158560309251?s=20

Love the confidence here, but I'll be a believer after a convincing win November 12th.
Sure Berriere and Limu will be gone, but they still have all those receivers and a backup thats been waiting for 3 years for his shot.

I do believe our depth at CB is going to be great this year though.

Griztrain said:
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/collingrote/status/1482924158560309251?s=20

Love the confidence here, but I'll be a believer after a convincing win November 12th.
Sure Berriere and Limu will be gone, but they still have all those receivers and a backup thats been waiting for 3 years for his shot.

The convincing win in the playoffs didn’t help?

AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:

The convincing win in the playoffs didn’t help?

The first half had me worried, knowing how the offense struggled to put up points at times.
Next year shouldnt be as big of a concern, with new play makers coming in.

Really good linebacker prospect from Nebraska commits:

https://twitter.com/genatone_v/status/1483456034157039625?s=21

dayday said:

Looks solid. LB is the position I will never question this staff about, so if they want him, he's good.

GrizLawGrad said:
dayday said:

Looks solid. LB is the position I will never question this staff about, so if they want him, he's good.

He is a tough kid and a stud wrestler as well. He placed 2nd as a sophomore in Wyoming prior to transferring to Nebraska las year. Won the state championship as a junior at his new school in 2021.

go96griz said:
GrizLawGrad said:

He is a tough kid and a stud wrestler as well. He placed 2nd as a sophomore in Wyoming prior to transferring to Nebraska las year. Won the state championship as a junior at his new school in 2021.

Wow! Definitely thought the Griz were out of it after the trail went cold and NAU/Nebraska were all over him on twitter. One benefit of the staff doing all the behind the scenes recruiting is surprises like this!

Too bad after he performs well, Nebraska comes and poaches him back home, kidding... but not really :lol:

Latest posts

Back