• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby

Griz are a good team playing about as poorly as you could ever expect. This is more on the players than coaches!! More back ups to need play including Humphrey, Davis, McGinnis, etc. When Chase fumbled against ISU as a sophomore, he was benched for a half! I saw defensive linemen on their backsides yesterday, sad!

granitegriz said:
Griz are a good team playing about as poorly as you could ever expect. This is more on the players than coaches!! More back ups to need play including Humphrey, Davis, McGinnis, etc. When Chase fumbled against ISU as a sophomore, he was benched for a half! I saw defensive linemen on their backsides yesterday, sad!

agree...got some others players in...I would like to McGinnis in the line up...

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
Hauck is trying to improve with what athletes he brought in, combined with what Stitt left him.

And Stitt tried to improve with the athletes he brought in, combined with what Delaney left him. That’s how it works.

And he didn’t get the job done in three years, and would not have done it in twenty years, however, it won’t take Hauck that long he did it once, and will do it again. Will match Hauck accomplishments against Stitts anytime you are willing to challenge.

Are you ready, I am.

Well so far he’s 1-2 against teams Stitt went 5-3 against.

You’re up.

Same schools maybe, but not the same teams.

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
Hauck is trying to improve with what athletes he brought in, combined with what Stitt left him.

And Stitt tried to improve with the athletes he brought in, combined with what Delaney left him. That’s how it works.

And he didn’t get the job done in three years, and would not have done it in twenty years, however, it won’t take Hauck that long he did it once, and will do it again. Will match Hauck accomplishments against Stitts anytime you are willing to challenge.

Are you ready, I am.

You’re up.

:)

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

Are you ready, I am.

You’re up.

Same schools maybe, but not the same teams.

Truer words were never spoken. Talk about “trajectories”. :eek: :oops:

AZGrizFan said:
Bobby called the team “average” last night in the presser.

I think he’s being generous in his assessment. Lowering the expectations bar week after week.

Genius.

My view is that Bobby is just being realistic. What's wrong with that? Bobby didn't say anything to create high expectations for this year. In fact, he consistently was saying that the team was young and inexperienced, and there were holes.

You post as if you think a coach who is honest is doing something wrong.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think he’s being generous in his assessment. Lowering the expectations bar week after week.

Genius.

You can be a time giver, or a bad fan. It took him years to undo what Glenn left him, and it's gonna take some time to undo it this time around, too.
Your sarcasim is truer than you think. Glenn lost three of his last four games; Hauck was 32-1 vs. the BSC in his last four years, The QB Glenn left him was Jeff Disney; no Cadillac.

I recall that some of the new coaches were surprised to find out how bare the cupboard was when Glenn left. There was certainly good talent, but I don't think there had been much recruiting done before Glenn left.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Genius.

My view is that Bobby is just being realistic. What's wrong with that? Bobby didn't say anything to create high expectations for this year. In fact, he consistently was saying that the team was young and inexperienced, and there were holes.

You post as if you think a coach who is honest is doing something wrong.
He certainly isn't DOING anything to create high expectations either. Again, genius.

AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

Are you ready, I am.

You’re up.

Well, if you are considering the same UND as the same UND that Hauck faced, then, you got that one, it might have been a different outcome for Hauck if UND had the same athletes off the field that Stitt faced.

Now, Hauck still has not lost at home to the Cats, without having the Freshman of the Year at QB, and the Freshman of the Year that amost singlehanded lost the game by his self.

Please pay attention, I was trying to compare life time achievement’s of Hauch and Stitt, don’t bother there is.N O comparison.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

Are you ready, I am.

You’re up.

Well, if you are considering the same UND as the same UND that Hauck faced, then, you got that one, it might have been a different outcome for Hauck if UND had the same athletes off the field that Stitt faced.

Now, Hauck still has not lost at home to the Cats, without having the Freshman of the Year at QB, and the Freshman of the Year that amost singlehanded lost the game by his self.

Please pay attention, I was trying to compare life time achievement’s of Hauch and Stitt, don’t bother there is.N O comparison.

please pay attention:

1) the score against und was 0 - 41 at one point, yet the team with "0" would have beat the other team a year ago because the other team weren't quite as good? pfft. the way the team with "0" played, they wouldn't have beat a good high school squad.

2) stitt has been credited with a play and offense that is considered to have influenced college football in general. hauck had a great run at a university with established excellence in football, then went to one that didn't, and did a crappy job.

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

Genius.

it won’t take Hauck that long he did it once, and will do it again.

BH did what once?

In all reality, in his 1st stint as HC, He was handed the keys to a sports car and drove it until the tires came off.
Since that time he has gone something like 18-53. He has NEVER turned around a program and the only real success he has is taking over an already dominate program!

Butte5518 said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
spsyk said:

BH did what once?

In all reality, in his 1st stint as HC, He was handed the keys to a sports car and drove it until the tires came off.
Since that time he has gone something like 18-53. He has NEVER turned around a program and the only real success he has is taking over an already dominate program!

It just isn't true that Hauck was handed the keys to the sports car. See Kem's many posts on the subject. Hauck was given a nice program and team, but it had holes and I was told not much recruiting had been done.

Stitt was handed a program that had just finished nos. 12 and 8 in the nation. He took it to no. 30 or 35, with losss to the Cats and no playoffs.

CDAGRIZ said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Man, CDA. You and argh! have a serious hard-on for BH.

I'm just trying to give the man some time. You can discuss other mens' erections in the Locker Room.
I 123% believe we will get back to biz and dominate these fools very soon.

Whoa....wait a minute here. I'm pretty sure that I'm offended but I need to sort out why.
CDA, you accused me of sexism when I posted about Bobby Boners but PDX gets a pass? I think I want you to be offended by him. Or...not by me... Or explain to me why I am, please. :evil: :?

GGNez said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Man, CDA. You and argh! have a serious hard-on for BH.

I'm just trying to give the man some time. You can discuss other mens' erections in the Locker Room.
I 123% believe we will get back to biz and dominate these fools very soon.

Whoa....wait a minute here. I'm pretty sure that I'm offended but I need to sort out why.
CDA, you accused me of sexism when I posted about Bobby Boners but PDX gets a pass? I think I want you to be offended by him. Or...not by me... Or explain to me why I am, please. :evil: :?

I was extremely offended. Then, I realized he is from PDX, so he cannot be offensive by definition. The comment was coming from a very enlightened, tolerant, and gluten free safe space of emotion.

PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:

BH did what once?

It just isn't true that Hauck was handed the keys to the sports car. See Kem's many posts on the subject. Hauck was given a nice program and team, but it had holes and I was told not much recruiting had been done.

Stitt was handed a program that had just finished nos. 12 and 8 in the nation. He took it to no. 30 or 35, with losss to the Cats and no playoffs.

Joe Glenn took the griz to the NC game 2 of his 3 years winning it once... if that is not a sports car in the FCS I simply don't know what is!

Reality is BH got lucky when he inherited a SOLID program where his only success lies. He simply has NO proven success when tasked with turning a team around. Facts hurt!

Butte5518 said:
PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
spsyk said:

BH did what once?

Joe Glenn took the griz to the NC game 2 of his 3 years winning it once... if that is not a sports car in the FCS I simply don't know what is!

Reality is BH got lucky when he inherited a SOLID program where his only success lies. He simply has NO proven success when tasked with turning a team around. Facts hurt!

Joe Glenn did not take UM to the championship game his 3d season, and he lost 3 of the last 4 games in his 3d season, and to the Cats. If losing 3 of 4 games and to the Cats, and not having a solid group of commits for the next year, is your idea of a racecar team, then I guess we will just have to disagree. Again, see the multiple Kem posts on the subject.

PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
BH did what once?

Joe Glenn did not take UM to the championship game his 3d season, and he lost 3 of the last 4 games in his 3d season, and to the Cats. If losing 3 of 4 games and to the Cats, and not having a solid group of commits for the next year, is your idea of a racecar team, then I guess we will just have to disagree. Again, see the multiple Kem posts on the subject.

UNCONFIRMED, but....I was told by friends of the Glenns that Joe lost to the Cats on purpose (or at least wasn't upset about it) to end "the streak" which he hated because of some of the nastiness of fans. Knew Joe and family when I was a kid. I can imagine that there may have been some truth to that.

Back