• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alternative Facts

kyle_sample said:
G-BEARS said:
kyle_sample said:
info said:
They wanted the Mathews kid from Camas and RJ Nelson from Oregon, they both signed with us...

They offered Matthews, but not Nelson

Is Mathews the only one they offered, can you provide a list of players that we both offered?

I'm not going to compile a list because they often don't run into each other out of state, but my last comment on it is MSU definitely offered Matthews and Banks. That is 100% certain. So that right there eliminates any truth from Choate's statement

Good to know.

Calm down Vim. You've been here long enough to know that about 95% of what's posted here devolves into a pissing contest.

Choate made mention of the fact that he felt they could exploit "pad levels" when he & the coaching staffs put together the game plan and as it turned out, was one of the keys to winning.

Really? Coach-speak, and stick to the script, regardless. I admire him for selling his program, but let's not pretend it matters to anyone other than the state ag contingent.

mtgrizfankb said:
MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college.
Oh? Do enlighten us as to all the data, research, and interviews you've done to arrive at this conclusion. Total NONSENSE.

121.jpg

bgbigdog said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/pgabriel15/status/826869980616552450[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kyle_sample/status/826870569131982848[/tweet]

Ok, I'll say it. F$&k the cats.

Thanks for your journalistic integrity Kyle.

I find it odd that if Choate was going to flat out lie about this, why would he include the "except 1" part? That for me makes it impossible for him to pass off as "coach speak". Strange.

VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
So the cats are admitting they didn't recruit actively 10 of the top 25 college football players in the state? That's sounds like shitty recruiting to me. I'm sure montana reached to most the kids bozoland got and once we knew they were leaning cats..then let them go. MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college. If the cats are program that has looked up too and will continue to look up to UM for football

You guys just don't quit do you. Arrogance knows no bounds with some you. :roll:

It's not arrogance! The fact is UM has better staff, Facilites, campus support, donors, AD, equipment, notoriety, fan support, tradition and plans than MSU. So if MSU wants to stand on their little table of being competitive on the field for 10 years now and call themeselves bigger and badder. Then I'm going let our program stand up and show how far behind little brother really is

G-BEARS said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
G-BEARS said:
Does anybody know which out of state recruits went to the cats that we offered? Serious question, I didn't follow it closely enough.
The ones that failed to read the entire letter.....

You'd be surprised how many kids stop reading at the word MONTANA and than are shocked when they show up in Bozeman to see a bobcat on the field and a shit pond next to he stadium.....
This doesn't happen.
Doesn't make it any less funny...

mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
So the cats are admitting they didn't recruit actively 10 of the top 25 college football players in the state? That's sounds like shitty recruiting to me. I'm sure montana reached to most the kids bozoland got and once we knew they were leaning cats..then let them go. MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college. If the cats are program that has looked up too and will continue to look up to UM for football

You guys just don't quit do you. Arrogance knows no bounds with some you. :roll:

It's not arrogance! The fact is UM has better staff, Facilites, campus support, donors, AD, equipment, notoriety, fan support, tradition and plans than MSU. So if MSU wants to stand on their little table of being competitive on the field for 10 years now and call themeselves bigger and badder. Then I'm going let our program stand up and show how far behind little brother really is
Wow. That's a lot of facts. What factual information do you have that UM has a better staff? What factual information do you have about campus support, AD, equipment, plans? I'll even give you donors (because I don't know the numbers so I can't speak 'factually'), notoriety, fan support (given due to numbers), tradition. Again - what is fact? Or is that being confused with your maroon-glasses opinion?

mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

I like where your heart its, but man, these are awfully bold statements considering the state of the program right now. Awfully bold.

bgbigdog said:
Calm down Vim. You've been here long enough to know that about 95% of what's posted here devolves into a pissing contest.

Choate made mention of the fact that he felt they could exploit "pad levels" he & the coaching staffs put together the game plan and as it turned out, was one of the keys to winning.
Spot on Big Dog! I just have to wonder what else Coach Chad Choade has lied to us about? Do they really "own" the State of Montana? Are they all really "riding for the brand"? Did he really invent the hashtage: "#BOOM"? Was putting TG up in the booth a strategic coaching decision or just to keep him away from the sideline snack and refreshment table?

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Choate made mention of the fact that he felt they could exploit "pad levels" he & the coaching staffs put together the game plan and as it turned out, was one of the keys to winning.
Spot on Big Dog! I just have to wonder what else Coach Chad Choade has lied to us about? Do they really "own" the State of Montana? Are they all really "riding for the brand"? Did he really invent the hashtage: "#BOOM"? Was putting TG up in the booth a strategic coaching decision or just to keep him away from the sideline snack and refreshment table?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

I'll give you facilities. As far as the rest, all 100% debatable. And MSU's institution is at an all-time high right now and it is only going to keep improving year to year. Our Engineering and Ag program are major recruiting tools and we will open a brand new Engineering building within the year.

Anyways, coaches do this stuff every year, like some have already said on here, and it is just to fire up the fan base. UM fans assume they win every battle against MSU and it goes the same the other way.

For UM's class, here are my quick thoughts. I think they added a good crop of Montana athletes that can play several positions. Versatility is huge in seeing the field nowadays in college football and a lot of in-state kids have position versatility every year. I'm a big fan of Braydon Deming, Marcus Welnel, and Matthew Rensvold at their respective positions and I think Bryson is going to develop nicely as well. Mitch Roberts should be great to watch develop at WR and I also think Michael McGinnis is a nice sleeper at WR. They really re-stocked the shelves at LB. Really like that group. I think Isaiah Banks is one of the top recruits in the FCS. RJ Nelson should develop into a nice passr-rusher.

G-BEARS said:
bgbigdog said:

I find it odd that if Choate was going to flat out lie about this, why would he include the "except 1" part? That for me makes it impossible for him to pass off as "coach speak". Strange.

Referring to not getting Braydon Deming. The first three kids MSU offered in-state this year were Keaton Anderson, Jaxen Hashley, and Braydon.

mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Hey.. little brother. We don't have a thread on our forum about you guys the day of signing day when all the posts should be excitement for the new class. Have a nice day little bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
bgbigdog said:

Referring to not getting Braydon Deming. The first three kids MSU offered in-state this year were Keaton Anderson, Jaxen Hashley, and Braydon.

According to Sample at least 2 out of state Griz signees held scholarship offers from Choate. So that would be at least 3 total not the "except 1" in Parker Gabriels tweet quoting Choate.

Vim....do you honestky think MSU only offered one of the Griz signees?

I say BS....if Choate will lie about that then wonder what other lies he tells people outside media coverage

VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
bgbigdog said:

I'm sure you think Montana is Yuuuge, because it doesn't sound like you leave it very often. But it doesn't in fact stretch from coast to coast.

Ursus1 said:
Vim....do you honestky think MSU only offered one of the Griz signees?

Absolutely not true. It's signing day guys and Choate is obviously very excited about his class, as he should be. I'm pretty sure Stitt does the same thing every year as well (he does). None of us fans never truly know the offer either. Only the coach or the kid know that.

G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
bgbigdog said:

I'm sure you think Montana is Yuuuge, because it doesn't sound like you leave it very often. But it doesn't in fact stretch from coast to coast.

What?

Allezchat said:
mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Hey.. little brother. We don't have a thread on our forum about you guys the day of signing day when all the posts should be excitement for the new class. Have a nice day little bro.

Well, that could be because Coach Stitt didn't blatantly lie about his recruiting failures.

#ChoteFibs

EverettGriz said:
Allezchat said:
mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:

Well, that could be because Coach Stitt didn't blatantly lie about his recruiting failures.

#ChoteFibs

Stitt never lies. Such a straight shooter that guy.

High-fives all-round in Bozeman today. :thumb:

Back