• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I get it but East Helena is a separate incorporated city Lolo is not. Now that East Helena has a high school maybe people will get that. Make no mistake the kids who grow up in East Helena do not claim Helena as their home, even if they did attend a Helena high school.

RainierGriz said:
If East Helena gets to claim Featherston, then Lolo gets to claim Wagenman

227GRIZ said:
I get it but East Helena is a separate incorporated city Lolo is not. Now that East Helena has a high school maybe people will get that. Make no mistake the kids who grow up in East Helena do not claim Helena as their home, even if they did attend a Helena high school.

RainierGriz said:

You should run for Mayor.

Again?
wbtfg said:
227GRIZ said:

You should run for Mayor.

227GRIZ said:

RainierGriz said:

Just who are these jokers thinking Helena and East Helena are somehow the same damn thing? They’re worlds apart in terms of topography, climate, people passing through, etc. It’s time to let the world know once and for all that East Helena isn’t Helena; it’s a bit east of there.

CDAGRIZ said:
227GRIZ said:

Just who are these jokers thinking Helena and East Helena are somehow the same damn thing? They’re worlds apart in terms of topography, climate, people passing through, etc. It’s time to let the world know once and for all that East Helena isn’t Helena; it’s a bit east of there.

That’s like saying East Missoula is Missoula. Good GOD no. I was IN East Missoula yesterday. It was a shithole 50 years ago and it’s still a shithole today. NOBODY wants to claim that. I’m thinking of starting a petition to make them take “Missoula” out of their name.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That’s like saying East Missoula is Missoula. Good GOD no. I was IN East Missoula yesterday. It was a shithole 50 years ago and it’s still a shithole today. NOBODY wants to claim that. I’m thinking of starting a petition to make them take “Missoula” out of their name.

I think it is actually improving. About the only area new folks and middle income people can find something affordable. There is plenty of development planned for East Missoula.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Right? It has to be 35 yards from real Missoula. Might as well be in a Dakota. This is a real difference that more people should recognize.

"Legacy jersey

One absence from the first day of camp was the No. 37 jersey. Senior linebacker Marcus Welnel was still wearing his No. 10 jersey despite Jace Lewis passing on the number last month.

Asked about Welnel representing No. 37 this year, Hauck had this to say: “That’s not a question I’m equipped to handle right now. We’ve got some more consulting to do.”

He didn’t elaborate on that and wasn’t asked any follow-up questions. Lewis had made the announcement himself last month, and the Griz football Twitter and Instagram accounts shared posts with Welnel in the No. 37 jersey.

Welnel said in a post-practice interview: “Jace told me a long time ago, and that was awesome. It’s been a dream of mine to wear that number. So, we’re just going to talk through some things and see how that goes.”

Today's Missoulian.

Do you all think that they could be discussing the retiring of the #37 in honor of Jesse Sims? Something to think about...

all i know if Coach Hauck wants to interfere and make Jace give it to his son, that would be wrong IMO. Also you'd think Robby would be embarrassed to wear it after he wasn't rightfully passed down to.

hilinegrizfan said:
all i know if Coach Hauck wants to interfere and make Jace give it to his son, that would be wrong IMO. Also you'd think Robby would be embarrassed to wear it after he wasn't rightfully passed down to.

Where exactly are you getting this from?

bigemymt said:
Do you all think that they could be discussing the retiring of the #37 in honor of Jesse Sims? Something to think about...

I didn't know him, but he didn't strike me as the kind of guy who would have wanted that. More about the team/program than himself. :twocents:

hilinegrizfan said:

Agreed and also, if a head coach ever called in a previous player who wore the jersey and gave them a small list of players who the coach thought should get it, (with their own kid on top of the list and let's say two other players who even "eGriz" wouldn't rally behind wearing it) that would just be weird. :eek: Robby didn't play high school football in Montana, we all get it... he was born in Montana. Every other #37 played high school football in Montana.

:roll: *The above is just speculation of course

Props to Jace for getting out in front of it all and announcing who he wanted. Good on ya! :clap:

For the next GFP... which was handled worse by the coaching staff recently: The Zac Crews situation or the handling of the #37 jersey being passed down?

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1556837272858767360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556837272858767360%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://buttesports.com/sentinel-great-zac-crews-stuck-in-football-limbo/

RainierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Welnel
O’Connell
Hauck

All well deserved. And Hill should be in the mix next year.

Hill is a solid next choice. Other nominees could be Janacaro, Tirrell, Rostad, or even Bergen if we wanted to get it back on the offensive side of the ball.

Yeah! We should all get to nominate three people. All we do is list them on a piece of paper and then slide it over to the current #37 to consider before he makes his decision. We shall call this process the Bhauck Nomination Process or "BNP". What could possibly go wrong if someone is selected who isn't in the original 3 nominations. :shock:

Grizzly Oredigger said:
bigemymt said:

This makes a lot of sense.

This makes absolutely no sense! HIs legacy lives much longer and stronger as a member of an elite group of honorees steeped in tradition. Would make much more sense that the team creates an after season award in his name that can carry forward his unique legacy. The "37" lives because of all the men who have worn it ... to retire it would do all of them a disservice. Every year upon bestowing it on the new recipient I fondly look back at all those great players from teams past... I for one would hate to see that happen.

mthoopsfan said:
"Legacy jersey

One absence from the first day of camp was the No. 37 jersey. Senior linebacker Marcus Welnel was still wearing his No. 10 jersey despite Jace Lewis passing on the number last month.

Asked about Welnel representing No. 37 this year, Hauck had this to say: “That’s not a question I’m equipped to handle right now. We’ve got some more consulting to do.”

He didn’t elaborate on that and wasn’t asked any follow-up questions. Lewis had made the announcement himself last month, and the Griz football Twitter and Instagram accounts shared posts with Welnel in the No. 37 jersey.

Welnel said in a post-practice interview: “Jace told me a long time ago, and that was awesome. It’s been a dream of mine to wear that number. So, we’re just going to talk through some things and see how that goes.”

Today's Missoulian.

Some additional information on the history and story behind the #37 jersey for those catching up... the above quotes are odd considering this years #37 has already been announced by the actual #37.

https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/no-37-legacy-jersey-means-the-world-to-montana-linebacker-jace-lewis
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/helena-native-marcus-welnel-to-don-legacy-no-37-jersey-for-montana-grizzlies
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/37-for-37-inside-the-rise-dominance-and-meaning-of-montanas-no-37-jersey-now/article_51882d35-dde1-5afc-bc6f-b0492dd0dc34.html
http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/voices-of-37-reflections-on-a-four-decade-um-football-legacy/article_c09bcb78-c650-11ec-a034-570298d2c3bc.html

https://gogriz.com/sports/2017/7/12/37-tradition.aspx

Alaska Griz said:
hilinegrizfan said:

Where exactly are you getting this from?

i said "if" .. was just a thought, my first instinct was the bobby wants robby to have it

Back