• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby - on paper

goatcreekgriz said:
grizzpa said:
Maybe UM should see what's out there. This was the most disappointing and embarrassing season this forever fan can remember.

In 2012, under Delaney, UM was 5-6. I think that was worse.
We were also 6-5 in both 2016 and 2018.

I get that people are upset, but there are a lot of people going overboard here saying some ridiculous things.

mthoopsfan said:
goatcreekgriz said:
In 2012, under Delaney, UM was 5-6. I think that was worse.

Grizzpa should be embarrassed by his post, and lack of memory of a fairly recent losing season. Why can't people with narratives at least stick with the facts? That's embarrassing.

Yes, comparing Delaney’s first season, taking over late, after a huge scandal in which the coach and entire staff were fired, with no time to recruit, establish a staff or insert systems to Bobby’s FIFTH year makes perfect sense.

Perfect.

This season was 10x more disappointing. Especially after last season.

But I feel Stitt’s 2nd year at 6-5 was more disappointing than this one.

I was far more embarrassed and disappointed this year than when Coach Delaney took over the program. Totally different circumstances and not a valid comparison.

My basic theme is compare Hauck with Vigen.
Why don't you do that instead of deflecting?

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Not ONE win over a team with a winning record in the regular season. Not one. Even in an unbalanced league that is just shit.

That’s a fair assessment. Hoping for some internal changes starting with OC and OL. It’s pretty obvious we’ve had some terrible offensive struggles for years.

I’m not holding my breath. If there were going to be internal changes you would think rosey and germer would have been shown the door right now to get a new OC in place and a new Oline coach in place for recruiting. Seasons are finishing up across the country and NOW is the time to clean house and get out there and head hunt a coach.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Grizzpa should be embarrassed by his post, and lack of memory of a fairly recent losing season. Why can't people with narratives at least stick with the facts? That's embarrassing.

Yes, comparing Delaney’s first season, taking over late, after a huge scandal in which the coach and entire staff were fired, with no time to recruit, establish a staff or insert systems to Bobby’s FIFTH year makes perfect sense.

Perfect.

This season was 10x more disappointing. Especially after last season.

But I feel Stitt’s 2nd year at 6-5 was more disappointing than this one.

This season was not 10X more disappointing to me. I wish the team had done better and gone further, and thought they were going to, but I'm actually not "disappointed". It was their team, not mine. I am more disappointed, I mean irked, at all of the bad fans that the Griz have now. Entitled. Booing at the playoff game. Anyone who ever boos near me, is going to hear from me. I took on a group at Idaho St. about 20 years ago. Some guys at QB Club spoke about booing and low playoff attendance. I would love to see someone boo near one of those guys. They would verbally rip the heads off off of the booers.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
That’s a fair assessment. Hoping for some internal changes starting with OC and OL. It’s pretty obvious we’ve had some terrible offensive struggles for years.

I’m not holding my breath. If there were going to be internal changes you would think rosey and germer would have been shown the door right now to get a new OC in place and a new Oline coach in place for recruiting. Seasons are finishing up across the country and NOW is the time to clean house and get out there and head hunt a coach.

Germer is a terrific coach. I don't know much about Rosenbach. I assume he's good too. No cleaning house should or will be done at UM. Stop saying stupid things. Learn the game.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Germer is a terrific coach. I don't know much about Rosenbach. I assume he's good too. No cleaning house should or will be done at UM. Stop saying stupid things. Learn the game.

Some house cleaning certainly does need done, for all of the reasons outlined by AZ. I know the game well enough to know mediocrity when I see it. I’m not calling for a head coaching change, so chill. Germer has consistently produced mediocre lines. Rosey has consistently produced inconsistent offenses. Time for a change.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

5 years to build DOLA and RTD. We’re not much further along than we were in year 1. Their big “development” kid (Brown) got replaced by Grimsrud and never earned his job back. So the O-line was 3 transfers and a converted D-lineman out of the 5. In year 5. One singular o-line recruit that’s “worked out”. Still struggle with pass blocking. Struggle with consistent run blocking. If he’s that “terrific”, why is it consistently the weak link on this team? How do you propose Bobby address the O-line weaknesses outside of repeating “I really like this team” or “I think this is the best team I’ve ever coached”….”best teams” don’t go 7-4 when faced with a little adversity.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

5 years to build DOLA and RTD. We’re not much further along than we were in year 1. Their big “development” kid (Brown) got replaced by Grimsrud and never earned his job back. So the O-line was 3 transfers and a converted D-lineman out of the 5. In year 5. One singular o-line recruit that’s “worked out”. Still struggle with pass blocking. Struggle with consistent run blocking. If he’s that “terrific”, why is it consistently the weak link on this team? How do you propose Bobby address the O-line weaknesses outside of repeating “I really like this team” or “I think this is the best team I’ve ever coached”….”best teams” don’t go 7-4 when faced with a little adversity.

We are already pretty close to RTD and DOLA. Open your eyes. The o-line was pretty good this year, with an exception or two. Two all-conference juniors. Lots of younger guys playing as starters and back-ups. You obviously know nothing about o-line and o-line play. You know zero about Germer. Stop being so negative and stupid. Again, the o-line wasn't weak. Weak o-lineman aren't first and third team all-conference as juniors. Where did Bobby ever say this was the best team he ever coached? He didn't. He said it was his "favorite" team he'd ever coached. Again, don't be so stupid. Get your facts straight. Get your game on, because I'm not going to put up with your BS anymore.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Some house cleaning certainly does need done, for all of the reasons outlined by AZ. I know the game well enough to know mediocrity when I see it. I’m not calling for a head coaching change, so chill. Germer has consistently produced mediocre lines. Rosey has consistently produced inconsistent offenses. Time for a change.

Little or no house cleaning needs to be done. You and AZ are just plain football ignorant. This Griz program under Hauck has never been mediocre and certainly wasn't this season. It's time for posters like you and AZ, to either learn the game or find another team. Your are nuisances.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Little or no house cleaning needs to be done. You and AZ are just plain football ignorant. This Griz program under Hauck has never been mediocre and certainly wasn't this season. It's time for posters like you and AZ, to either learn the game or find another team. Your are nuisances.

:lol: Hard no there bud.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Little or no house cleaning needs to be done.

Well I disagree. We are winning precisely zero recruiting battles, and some of our best former players and their parents are currently airing some very valid grievances toward the current staff that would suggest some housecleaning does need done

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Quit serving us cottage cheese while telling us it’s Wagyu and that we’re lucky to have it.

You’ve got your face buried so deep in Bobby’s ass that your chin has the brown stain of mediocrity all over it.

The fact is you have never said a single critical thing about this staff at any point, so you lack any credibility whatsoever.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Little or no house cleaning needs to be done.

Well I disagree. We are winning precisely zero recruiting battles, and some of our best former players and their parents are currently airing some very valid grievances toward the current staff that would suggest some housecleaning does need done

Who are former best players and parents airing grievances? Or, are you just making this up?

mthoopsfan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Poor reasoning, IMHO. No coach should be immune from circumstances every coach faces. MSU had a passel of player turnover from last year and injuries this year and still thrived. With guys whispering your style of praise in his ear why would Bobby honestly and deeply evaluate his staff. And from the stands, this team looked liked Stitt's team that quit on him. Not good.

Actually, perfect and accurate reasoning. MSU didn't ever lose their 2 good top 2 qb's. If they had, their record would have been worse. Bobby wants to win. He will always be evaluating the program and his coaches. You are the one with poor or no reasoning. The Griz team this year didn't quit on anyone, including themselves or the coaches. You obviously have no clue about the game of football that is what you observed. I am tired of people making totally stupid comments on egriz, and, if I feel like it, I'm going to call you out.

Classic response from a contract lawyer comfortable arguing either side of a contract clause dispute. Whollely Incapable of reading non verbal signs. Never played the game of cross examinig a malingering plaintiff or sexual assault defendant. No clue at reading people at their core. Attacks someone with no clue whether they played the game or games. You could make your points without personal attacks but seemingly lack that ability. You are funny in your world.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

We are already pretty close to RTD and DOLA. Open your eyes. The o-line was pretty good this year, with an exception or two. Two all-conference juniors. Lots of younger guys playing as starters and back-ups. You obviously know nothing about o-line and o-line play. You know zero about Germer. Stop being so negative and stupid. Again, the o-line wasn't weak. Weak o-lineman aren't first and third team all-conference as juniors. Where did Bobby ever say this was the best team he ever coached? He didn't. He said it was his "favorite" team he'd ever coached. Again, don't be so stupid. Get your facts straight. Get your game on, because I'm not going to put up with your BS anymore.

Lol. Yeah, that’s why Johnson and Britt were running for their literal lives Saturday. Because we’re “pretty close” to DOLA. Having a 1st team and a 3rd team is great…what about the other three? We will NEVER win a game when the opposing team can send 4 guys all day long and get the kind of pressure the Bison were getting. THAT was not DOLA, or anything even remotely resembling it. Maybe it was DLGA? Dominant Left Guard Attitude? That’s about it…Sorry, but you’re wrong and blinded by your allegiances to Bobby and his band of merry men. And all I need to know about Germer is the product I see on the field every weekend.

grizzpa said:
I was far more embarrassed and disappointed this year than when Coach Delaney took over the program. Totally different circumstances and not a valid comparison.

My basic theme is compare Hauck with Vigen.
Why don't you do that instead of deflecting?

Really? Surely you jest.

A 5-6 record and not making the playoffs is less disappointing than an 8-5 record with one exciting home playoff win?

I don’t think it matters why a season is disappointing as much as the fact it was more disappointing.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Lol. Yeah, that’s why Johnson and Britt were running for their literal lives Saturday. Because we’re “pretty close” to DOLA. Having a 1st team and a 3rd team is great…what about the other three? We will NEVER win a game when the opposing team can send 4 guys all day long and get the kind of pressure the Bison were getting. THAT was not DOLA, or anything even remotely resembling it. Maybe it was DLGA? Dominant Left Guard Attitude? That’s about it…Sorry, but you’re wrong and blinded by your allegiances to Bobby and his band of merry men. And all I need to know about Germer is the product I see on the field every weekend.

All I need to know is you didn’t get past frosh high school football. A blowhard who doesn’t understand the game. You thought Stitt was a good coach.

Back