• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate now the leader at Boise???

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You’re the absolute best, man! I mean that. It might be the seven bottles of tequila(?), or the three Diet Squirts talking, but I mean that. Have yourself a night.
Diet Squirt is getting really hard to find.

Ralph’s on Goldenwest and Garfield. They have pallets of the stuff. Let me know. I’ll send you a gross if need be.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
What coach would not want to advance to a better, higher profile job with an increase of over a million dollars a year to a school that reaches out to you. To be even be considered for that high profile job, never mind being a finalist is a success not a failure. The word was his players were hoping he didn't go but were happy for him that he was considered for such a high level program.

Almost all coaches would entertain the opportunity. I’m just saying it’s not a good look to let it become so public that he wants out, fail, and then go try to sell the program to high schoolers. You said it would help recruiting, and I think you’re insane for thinking that.
I causally walked into the breakroom one day innocently looking for a coffee refill, and to my horror, I noticed three marketing people all in a circle high-fiving each other. As a seasoned product development engineer, I knew straight away that a single marketing person in a room was fine, and two was ok most of the time as long as you didn’t make eye contact. But three was big time trouble. I slowly tried to back out of the room without being noticed, but was unsuccessful and one of them blurted out uncontrollably: “ABQ!!!! HOW YOU DOING!!!!!!!”, and they proceeded to trip over the breakroom stools to come over to give me high-fives.

I did overhear what they were talking about before they spotted me. First, one of them said they created a micro-site for a campaign, and it got 4,124,456,784 clicks, and 2% clicked on an additional hyperlink! The excitement in the room was palpable, and one of the marketers was so excited, she started running in place as fast as she could, and, with the drip coming down from the drop ceiling, it looked exactly like the scene from the movie Flashdance. Another marketer brought up one of his social media campaigns that garnered…(he paused for effect as the other two marketers silently stared, frozen with anticipation)… 12,635,994,129 impressions!!!! They all nearly fell over giving each high-fives. I heard one of them mention since they didn’t have anything else they could possibly spend the rest of the budget on, they should buy each other 10 more logo polo shirts in celebration other their successes.

Anyway, somewhere in that story, I reluctantly explained why the head football coach from MSU becoming a finalist in a high profile and nationally covered FBS search is actually good for recruiting.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Almost all coaches would entertain the opportunity. I’m just saying it’s not a good look to let it become so public that he wants out, fail, and then go try to sell the program to high schoolers. You said it would help recruiting, and I think you’re insane for thinking that.
I causally walked into the breakroom one day innocently looking for a coffee refill, and to my horror, I noticed three marketing people all in a circle high-fiving each other. As a seasoned product development engineer, I knew straight away that a single marketing person in a room was fine, and two was ok most of the time as long as you didn’t make eye contact. But three was big time trouble. I slowly tried to back out of the room without being noticed, but was unsuccessful and one of them blurted out uncontrollably: “ABQ!!!! HOW YOU DOING!!!!!!!”, and they proceeded to trip over the breakroom stools to come over to give me high-fives.

I did overhear what they were talking about before they spotted me. First, one of them said they created a micro-site for a campaign, and it got 4,124,456,784 clicks, and 2% clicked on an additional hyperlink! The excitement in the room was palpable, and one of the marketers was so excited, she started running in place as fast as she could, and, with the drip coming down from the drop ceiling, it looked exactly like the scene from the movie Flashdance. Another marketer brought of one of his social media campaigns that garnered…(he paused for effect as the other two marketers silently stared, frozen with anticipation)… 12,635,994,129 impressions!!!! They all nearly fell over giving each high-fives. I heard one of them mention since they didn’t have anything else they could possibly spend the rest of the budget on, they decided to give each other 10 more logo polo shirts in celebration other their successes.

Anyway, somewhere in that story, I reluctantly explained why the head football coach from MSU becoming a finalist in a high profile and nationally covered FBS search is actually good for recruiting.

What does a product development train even look like, and why were you in a break room instead of steering it?

Recruiting is going to be like this:
CHOACH: Listen here, kid. I know I bailed and failed, but that was Old Choach. New Choach is here.
RECRUIT: OK, but what if you bail agai--
CHOACH: Shush up, you ignoramus. The bail/fail was good for recruitin'!
RECRUIT: A Cat fan in ABQ says it raised your profile and it makes it seem like you're more likely to bail again.
CHOACH: Oh that? That ain't nothin'. I'm a Wildc--Bobcat, through and threw. Here's my favorite bands: Def Lep, Van Halen (not Van Hagar), Baked Potato, Genesis, Cheesecake, Pizza Pocket, and Fresno State.
RECRUIT: Some of those aren't even bands. And you mentioned another program.
CHOACH: Yeah, I got my eyes on them. Musta been a Floridian slip.
RECRUIT: Do you mean Freudian slip?
CHOACH: Nah. No, son. Shit no. I was thinkin' bout Central Florida. They could have an openin'.
RECRUIT: Seems kind of like you don't plan on staying in Bozeman too much longer.
CHOACH: I can promise you that I'll be here as long as I have to be.
RECRUIT: Thanks, coach. I think we're done here.
CHOACH: Great! I'll have one of the gals send over some paperwork. You gonna eat that pickle?

Grizzoola said:
PlayerRep said:
Hauck is twice the coach Choate is.
If he is, then he'd want Choate to stay so the Griz can beat the Cats at least 4 consecutive times to reestablish the purported superiority of the Griz and make them, not the Cats, representative of the BSC once again. As long as Choate coaches the Cats, the Griz will never beat them. ;)

I assume Bobby doesn't care one way or another. I'm sure Bobby would be happy to keep coaching against Choate, and would congratulate him if he could have gotten a great job like Boise St.

Let's bet $100 over whether the Griz will beat the Cats while Choate is still the Cats' coach? Sound good. Or are you afraid to put your money where your (big) mouth is?

info said:
[#]f### Jeff Choate and the horse he rode in on.
That's no horse!

CxrmY7FUsAAXXN6.jpg

ilovethecats said:
argh! said:
you slipped below cda in a flash. i'm wondering, what is up?
Hmmm. I don’t know. Like his wit I guess. His posts are funny. Even if they are classless comments about the best coach in the conference....

I think it’s because I poked fun at Genesis. Argh is a pretty big Phil Collins fan. Sorry, Argh!

ilovethecats said:
argh! said:
you slipped below cda in a flash. i'm wondering, what is up?
Hmmm. I don’t know. Like his wit I guess. His posts are funny. Even if they are classless comments about the best coach in the conference....
I guess I missed his comments about Beau Baldwin.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
I guess I missed his comments about Beau Baldwin.

Classless.... :coffee:
Sure, you want to be the judge. With a fraction of the resources that either MT school provides, BB had EWU at or near the top of the BSC every year and won a NC. When your boy does that, you may have an argument. Meanwhile we need to be concerned about CPSLO.

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
Classless.... :coffee:
Sure, you want to be the judge. With a fraction of the resources that either MT school provides, BB had EWU at or near the top of the BSC every year and won a NC. When your boy does that, you may have an argument. Meanwhile we need to be concerned about CPSLO.

We could do the same thing with EWU's "student athletes". :cool:

Back