• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beat ewoo GDT

GrizLA said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Up to 48 fouls with over a minute to go ... what's the over/under on 50 (or more)? :lol: :?
It's been a long time since I've seen 3 players on the same team foul out.

How about three on EACH team? :lol: :lol:

Great road win. It’s difficult to go five on eight on the road and get a Dub.

Seriously though. This conference would be fucking ashamed if they actually gave two shits.

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Up to 48 fouls with over a minute to go ... what's the over/under on 50 (or more)? :lol: :?
Given that EWU is going to foul 3-4 more times, I’d say the over is a given. Hell it might get to 55.
Bingo!

Nice win, 90-78. And (per ESPN) 53 of those points came from the foul line. Unf***ing believable!

The refs also managed to foul out enough players for a whole team ... 3 from the Griz, 2 from the Eags. Ridiculous.

That might’ve been the longest final minute of a basketball game I’ve ever seen. We should’ve pressed them at half court as opposed to just letting them roll the ball across the court every time down. Regardless, good win on the road. Eastern has been a house of horror for us over the years. Now on to the cats. I’m expecting a white knuckle fight on Sunday.

Just jumping in with my thoughts on this game. Very nice composure and ball movement by the Griz, nice free throws down the interminable stretch.

The BSC is a joke with these ticky tack fouls. In any other league this game would have had 20-30 total fouls. Not 56. FIFTY. SIX.

#BSC.

If this is a preview of the MSU game, the question becomes will UM have anyone left to play by the mid 2nd half and will MSU foul out 3, with double fouls and flopping being called?

Following the post game show, I flipped over to the USC Cal game. Simply watching 6 mins of it would leave you believing they’re not even playing the same game due to the officiating.

Total fouls with less than two mins in the half: Nine.

I was a young man at tip off. With all the fouls and stoppage of play I was able to shop local funeral home prices by the end of regulation.

My god those refs were terrible.

AZGrizFan said:
I just have to close my eyes when Bannon shoots a 3

FYI he was at 45% from 3 this year going in to this contest.......now last year he was 24% including 0 for Nov, Dec and Jan it seemed and cringing was the appropriate reaction. :lol: :thumb:

Hoops watcher said:
AZGrizFan said:
I just have to close my eyes when Bannon shoots a 3

FYI he was at 45% from 3 this year going in to this contest.......now last year he was 24% including 0 for Nov, Dec and Jan it seemed and cringing was the appropriate reaction. :lol: :thumb:

I’m not saying it’s not going in, I’m just saying it’s like watching the old Phoenix Sun, Shawn Marion….

Buttegrizzle said:
Just jumping in with my thoughts on this game. Very nice composure and ball movement by the Griz, nice free throws down the interminable stretch.

The BSC is a joke with these ticky tack fouls. In any other league this game would have had 20-30 total fouls. Not 56. FIFTY. SIX.

#BSC.

Took damn near as long for this second half as the whole damn Weber game. Sadly this isn't much of an exaggeration.

Soon the “bsc officiating is no worse than other conference” posters will chime in (even though they likely didn’t watch that refereeing shit show).

At some point we need to stop making excuses and enabling this conference and start demanding action and improvement

AZGrizFan said:
Hoops watcher said:

I’m not saying it’s not going in, I’m just saying it’s like watching the old Phoenix Sun, Shawn Marion….

Walt Frazier used to shoot set shots out of a crouch and it worked out. Not really in vogue the last few decades, though. :shock:

Back