• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby - on paper

mthoopsfan said:
Boscoe said:
And a big sky conference championship. When’s the last time the Griz won the big sky? How many has Bobby won since he’s been back? How many has Troy Taylor won since taking over at Sac State the SAME YEAR Bobby came back? Sac f’n state! That’s the type of coach the Griz need.

How many playoff games has Taylor won? One?

Both teams have made it as far as the quarterfinals in since Bobby came back. Personally, I’d rather have the three conference championships than a couple more playoff wins while ultimately making it as far as the quarterfinals. As opposed to the zero conference championships Bobby has since coming back. Once again, Taylor accomplished that at sac state, not exactly a perennial power.

Boscoe said:
mthoopsfan said:

Both teams have made it as far as the quarterfinals in since Bobby came back. Personally, I’d rather have the three conference championships than a couple more playoff wins while ultimately making it as far as the quarterfinals. As opposed to the zero conference championships Bobby has since coming back. Once again, Taylor accomplished that at sac state, not exactly a perennial power.

Why has Bobby Hauck been the only coach to have great success in the last 20 years? Since it’s so easy to win here?

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:
When was the last time we won the big sky? How long was Sac State’s coach there before he won the big sky? How long has Vigen been at MSU before winning the big sky? You’re living in the past maaaan!

When Bobby Hauck was our Head Coach

Correction: 2011 when Pflu won with Hauck’s players + Jordan Johnson.

Troy Taylor led Sac State to one in his first season and has won two more. Why can’t Bobby win one by year four?

Boscoe said:
WaGriz4life said:
When Bobby Hauck was our Head Coach

Correction: 2011 when Pflu won with Hauck’s players + Jordan Johnson.

Troy Taylor led Sac State to one in his first season and has won two more. Why can’t Bobby win one by year four?
He won 7 in a row you buffoon. No coach we have hired since has been close.

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:

In the 2000s. Nothing since he’s been back stop basking in the success we had decades ago.

Boscoe said:
WaGriz4life said:

In the 2000s. Nothing since he’s been back stop basking in the success we had decades ago.
Why has no one else had success?? Since he is such a shitty coach? Since it is so easy to be elite like we were back then? Three others haven’t come close.

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:
Why has no one else had success?? Since he is such a shitty coach? Since it is so easy to be elite like we were back then? Three others haven’t come close.

Because the university has made poor hiring (and firing with respect to Phlu) choices. If Troy Taylor can go to Sac State and immediately win in his first season and win three straight, then surely a talented coach can come here and win one in four years.

Boscoe said:
WaGriz4life said:

Because the university has made poor hiring (and firing with respect to Phlu) choices. If Troy Taylor can go to Sac State and immediately win in his first season and win three straight, then surely a talented coach can come here and win one in four years.
Who is that guy? Tell me right now who can win the Big Sky right away? It’s so easy to find a guy like Troy Taylor, right?

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:

WaGriz I agree he is the best Coach for Montana. Will be the coach with the most wins in Big Sky history.

He has shown in the past he will demote coaches, he did it twice with Phenecie at UNLV.

He wants to win and will. The conference is stronger than is first tenure, but give him a chance show you that he is the ne to bring another Chipper back to Montana.

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:
Who is that guy? Tell me right now who can win the Big Sky right away? It’s so easy to find a guy like Troy Taylor, right?

I don’t know, man. I do know Taylor won in year one, Vegan won in year two, and Eck out coached and beat Bobby in his first year at Idaho. So, it seems there is some quality coaches out there. The point is to not accept mediocrity.

Boscoe said:
WaGriz4life said:

I don’t know, man. I do know Taylor won in year one, Vegan won in year two, and Eck out coached and beat Bobby in his first year at Idaho. So, it seems there is some quality coaches out there. The point is to not accept mediocrity.

But only Vigen and Bobby can win playoff games. Unless SS can come back now.

Boscoe said:
WaGriz4life said:

Nobody is accepting mediocrity. Everyone in the program knows this was a bad year. Firing proven coaches and hiring unknowns (especially now when all the candidates have taken other jobs) is a fools errand. What is available is not what you think it is. We will get better and we can be loaded very quickly in todays college football with the transfer portal.

WaGriz4life said:
Boscoe said:
Nobody is accepting mediocrity. Everyone in the program knows this was a bad year. Firing proven coaches and hiring unknowns (especially now when all the candidates have taken other jobs) is a fools errand. What is available is not what you think it is. We will get better and we can be loaded very quickly in todays college football with the transfer portal.

Yup. Seems so clear to people like you and me, doesn't it?

GriznBigfork said:
WaGriz4life said:

WaGriz I agree he is the best Coach for Montana. Will be the coach with the most wins in Big Sky history.

He has shown in the past he will demote coaches, he did it twice with Phenecie at UNLV.

He wants to win and will. The conference is stronger than is first tenure, but give him a chance show you that he is the ne to bring another Chipper back to Montana.

And just how long are we supposed to wait, been 5 years so far with nor great signs of getting there.

If bobby kicks the can down the road long enough all the people who remember what winning was will be dead.

fanofzoo said:
GriznBigfork said:

And just how long are we supposed to wait, been 5 years so far with nor great signs of getting there.

If bobby kicks the can down the road long enough all the people who remember what winning was will be dead.

It’s been 4 seasons. Without the qb injuries-health, it would have been this year. It takes a very good and healthy qb, or 2.

mthoopsfan said:
fanofzoo said:

It’s been 4 seasons. Without the qb injuries-health, it would have been this year. It takes a very good and healthy qb, or 2.

Its too bad our coaches are so poor at developing players, especially qbs.

Back