• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alternative Facts

so they offered at least 4 guys, who went to the Griz, and then they supposedly "pulled" those offers. Which he felt enabled him to say "we beat UM heads up on every kid we were both after".

Wow someome has been eating retard sandwiches. A lot of them.

Choate's very fuzzy math for those who missed it on last page:

Choate’s assertion his team only lost one player offered by both his Bobcats and the rival Grizzlies — UM and MSU each offered Montana Gatorade Player of the Year Nathan Dick a partial scholarship — came with some grey area. Montana State offered Montana signee Braydon Deming of Billings West last signing day but pulled his offer when Andersen committed. Montana State also showed strong interest in Montana signees linebacker Michael Matthews of Camas, Washington and safety Isiahia Banks of Denver and reportedly offered by both schools before MSU rescinded the offers upon receiving commitments from other prospects.

Details aside, Choate felt confident in the group he assembled, especially the ones who will keep their 406 area codes.

“Time will tell but I know this: by any measure, by anybody who knows ball, we got four out of the top five kids in this state,” Choate said. “We only offered one guy (Dick) who we didn’t get. From this state, they are offering those same guys. I’m not going to compare this to that. The bottom line is we got the guys we wanted and we feel good about it.”

EverettGriz said:
Notice he says every kid they "went head to head" with Montana on. I'm guessing they didn't go after a number of kids, knowing they'd lose out to the GRIZ.

I mean, I could easily say I've gotten every super model I've gone head to head with Ryan Gosling over.

#ownthemeaninglessbullshitstatent

POTY candidate for pure logic.

#newcategory
#sniffingoutbullshit

who really cares what choate said..it appears they got a good recruiting class..the ball is in Stitt's court
to turn UM back to a powerhouse..so l really don't gave a rip what happens down there just want
the Griz to turn the corner this year!

A breakdown of all 20 kids who signed with the Montana schools today.

Griz and Cats offered full scholarship in spring of 2016

Troy Andersen
Keaton Anderson
Tadan Gilman
Jaxen Hashley
Braydon Deming - I wrote this story a few days after signing day last year - MSU extends three in-state offers for Class of 2017 - http://skylinesportsmt.com/msu-extends-three-in-state-offers-for-class-of-2017/

The Bobcats extended scholarship offers through each player’s high school coach to Kalispell Glacier defensive end/outside linebacker Jaxen Hashley, Billings West outside linebacker Braydon Deming and Billings Senior safety Keaton Anderson.

Montana State also identified Baker safety/quarterback Luke Gonsioroski and Dillon quarterback/safety Troy Andersen as top prospects and contacted them to begin the recruiting process. After further evaluation, each should expect some sort of offer from MSU.

According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Montana State also made direct contact with Columbia Falls offensive tackle Zach Baker, Polson linebacker Matt Rensvold, Fairfield tight end/defensive end Chandler Allen, Billings Senior standout quarterback Nathan Dick and Missoula Sentinel quarterback/safety Mitch Roberts.

Both sides offered partial scholarship
Nathan Dick, partial both sides, only Montana said he could play QB
Lance McCutcheon (partial from MSU, took official visit to UM but went through my notes and cannot confirm he received an offer from Montana).

Offered by just Montana
WR Mitch Roberts (above)
ATH McKenzie Holt - Rob Ash, Mike Rider recruited Holt as a junior but his recruitment disappeared under Choate
WR Matthew Rensvold (Cats showed interest last spring but wanted Rensvold to play defense)
QB Tanner Wilson (did not hear from the Cats)
WR Michael McGinnis - (did not hear from the Cats)
WR Bryson Deming (interest from MSU last spring but no offer)
DE Tanner Hoerner (did not hear from the Cats)
LB Marcus Welnel (interest from MSU in spring and summer.

Offered only by Montana State
LB Ryan Davis (Partial) (never considered UM - family)
QB Callahan O’Reilly (Partial) (Received some interest from Montana through summer but ceased after Wilson committed)
WR Peyton Hanser PWO (Griz expressed interest)
DE Ty Morgan Ennis PWO (doubt he heard from the Griz - Class C in Bozeman's back yard)

Unknown
FB R.J. Fitzgerald of Dillon PWO - might’ve gotten PWO offer from Griz since his dad, Greg played at Montana but he was the one recruit I did not find out about until today so I have not talked to him yet.

EverettGriz said:
Notice he says every kid they "went head to head" with Montana on. I'm guessing they didn't go after a number of kids, knowing they'd lose out to the GRIZ.

I mean, I could easily say I've gotten every super model I've gone head to head with Ryan Gosling over.

#ownthemeaninglessbullshitstatent

Because of this comment, I hope you have gone up against Ryan at least once. You deserve it

Pin2Win said:
mtgrizfankb said:
VimSince03 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
So the cats are admitting they didn't recruit actively 10 of the top 25 college football players in the state? That's sounds like shitty recruiting to me. I'm sure montana reached to most the kids bozoland got and once we knew they were leaning cats..then let them go. MSU has far less recruiting power than Montana does And that's a fact not an opinion. Ask 100 high school football players with no ties to either and I would guess 75% would rather play at UM than bozeman state college. If the cats are program that has looked up too and will continue to look up to UM for football

You guys just don't quit do you. Arrogance knows no bounds with some you. :roll:

It's not arrogance! The fact is UM has better staff, Facilites, campus support, donors, AD, equipment, notoriety, fan support, tradition and plans than MSU. So if MSU wants to stand on their little table of being competitive on the field for 10 years now and call themeselves bigger and badder. Then I'm going let our program stand up and show how far behind little brother really is
Wow. That's a lot of facts. What factual information do you have that UM has a better staff? What factual information do you have about campus support, AD, equipment, plans? I'll even give you donors (because I don't know the numbers so I can't speak 'factually'), notoriety, fan support (given due to numbers), tradition. Again - what is fact? Or is that being confused with your maroon-glasses opinion?

A few of those facts are currently under construction.

Ursus1 said:
Vim....do you honestky think MSU only offered one of the Griz signees?

I say BS....if Choate will lie about that then wonder what other lies he tells people outside media coverage

He actually won the popular vote for the entire state. Fact...hes talked to people?

They won Bigly

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
grizatwork said:
That is a true statement on this site Vim. Unfortunately it is a true statement on bobcat nation and every other message board. There are arrogant trolls on every site.

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for all your information and hard work that you contribute to high school recruiting. Must be a labor of love. We all benefit from it.

Of course there are trolls. There are also individuals who lack perspective on the norms of a standard recruiting season in college football. Being surprised that a coach says he didn't lose a recruiting battle to another coaching staff is one of those standard things that happens every year.

But Choate didn't say this, he said he lost "1", then Sample says he lost at least 3. That's what changes this from the standard "coach talk" to being a straight up lie.

Choate, Bobcats announce Class of 2017 signing class
http://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-nsd-2017/

From this story:

Choate’s assertion his team only lost one player offered by both his Bobcats and the rival Grizzlies — UM and MSU each offered Montana Gatorade Player of the Year Nathan Dick a partial scholarship — came with some grey area. Montana State offered Montana signee Braydon Deming of Billings West last signing day but pulled his offer when another recruit committed. Montana State also showed strong interest in Montana signees linebacker Michael Matthews of Camas, Washington and safety Isiahia Banks of Denver, reportedly offering both. But MSU rescinded the offers upon receiving commitments from other prospects. Montana State recruited UM signee McKenzie Holt under its former coaching staff but not at all under Choate.

Details aside, Choate felt confident in the group he assembled, especially the ones who will keep their 406 area codes.

“Time will tell but I know this: by any measure, by anybody who knows ball, we got four out of the top five kids in this state,” Choate said. “We only offered one guy (Dick) who we didn’t get. From this state, they are offering those same guys. I’m not going to compare this to that. The bottom line is we got the guys we wanted and we feel good about it.”

Lol now this shit is hilarious...he really is coming off as quite the liar at this point.....

"Ya no we at MSU recind offers from 3 star recruits all the time.....were just so loaded ya know, so we pulled it when the kid out of Nashua decided to sign......"

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:
Vim....do you honestky think MSU only offered one of the Griz signees?

I say BS....if Choate will lie about that then wonder what other lies he tells people outside media coverage

He actually won the popular vote for the entire state. Fact...hes talked to people?

They won Bigly

badlandsgrizfan......you have been killing it....I have been lol on all your posts.....nice to have a guy who can spread a little levity on the situation...... :lol:

he did what any good coach does. he got our fanbase very excited about our recruits and gave a dig to our rival. you know, like every word that ever came out of bobby's mouth. lol

ilovethecats said:
he did what any good coach does. he got our fanbase very excited about our recruits and gave a dig to our rival. you know, like every word that ever came out of bobby's mouth. lol

Shut your whore mouth...Dont ever compare Choate to Hauck.....

VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
G-BEARS said:
Can you please provide a quote where Stitt blatantly lies about the recruits he got, please. That's quite the statement you just made.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I would put money Stitt said he didn't lose one recruiting battle to MSU on a Montana kid this year (he lost four to five). In the previous two years, Stitt stated he "cleaned up" on in-state recruiting which I couldn't disagree with enough knowing who he offered. I'm actually surprised Choate even said he lost a recruiting battle because coaches rarely admit any of that on signing day. Don't be so naive here. Listen to the last two years of Stitt signing day press conference and tell me with a straight face that Stitt doesn't embellish/lie about his recruiting season.

In closing here because I think I've had enough for one day, both coaching staffs worked extremely hard to get the kids they got. I'll say it one more time, I couldn't be more excited about the prospects MSU picked up in this signing class. This class matches up with any class in the Big Sky. We will see you has the best class in 3-4 years.

Of course Stitt talks up his class as does every other coach in the country, I am not naive there. There is a huge difference between talking up ones class and straight up lying which is what Parker's and Sample's tweets imply. I don't think you can understand this though. If Choate didn't actually say what Parker tweeted that changes everything.

I understand it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I take Coach signing day press conferences with a grain of salt. They are for the fans. I will just leave the conversation at that. Congrats on the new Griz class. I gotta finish the 2018 Montana Recruits list. Check it out on Bobcatnation tomorrow when I post it.
I hope you'll post it here, too!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
grizatwork said:
VimSince03 said:
You guys just don't quit do you. Arrogance knows no bounds with some you. :roll:

That is a true statement on this site Vim. Unfortunately it is a true statement on bobcat nation and every other message board. There are arrogant trolls on every site.

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for all your information and hard work that you contribute to high school recruiting. Must be a labor of love. We all benefit from it.

Of course there are trolls. There are also individuals who lack perspective on the norms of a standard recruiting season in college football. Being surprised that a coach says he didn't lose a recruiting battle to another coaching staff is one of those standard things that happens every year.

But Choate didn't say this, he said he lost "1", then Sample says he lost at least 3. That's what changes this from the standard "coach talk" to being a straight up lie.

I know many of you over here aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer, but you do understand what going "head to head" means I hope? Choate is simply saying that we only lost one of the MT players to um that we went head to head for.... meaning offered an equal or better offer monetarily. Figure it out. As for comparing comments made but Stitt and Choate, last year Stitt said something along the lines of.... "We landed 4 of the best 5 players in the state" which really was a flat out lie regardless of what standards anyone uses to judge players.

poorgriz said:
G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
grizatwork said:

I know many of you over here aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer, but you do understand what going "head to head" means I hope? Choate is simply saying that we only lost one of the MT players to um that we went head to head for.... meaning offered an equal or better offer monetarily. Figure it out. As for comparing comments made but Stitt and Choate, last year Stitt said something along the lines of.... "We landed 4 of the best 5 players in the state" which really was a flat out lie regardless of what standards anyone uses to judge players.

Got it Kellyanne, thanks for playing.

poorgriz said:
G-BEARS said:
VimSince03 said:
grizatwork said:

Quit talking in circles like the Clintons and admit he flat out lied! Griz got Demming for less money than what the Cats offered so must not be considered head to head loss for Choate

The facts, already put out there by Colter, the Cats and Griz both offered 4 kids the same schollie and those 4 kids are now Griz. So explain that one to me poorcats. The 4 are banks, Matthews, Deming, and Dick. Cats tried to re-neg the outright lie by claiming "we pulled those offers later".....yes right because it's normal to pull offers from 3-star kids. You're as big as a tard as your used car salesman coach.

HookedonGriz said:
The facts, already put out there by Colter, the Cats and Griz both offered 4 kids the same schollie and those 4 kids are now Griz. So explain that one to me poorcats. The 4 are banks, Matthews, Deming, and Dick. Cats tried to re-neg the outright lie by claiming "we pulled those offers later".....yes right because it's normal to pull offers from 3-star kids. You're as big as a tard as your used car salesman coach.
The griz offered the top 5 in the state also. 4 are cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
HookedonGriz said:
The griz offered the top 5 in the state also. 4 are cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You guys are dumb Choate says in Montana and coast to coast he only lost one recruit to Montana not true!!!

Back