• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Interview for BSU

WaGriz4life said:
RobertoGato said:
Hauck was offered the SDSU job? Can you show me a report to that effect?

He was never offered. They wanted him to interview and he said no.
Oh ya that’s right. My bad! Still though, they reached out to him expressing interest and he declined to interview. That speaks volumes.

RobertoGato said:
It’s just occurred to me a minute ago that I was bound to find some hilarious takes on this BSU news on egriz. And sure enough, here are a bunch posts about how a premier G5 school is interested in Choate because they like mediocrity.

I never get tired of reading posts from Griz fans explaining that the coach who owns them is not any good.

So I’m just checking in to thank Egriz for being so on brand. Don’t feel too bad. Maybe if Bobby works really hard, UNLV might take another look at him some day.

Sometimes, when I see “Choate” spelled out, I think somebody is trolling.

Anyway, as he would say: “When you’re one of the coaches in the Big Sky, you’re probably one of the coaches in the Big Sky.”

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
It’s just occurred to me a minute ago that I was bound to find some hilarious takes on this BSU news on egriz. And sure enough, here are a bunch posts about how a premier G5 school is interested in Choate because they like mediocrity.

I never get tired of reading posts from Griz fans explaining that the coach who owns them is not any good.

So I’m just checking in to thank Egriz for being so on brand. Don’t feel too bad. Maybe if Bobby works really hard, UNLV might take another look at him some day.

Anyway, as he would say: “When you’re one of the coaches in the Big Sky, you’re probably one of the coaches in the Big Sky.”

He ain't wrong.

I thought Boise liked to throw the football once in a while. I seem to recall the greatest Bowl game ever involved the Broncos and some nifty throwing. Can you imagine the looks on the Bronc fans’ faces after they see their first third-n-long with a Choach-led team?

The fact that Choach is even in the running blows my mind. It’s such a hustle. Like an Oceans-14-sized heist. Incredible.

And for what? For WHAT!?! He’s beat the Griz during their worst era in my lifetime. Yippy! It only proves how far little brother is behind the Griz.
Such a con.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

He ain't wrong.

And when you ain’t wrong, you probably ain’t wrong. If you can shake your jowls.

kemajic said:
RobertoGato said:
Was that reported?
Probably not, since BH does not share personal information with the press. It is well known to be a fact.

Honest question:
"Well known to be a fact": Is the "fact" based on Haslam's seemingly (obviously) overly enthusiastic announcement that SDSU called Bobby asking for an interview? Or is it based on an actual request by SDSU, on SDSU letter head, asking Bobby for an interview?

Could it possibly be, just maybe, that Haslam was doing a PR effort to Griz fans, donors, etc, that Bobby's the real deal, damn we're lucky to have him (which I agree with, Griz are lucky to have him, his record speaks for itself) after getting beat by the Cats for a few years?

I'm obviously biased, but the whole SDSU/Bobby announcement and timing seemed a bit contrived to me.

kemajic said:
RobertoGato said:
Was that reported?
Probably not, since BH does not share personal information with the press. It is well known to be a fact.

SDS contacted him. Said they wanted him and what they'd pay him. He talked to 3 people to get their advice. Timmy and two others, one of two whom I know very well. The process was short and quick. I talked to 2 of these 4 people.

noncasualobserver said:
kemajic said:

Honest question:
"Well known to be a fact": Is the "fact" based on Haslam's seemingly (obviously) overly enthusiastic announcement that SDSU called Bobby asking for an interview? Or is it based on an actual request by SDSU, on SDSU letter head, asking Bobby for an interview?

Could it possibly be, just maybe, that Haslam was doing a PR effort to Griz fans, donors, etc, that Bobby's the real deal, damn we're lucky to have him (which I agree with, Griz are lucky to have him, his record speaks for itself) after getting curb stomped by the Cats for a few years?

I'm obviously biased, but the whole SDSU/Bobby announcement and timing seemed a bit contrived to me.

Don't think Haslam said SDS "called for an interview."

Why would it be contrived? The head coach, age 70, says he's retiring. SDS knew Hauck very well and contacted him. He contacted 3 close friends, one of whom was his brother, for advice. He decided to stay at UM.

Coaches aren't given a letter asking for an interview. That's not how the process works.

PlayerRep said:
noncasualobserver said:
Honest question:

Could it possibly be, just maybe, that Haslam was doing a PR effort to Griz fans, donors, etc, that Bobby's the real deal, damn we're lucky to have him (which I agree with, Griz are lucky to have him, his record speaks for itself) after getting curb stomped by the Cats for a few years?

Don't think Haslam said SDS "called for an interview."

Why would it be contrived? The head coach, age 70, says he's retiring. SDS knew Hauck very well and contacted him. He contacted 3 close friends, one of whom was his brother, for advice. He decided to stay at UM.

Coaches aren't given a letter asking for an interview. That's not how the process works.

The credited response to this would be: “Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that. I was wrong.”

But, somehow, I don’t believe that is the response you will receive. Anyway, I liked it, as it was information I did not previously know.

**Boise State Admin meeting to discuss the next FB coach candidates**

BSU President: Ok so who did you come up with so far?

BSU Athletic Director: Well we reached out to the Dallas Cowboys’ OC.

BSU Prez: Good I like that.

BSU AD: And the defensive coordinator for Oregon.

BSU Prez: Well they don’t really play defense, but neither do we, so...Ok. Who else?

BSU AD: Then there’s also Jeff Choate.

BSU Prez: Who?!? Sounds like you just choked on your own spit.

BSU AD: He’s the head coach of some no-name school a couple states over.

BSU Prez: And why the hell would we even consider him? He must have a great record, lots of championships, and a high-flying offense...?

BSU AD: [chortles] No, sir, excuse me, nothing like that. But he did beat the Grizzlies 4 years in a row.

BSU Prez: The Griz! Wow. They used to spank us before we could get away. Did we ever beat them 4-in-a-row?

BSU AD: Not sure; I’ll have to check. The one and only mighty Grizzlies are a very recognizable brand. But I would be remiss if I did not mention that they've had a few down years recently and this guy took advantage of that.

BSU Prez: An opportunist, eh? I can respect that. Yeah, ok, lets give him a sniff, but see if he’s willing to change that horrible name. Can you imagine the memes?

RobertoGato said:
So what I’m getting from this is that Bobby being offered the SDSU job is nothing but an Egriz rumor.
Go listen to the interview that Tootell and Nuanez did back in like April or May. Hauck talked about it with them. He also discussed it with Riley on one of the inside the den episodes during that same time. Believe what you want dude, but SDSU did reach out to him.

RobertoGato said:
So what I’m getting from this is that Bobby being offered the SDSU job is nothing but an Egriz rumor.

Do you think you would be able to handle it if Montana’s coach declined a job offer? You seem pretty rattled over it.

Edit: Garizz’s post and this talk about hiring reminded me of when State College hired that dude for AD or something and when they introduced him in that garage thing his wife and kids murdered him with their eyes. The kid was like, “Great. Just what I’ve always wanted. A shirt with picture of a cat with jizz on its chin.” And then the guy quit. Literally the next day, he quit. Bahahaha! That was fucking epic.

garizzalies said:
**Boise State Admin meeting to discuss the next FB coach candidates**

BSU President: Ok so who did you come up with so far?

BSU Athletic Director: Well we reached out to the Dallas Cowboys’ OC.

BSU Prez: Good I like that.

BSU AD: And the defensive coordinator for Oregon.

BSU Prez: Well they don’t really play defense, but neither do we, so...Ok. Who else?

BSU AD: Then there’s also Jeff Choate.

BSU Prez: Who?!? Sounds like you just choked on your own spit.

BSU AD: He’s the head coach of some no-name school a couple states over.

BSU Prez: And why the hell would we even consider him? He must have a great record, lots of championships, and a high-flying offense...?

BSU AD: [chortles] No, sir, excuse me, nothing like that. But he did beat the Grizzlies 4 years in a row.

BSU Prez: The Griz! Wow. They used to spank us before we could get away. Did we ever beat them 4-in-a-row?

BSU AD: Not sure; I’ll have to check. The one and only mighty Grizzlies are a very recognizable brand. But I would be remiss if I did not mention that they've had a few down years recently and this guy took advantage of that.

BSU Prez: An opportunist, eh? I can respect that. Yeah, ok, lets give him a sniff, but see if he’s willing to change that horrible name. Can you imagine the memes?

:lol:
Jeff Choate is right up there with Peter Funt in the unfortunate name department. BSU AD had better let BSU Prez know that Choach wins games at an incredible 52% clip.

Griz til I die said:
RobertoGato said:
Go listen to the interview that Tootell and Nuanez did back in like April or May. Hauck talked about it with them. He also discussed it with Riley on one of the inside the den episodes during that same time. Believe what you want dude, but SDSU did reach out to him.

That’s more helpful. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back