• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Interview for BSU

4rm3kg.jpg

It's easy to understand why Bobcat fans think he walks on water. I too hope he stays until Hauck figures out the voodoo he has on us. Head to head, he's superman, even though his teams can't beat anybody the Griz can't. They will not be so enthusiastic about him in Boise though until a few preferred candidates turn them down. I followed the reaction of Oregon State fans before Tinkle was hired. "Not even from a power conference. Lowly FCS school. Never advanced in playoffs, etc. etc." Boise fans probably think they could lure Nick Saban away from Alabama, so Choate will be a tough sell.

The guy is not stupid. He wants out ASAP. Mainly because he knows Hauck is now winning the in state recruiting battle and he is never going to win a National title with the facilities MSU has. He has done a good job thus far, but the position has its limitations. The Griz are turning a corner and NDSU isn’t going to falter. Hell, Boise would be wise to go after Entz. Choate may also be inadvertently hurting his future recruiting classes by interviewing for a job he has little chance of getting.

Copper Griz said:
The guy is not stupid. He wants out ASAP. Mainly because he knows Hauck is now winning the in state recruiting battle and he is never going to win a National title with the facilities MSU has. He has done a good job thus far, but the position has its limitations. The Griz are turning a corner and NDSU isn’t going to falter. Hell, Boise would be wise to go after Entz. Choate may also be inadvertently hurting his future recruiting classes by interviewing for a job he has little chance of getting.

:lol: :clap:

Ok more like it. garr is a fantastic poster over here, and copper really came through!

Word on the street is Choate would need at least two candidates, both alumni, to say no before he would be in the running. Not happening.

You filthy animals are not off the hook just yet. Choate lives to own you another day.

I find it hard to believe Boise State is looking for mediocrity at the FBS level, which is exactly what a .500 FCS coach brings to the table. Bronco fans have become entitled over the years. I don't think Choate has a snowballs chance in hell of getting the job.

Edit: Looks like he's in the top 3.
https://www.obnug.com/2020/12/26/22200670/boise-state-coaching-search-reportedly-down-to-3
Andy Avalos, Oregon DC; Kellen Moore, Dallas Cowboys OC; and Choate. :eek:

mqdefault.jpg

This is the best Choach meme on the internet and it’s a 100% authentic media screen shot. I did nothing to it.
I just says “recruiting” and Choach has that dumb look on his face like he has no idea.
Like a kid who just lost a spelling bee and he’s seeing the word that took him out for the first time

...Choate has done a good job with the Cats...he was able to put a mean streak in the Cats that other coaches have not been able
to do against the Griz...a good recruiter too but as far as top winning coach I just don't think he's there yet...poor showing when
playing against upper end FCS teams and has not been Steller in the playoffs ...anyway wish him well hoping Hauck can put an
end to his Griz winning....if he stays!

It’s just occurred to me a minute ago that I was bound to find some hilarious takes on this BSU news on egriz. And sure enough, here are a bunch posts about how a premier G5 school is interested in Choate because they like mediocrity.

I never get tired of reading posts from Griz fans explaining that the coach who owns them is not any good.

So I’m just checking in to thank Egriz for being so on brand. Don’t feel too bad. Maybe if Bobby works really hard, UNLV might take another look at him some day.

RobertoGato said:
It’s just occurred to me a minute ago that I was bound to find some hilarious takes on this BSU news on egriz. And sure enough, here are a bunch posts about how a premier G5 school is interested in Choate because they like mediocrity.

I never get tired of reading posts from Griz fans explaining that the coach who owns them is not any good.

So I’m just checking in to thank Egriz for being so on brand. Don’t feel too bad. Maybe if Bobby works really hard, UNLV might take another look at him some day.

For the record - I never said he was mediocre. I said the position he is in has limitations. Don’t blame him one bit for interviewing and wanting to get out of Bozeman for a better job.

grizghost said:
...Choate has done a good job with the Cats...he was able to put a mean streak in the Cats that other coaches have not been able
to do against the Griz...a good recruiter too but as far as top winning coach I just don't think he's there yet...poor showing when
playing against upper end FCS teams and has not been Steller in the playoffs ...anyway wish him well hoping Hauck can put an
end to his Griz winning....if he stays!
Bobby’s here for life, he’s not going anywhere. He turned down SDSU last year. If he’s willing to do that, I think that sends a pretty clear message that it’s gonna take a massive offer for him to leave.

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
@MikeFPrater
Can confirm, through multiple sources, that Kellen Moore & Andy Avalos have high interest in #BoiseState job. Both families on board. Both have interviewed. Process has included Chris Petersen, per sources. I expect one to be hired this week. More details Sunday in @TheIdahoPress

At this point I see only two scenarios where Choate gets the job.

1. BSU is strapped for cash and can’t afford anyone else. (Doesn’t seem to be the case with some of the big names)

2. The other 2 guys say no thanks. This guy made an interesting point where he thinks BSU has shifted their focus to the cowboys OC because the Oregon DC is no longer interested. I suppose that could be the case but extremely unlikely. There’s no way Oregon (or at least I think there isn’t) could give this guy a pay raise with many schools budget issues. I think the Oregon guy will get it cause Jerry Jones will probably whip out his wallet to keep his OC. He seems to really like him.
https://twitter.com/funkebronco/status/1342894090220957696?s=21

Griz til I die said:
Bobby’s here for life, he’s not going anywhere. He turned down SDSU last year. If he’s willing to do that, I think that sends a pretty clear message that it’s gonna take a massive offer for him to leave.

Hauck was offered the SDSU job? Can you show me a report to that effect?

RobertoGato said:
Griz til I die said:

Hauck was offered the SDSU job? Can you show me a report to that effect?

He was never offered. They wanted him to interview and he said no.

Latest posts

Back