• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate now the leader at Boise???

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
I’ve seen some say it helps cats recruiting. That’s interesting because I’ve had convos with cats fans who say the exact opposite. That knowing their coach is proactively looking at promotions to other programs may make it hard for a recruit and his family to commit when that commitment may not be returned.

I've heard a dummy say the same thing on BN. Doesn't seem to be the case. He would have been a nut to not accept an interview when Boise St. reached out. Even if it was a "pitty" reaching-out as some have suggested.

I’m just sharing some thoughts from some vey well connected cats fans. I agree 100% he has to take those interviews and would be an idiot to pass up on that chance. That doesn’t change the fact that some recruits probably didn’t like it. I’m simply addressing whether it hurts or helps recruiting. I don’t see how it can help.

ABQCat said:
kemajic said:
You might be missing a word there.....
Standard lawyering there, Kem, and quite intentional. You see, after the next ass-whooping delivered by the Cats, PR gets to deny ever saying the griz will win. In fact, based on PR's history, he will say he predicted the Cat win the whole time and the rest of you idiots need to try and keep up.

Never once have I done that on my 20 plus years posting on the Griz. Nor do I ever predict my team to lose.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
Standard lawyering there, Kem, and quite intentional. You see, after the next ass-whooping delivered by the Cats, PR gets to deny ever saying the griz will win. In fact, based on PR's history, he will say he predicted the Cat win the whole time and the rest of you idiots need to try and keep up.

Never once have I done that on my 20 plus years posting on the Griz. Nor do I ever predict my team to lose.
Fact Check: FALSE!
You call people idiots over here all the time.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Oh, huge difference. One one hand, there would be a coach who wants a better job and lets it be known. In this case, there was a coach who wanted a better job, let it be known, and failed. Big recruiting bump, and really great for morale.

What coach would not want to advance to a better, higher profile job with an increase of over a million dollars a year to a school that reaches out to you. To be even be considered for that high profile job, never mind being a finalist is a success not a failure. The word was his players were hoping he didn't go but were happy for him that he was considered for such a high level program.

Almost all coaches would entertain the opportunity. I’m just saying it’s not a good look to let it become so public that he wants out, fail, and then go try to sell the program to high schoolers. You said it would help recruiting, and I think you’re insane for thinking that.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

That has nothing to do with my post. I never try to deny I said something, nor do I predict my team will lose.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
If Choate stays, the Griz will the Cats the next time they play.
You might be missing a word there.....

Dropped a verb there, but I FOUND IT! There are a few synonyms which could take its place, though.
https://www.lexico.com/synonyms/beat

He definitely should have done the interview. A chance, however remote, to multiply your salary by a factor of 5 or 6. BSU called him. Get to leave Bozeman. What would be the downside for Choach?

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
What coach would not want to advance to a better, higher profile job with an increase of over a million dollars a year to a school that reaches out to you. To be even be considered for that high profile job, never mind being a finalist is a success not a failure. The word was his players were hoping he didn't go but were happy for him that he was considered for such a high level program.

Almost all coaches would entertain the opportunity. I’m just saying it’s not a good look to let it become so public that he wants out, fail, and then go try to sell the program to high schoolers. You said it would help recruiting, and I think you’re insane for thinking that.

You will see that they will have a strong recruiting year again next year. He is outstanding at selling the program and school. He has a lot of good things to sell. A program on the rise and a school that is vibrant and growing with excellent academic programs that prepare you for good paying jobs and located in a beautiful town. The opposite of UM, a school in decline and in relevance. Your characterization of him wanting out and failing is what is insane. Recruits want to play for a coach that is so highly thought of and successful.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
I've heard a dummy say the same thing on BN. Doesn't seem to be the case. He would have been a nut to not accept an interview when Boise St. reached out. Even if it was a "pitty" reaching-out as some have suggested.

I’m just sharing some thoughts from some vey well connected cats fans. I agree 100% he has to take those interviews and would be an idiot to pass up on that chance. That doesn’t change the fact that some recruits probably didn’t like it. I’m simply addressing whether it hurts or helps recruiting. I don’t see how it can help.

I buy that. Just because we’re all Cat fans doesn’t mean we think the same. And by the same token, not all recruits are the same so I suppose some could be scared away by a coach having enough success that bigger programs are interested in him. I guess I’d say to those recruits, “good luck”. Unless you’re someone like Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban, every coach in the country at every level hopes to be successful enough to get better opportunities.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Your characterization of him wanting out and failing is what is insane.

So, you’re saying he interviewed for a job he didn’t want? I know he’s widely known as a Forrest Gump-type, but that would be next level.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

I buy that. Just because we’re all Cat fans doesn’t mean we think the same.

That is for DAMN sure. I think some of your brethren don’t think. Like, at all. Scroll up for proof.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

Well, you ARE an idiot after all.....

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You will see that they will have a strong recruiting year again next year. He is outstanding at selling the program and school. He has a lot of good things to sell. A program on the rise and a school that is vibrant and growing with excellent academic programs that prepare you for good paying jobs and located in a beautiful town. The opposite of UM, a school in decline and in relevance. Your characterization of him wanting out and failing is what is insane. Recruits want to play for a coach that is so highly thought of and successful.

Is this true? "Recruits want to play for a coach that is so highly thought of and successful."

How do you know that? Just curious. That wasn't the case when I was recruited, back in the day. It wasn't the case for either of my sons who were recruited for football.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

Is this true? "Recruits want to play for a coach that is so highly thought of and successful."

How do you know that? Just curious. That wasn't the case when I was recruited, back in the day. It wasn't the case for either of my sons who were recruited for football.

C’mon, PR! Imagine sitting in your living room with a HC who tells you about the program, etc., and then drops this: “I’m highly thought of. So much so that I wanted the job at Boise and got rejected, but they interviewed me, darn it. I’m all in on the program now because it’s my only option, but maybe with your son’s help I can get a better job somewhere very soon.”

How could you not tell your son to commit then and there after that pitch?

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

C’mon, PR! Imagine sitting in your living room with a HC who tells you about the program, etc., and then drops this: “I’m highly thought of. So much so that I wanted the job at Boise and got rejected, but they interviewed me, darn it. I’m all in on the program now because it’s my only option, but maybe with your son’s help I can get a better job somewhere very soon.”

There's so many reasons kids want to play for Choate and MSU, but regardless of the incessant trolling here, the facts speak for themselves. Kids love hot, football loving milfs. He's obviously doing something right, after all, he's pounded the living sh!t out of the Griz. 4 years ago - that team was small & learning a new system and culture. There's no way they beat the Griz with 9 pass attempts, & 2 completions, challenging them to stop the run. They were tougher, believed, and were better coached. Troll away. I'll take MSU's trajectory the last 4 years every day vs UM's. Oh, just so you know, MSU is going to run the ball down your team's throat this fall (no way do we play this spring).

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There's so many reasons kids want to play for Choate and MSU, but regardless of the incessant trolling here, the facts speak for themselves. Kids love hot, football loving milfs. He's obviously doing something right, after all, he's pounded the living sh!t out of the Griz. 4 years ago - that team was small & learning a new system and culture. There's no way they beat the Griz with 9 pass attempts, & 2 completions, challenging them to stop the run. They were tougher, believed, and were better coached. Troll away. I'll take MSU's trajectory the last 4 years every day vs UM's. Oh, just so you know, MSU is going to run the ball down your team's throat this fall (no way do we play this spring).

You’re right. Families are drawn to coaches who are very publicly looking for a tornado and a paycheck to take them anywhere but there. It shows great interest in the kids’ development. He’s starting to remind me of that 24-hour Bozeman AD, and I don’t blame the big dullard.

Can’t wait until the next game! :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:

You’re right. Families are drawn to coaches who are very publicly looking for a tornado and a paycheck to take them anywhere but there. It shows great interest in the kids’ development. Can’t wait until the next game! :thumb:

Oh CDA, me too!

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You’re right. Families are drawn to coaches who are very publicly looking for a tornado and a paycheck to take them anywhere but there. It shows great interest in the kids’ development. Can’t wait until the next game! :thumb:

Oh CDA, me too!

Yesssssssss!!!

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

The proof is he has done excellent in recruiting quality players that fit the culture he’s has established. They play hard and they are tough as the Griz have seen over the last four years.

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:

The proof is he has done excellent in recruiting quality players that fit the culture he’s has established. They play hard and they are tough as the Griz have seen over the last four years.

Were those players recruited before he publicly tried and failed to bolt to another program, or after?

Back