• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alternative Facts

The only one I know that had Montana interest was Tucker Rovig. But he committed early so I assume the Griz moved on to the next one.

This page will likely turn into a stupid pissing match but as a fan I'm thrilled with the class Choate assembled in Bozeman. It has great depth and the team improved in all areas, especially on the offensive line, defensive line, and at corner. And MSU the school is a major selling point right now. Great day to be a Bobcat.

G-BEARS said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:
Does anybody know which out of state recruits went to the cats that we offered? Serious question, I didn't follow it closely enough.

The ones that failed to read the entire letter.....

You'd be surprised how many kids stop reading at the word MONTANA and than are shocked when they show up in Bozeman to see a bobcat on the field and a shit pond next to he stadium.....

This doesn't happen.

It happens. It happens Bigly.

VimSince03 said:
The only one I know that had Montana interest was Tucker Rovig. But he committed early so I assume the Griz moved on to the next one.

This page will likely turn into a stupid pissing match but as a fan I'm thrilled with the class Choate assembled in Bozeman. It has great depth and the team improved in all areas, especially on the offensive line, defensive line, and at corner. And MSU the school is a major selling point right now. Great day to be a Bobcat.

Get yo trick ass outta egriz.......with that optimism

AllWeatherFan said:
So are you fellows implying that the term "pre-season national champs" represents an "alternative fact?"

Holy shit. The cats live in that other world, that phrase is a what , double ox y-moronic, so don't know where that leaves it.... oh FTC

I have no problem with him saying that. It's what coaches do. I am sure the cat fans on bobcat nation are all up in arms right now about him saying that. You know, like they were about comments Stitt said the last 2 recruiting classes. Because fans are consistent that way. If Stitt said something like that it's bad, so if Choate said something like that it would be bad too? Right? Anyone? Beuller?

VimSince03 said:

Your class does look solid. Although what makes it different from years past? Been hearing exactly what you've just posted for the last 6 or 7 years, and these excellent recruiting classes never seem to materialize on the field, what 1 playoff win in the last decade? Just curious.

grizatwork said:
I have no problem with him saying that. It's what coaches do. I am sure the cat fans on bobcat nation are all up in arms right now about him saying that. You know, like they were about comments Stitt said the last 2 recruiting classes. Because fans are consistent that way. If Stitt said something like that it's bad, so if Choate said something like that it would be bad too? Right? Anyone? Beuller?

POY candidate...

grizatwork said:

Glad we don't start threads about it and get all up in arms over here...great post!

MT Head Guy said:
grizatwork said:

Glad we don't start threads about it and get all up in arms over here...great post!
:x :lol:

HelenaHandBasket said:
I see that the Kitties are calling this the "Class of Champions" to match their usual "preseason National Championship" banter.

In reference to the kid's and their high school team success.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/826907162098155525[/tweet]

G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:

Your class does look solid. Although what makes it different from years past? Been hearing exactly what you've just posted for the last 6 or 7 years, and these excellent recruiting classes never seem to materialize on the field, what 1 playoff win in the last decade? Just curious.

I have went into great detail about Ash's final four years at the helm and how poor his out-of-state recruiting results were as a whole (I've listed of how many scholarship out-of-state recruits either didn't produce on the field or fell victim to attrition). Of course there were some All-Time Bobcats in those classes but a large percentage either defected due to normal attrition or didn't produce on the field. So in short, I believe this staff put in the work with theses out-of-state kids (something like 67,000 miles travelled for the year) and actually got to KNOW these kids instead of just assuming they will be good because they are from Texas/California and have a star rating (yes that was a shot at Ash).

And the accolades and tape show great players. They pass the eye-test.

So the cats are admitting they didn't recruit actively 10 of the top 25 college football players in the state? That's sounds like shitty recruiting to me. I'm sure montana reached to most the kids bozoland got and once we knew they were leaning cats..then let them go. MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college. the cats are program that has looked up too and will continue to look up to UM for football

EverettGriz said:
Notice he says every kid they "went head to head" with Montana on. I'm guessing they didn't go after a number of kids, knowing they'd lose out to the GRIZ.

I mean, I could easily say I've gotten every super model I've gone head to head with Ryan Gosling over.

#ownthemeaninglessbullshitstatent

Further parsing of his statement...head to head implies that the Griz and Cats were the only two schools showing any interest. Probably fits only one or two kids.

VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:

I have went into great detail about Ash's final four years at the helm and how poor his out-of-state recruiting results were as a whole (I've listed of how many scholarship out-of-state recruits either didn't produce on the field or fell victim to attrition). Of course there were some All-Time Bobcats in those classes but a large percentage either defected due to normal attrition or didn't produce on the field. So in short, I believe this staff put in the work with theses out-of-state kids (something like 67,000 miles travelled for the year) and actually got to KNOW these kids instead of just assuming they will be good because they are from Texas/California and have a star rating (yes that was a shot at Ash).

And the accolades and tape show great players. They pass the eye-test.

Rovig looks solid, the 2 cornerbacks, and then the 2 Andersons from Montana were all good gets. Just not so sure you guys have a playoff caliber coaching staff.

mtgrizfankb said:
So the cats are admitting they didn't recruit actively 10 of the top 25 college football players in the state? That's sounds like shitty recruiting to me. I'm sure montana reached to most the kids bozoland got and once we knew they were leaning cats..then let them go. MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college. If the cats are program that has looked up too and will continue to look up to UM for football

You guys just don't quit do you. Arrogance knows no bounds with some you. :roll:

kyle_sample said:
info said:
They wanted the Mathews kid from Camas and RJ Nelson from Oregon, they both signed with us...

They offered Matthews, but not Nelson

Is Mathews the only one they offered, can you provide a list of players that we both offered?

G-BEARS said:
kyle_sample said:
info said:
They wanted the Mathews kid from Camas and RJ Nelson from Oregon, they both signed with us...

They offered Matthews, but not Nelson

Is Mathews the only one they offered, can you provide a list of players that we both offered?

I'm not going to compile a list because they often don't run into each other out of state, but my last comment on it is MSU definitely offered Matthews and Banks. That is 100% certain. So that right there eliminates any truth from Choate's statement

Back