• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby - on paper

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:
Lets start with Brown

Okay. How would you have developed him? How would you have helped him recognize blitzes?

Why did they play him then in two of the most important games of the year? Once again, like you said about Vigen last year against the Griz. The coaches picked the QB.

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:
Okay. How would you have developed him? How would you have helped him recognize blitzes?

Why did they play him then in two of the most important games of the year? Once again, like you said about Vigen last year against the Griz. The coaches picked the QB.

Because he had gotten the second team reps, looked good in practice, and played pretty good at times last year. And Britt was a frosh, with few practices reps, and had not mastered some aspects of the offense. While Britt has talent and potential, he wasn’t ready this season. He threw a bunch of picks per throw. 3.5 as many as Johnson. Britt didn’t good in second half against Bison, until last drive. UM wasn’t going to beat Bison without Johnson playing and playing well.

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:

Because he had gotten the second team reps, looked good in practice, and played pretty good at times last year. And Britt was a frosh, with few practices reps, and had not mastered some aspects of the offense. While Britt has talent and potential, he wasn’t ready this season. He threw a bunch of picks per throw. 3.5 as many as Johnson. Britt didn’t good in second half against Bison, until last drive. UM wasn’t going to beat Bison without Johnson playing and playing well.

So the coaches are poor at evaluating talent is what you're saying? I would agree with that too.

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:

So the coaches are poor at evaluating talent is what you're saying? I would agree with that too.

I said no such thing. And what you said is not true. You are wrong also as much as RoseyMustGo.

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:

I said no such thing. And what you said is not true. You are wrong also as much as RoseyMustGo.

Sure you did. You said who can teach Brown to read stunts and then said he was a great practice player. The coaches are the ones that teach and evaluate. They failed miserably on all accounts. If the Griz had the same qbs as the Cats they both would be playing other positions because the Bully Bunch can't evaluate or develop talent.

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:

Sure you did. You said who can teach Brown to read stunts and then said he was a great practice player. The coaches are the ones that teach and evaluate. They failed miserably on all accounts. If the Griz had the same qbs as the Cats they both would be playing other positions because the Bully Bunch can't evaluate or develop talent.

Nope. I didn’t say that. The proof of the pudding with a qb is how they play in a game, and in a love scrimmage with full tackling. Qb’s are protected and don’t get hit in practices or scrimmages. Some qb’s look good in practices and scrimmages, but aren’t the same in games. If you had played the game or coached, you might know that.

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:

Nope. I didn’t say that. The proof of the pudding with a qb is how they play in a game, and in a love scrimmage with full tackling. Qb’s are protected and don’t get hit in practices or scrimmages. Some qb’s look good in practices and scrimmages, but aren’t the same in games. If you had played the game or coached, you might know that.

Yep, and they're horrible at evaluating talent. Last year they put qb in against James Madison that wouldn't have played QB in the Frontier.

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yep, and they're horrible at evaluating talent. Last year they put qb in against James Madison that wouldn't have played QB in the Frontier.

Not true.

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:
Not true.

Its not true they put the third string QB in the game against James Madison?

He would have been very good qb at lower level.

“ Saddleback (2018): Passed for 2,575 yards and 20 touchdowns freshman year at Saddleback … Two-time Southern California Football Association Player of the Week ... Led team to JUCO conference championship … Named first-team all-conference… Patriot bowl MVP… Voted by teammates as Saddleback Player of the Year”

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:
Its not true they put the third string QB in the game against James Madison?

“ Saddleback (2018): Passed for 2,575 yards and 20 touchdowns freshman year at Saddleback … Two-time Southern California Football Association Player of the Week ... Led team to JUCO conference championship … Named first-team all-conference… Patriot bowl MVP… Voted by teammates as Saddleback Player of the Year”

He’s referring to Kris Brown who ended this year as the 3rd string QB.

Fwiw, expecting Brown to be a capable backup after what he showed on game tape last year was an easily avoidable mistake. There wasn’t a single QB outside of Johnson capable of playing well in the BSC this year. In year 5, that’s unacceptable.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Fwiw, expecting Brown to be a capable backup after what he showed on game tape last year was an easily avoidable mistake. There wasn’t a single QB outside of Johnson capable of playing well in the BSC this year. In year 5, that’s unacceptable.

I don't think you're right. He said 3d teamer: "Its not true they put the third string QB in the game against James Madison?" Brown was the 2d teamer and so listed in the Game Notes.

Anyway, both of them played qb in FCS.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Well, both of them played qb in FCS. Brown was listed as the no. 2 qb. Why wouldn't you put him in after your no. 1 went down?

I mean, they had to put him in. No other options. The problem is that they didn’t have any better options than that. That’s bad roster building.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
Well, both of them played qb in FCS. Brown was listed as the no. 2 qb. Why wouldn't you put him in after your no. 1 went down?

I mean, they had to put him in. No other options. The problem is that they didn’t have any better options than that. That’s bad roster building.

That wasn't the discussion being discussed above. A poster said the Griz put in a 3d teamer who couldn't play even at a lower level. I disputed that. You piped up, and then got everything wrong.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

That wasn't the discussion being discussed above. A poster said the Griz put in a 3d teamer who couldn't play even at a lower level. I disputed that. You piped up, and then got everything wrong.
It was one bad year. 8-5, a playoff win.

indiancoyote said:
Bobby on paper was 6th in the Big Sky after being picked to win the conference. The program is regressing.

Bobby made the playoffs and won a game. Only the Cats and SS have won a playoff game. SS, the no. 2 seed, is now out of the playoffs. I think anyone who says the Griz were the no. 6 team in the conference is a total football idiot. I guess I'm going to have to start calling posters out for that. Really, how can you be so stupid.

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:
Bobby on paper was 6th in the Big Sky after being picked to win the conference. The program is regressing.

Bobby made the playoffs and won a game. Only the Cats and SS have won a playoff game. SS, the no. 2 seed, is now out of the playoffs. I think anyone who says the Griz were the no. 6 team in the conference is a total football idiot. I guess I'm going to have to start calling posters out for that. Really, how can you be so stupid.

:lol:

I’ve been curious who these young kids who just created accounts and weren’t around in the first Hauck era would hire if we fired the whole staff right now. What coaches are available that you would hire? What do you think that would do to the current roster? Believe it or not these guys want to play here for Bobby Hauck. They would already be in the portal if they didn’t.

mthoopsfan said:
indiancoyote said:

Weber won a playoff game. Sac State and MSU did well enough in the regular season to “win” a bye week for the first round of playoffs. Sac “only” won one playoff game, but made it one round further than UM did.

Back