• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate to Texas Now?

PlayerRep said:
66volvo said:
With a record of around 28-22, you will never get to the promised land.

This is what I thought all along. While I always thought Choate was probably going to be good, probably would do well at MSU, and had done quite well, I was surprised that he was a contender for Boise St. The overall record at MSU, while good for MSU and going in the right direction, was not exactly what I'd want in a coach if I were on the Boise St hiring committee. Lesser or struggling FBS schools, yes. Choate obviously had made good impressions on people at Boise St, UW and elsewhere. While not close to a slam dunk, I could see him using the Texas opportunity to propel his way forward to where he wants to be. Had I not realized that he is liked by many (as a result of his Boise interviewing), I would not have thought that.

Good luck to him. Texas should be a great place to coach, and he's with a top level coach and group. I liked him when I met and was around him. His wife is great. His kids are nice. As I may have said before, Gregorak introduced him to my wife and me, and we had his wife and kids, and Lisa Collins (who is also very nice) over to our lake house a few years ago (during a Cat tourney in Polson).

you can tell things are slowly returning to normal when greenie brings up the lake house :)

garizzalies said:
If I were on the bobcat boobcoach search committee, first call I’d make would be here:

https://mountainhottub.com/

They've proven that they do not care about conference championships and wins. They care about one game only. Why else would Ron be shown the door and Choach be celebrated for "fixing" the program?

Ron Ash: 70-38. 3 BSC Championships.
Choach: 28-22. 0 BSC Championships, and didn't even sniff one.

Thems the numbers, pards. Choach was a couple lucky breaks away from being a losing HC. Ash took a program from an absolute laughing stock to a three-time conference champion, and y'all told him to take a hike. Smart.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
If I were on the bobcat boobcoach search committee, first call I’d make would be here:

https://mountainhottub.com/

They've proven that they do not care about conference championships and wins. They care about one game only. Why else would Ron be shown the door and Choach be celebrated for "fixing" the program?

Thems the numbers, pards. Choach was a couple lucky breaks away from being a losing HC. Ash took a program from an absolute laughing stock to a three-time conference champion, and y'all told him to take a hike. Smart.

It was the pants, pard. :cool: :cool:

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:
Not sure what the fascination about his leaving and dissing on him is serving. He's going to double his salary, probably raise his coaching profile and have less responsibility. Did you rip on Bobby when he did it jumped ship? This is a business and a career for these guys.
I see the always lovely Mrs. Da Boys already put you in your place so I will keep this short. Do you believe any facts I posted in this thread are incorrect? Can you point out a single correction? No?

And I meant, every word I said. When I said he’s a grifter, I meant he’s a grifter forever. And I’m gonna keep on “dissing” too. ‘Cuz it’s the only thing I wanna do today
Your hardon for Choate is kind of funny.

garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
Yeah that it. Definitely. He was always really distracted on QBC calls, and would often stop midsentence because of a notification of CDA posting on egriz. At least twice per meeting he would just blurt out: "THAT GOSH DARN CDA!!".
What the hell are “QBC calls”? Were you trying to imply that Choach had something to do with plays called into the QB? If so, that’s laughable.

Or maybe you meant “QVC calls.” That actually makes more sense. I could see Choach calling into QVC to comment on their lustrous assortment of precious gems to bedazzle his jean jacket, but getting “really distracted”.
Yes.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It was the pants, pard. :cool: :cool:

Slacks and/or khakis. The great Ron Ash wouldn’t be caught dead in “pants”. He had class. The recently departed was always more of an overalls guy.

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
I see the always lovely Mrs. Da Boys already put you in your place so I will keep this short. Do you believe any facts I posted in this thread are incorrect? Can you point out a single correction? No?

And I meant, every word I said. When I said he’s a grifter, I meant he’s a grifter forever. And I’m gonna keep on “dissing” too. ‘Cuz it’s the only thing I wanna do today

You didn’t even get the funniest part.

And you can’t or won’t dispute a single fact I posted? How did I know you wouldn’t?—Oh yeah, because it’s all 100% true. Not even the Catrolls are attempting to dispute any of it.

Which makes me question your true colors. In fact, I recall a highly scientific and peer-reviewed study on this board years ago examining the foundation of one’s fandom and loyalty; and, if I remember correctly, you failed the test.

We’re on to you. You love Mony-Mony, don’t you? You love clawing at the air like you just don’t care, huh? Are you the guy at the GSA parties who is always hiding behind the couch lobbing turds into the punchbowl?

I do believe that I've had enough; I've had enough of the falseness, of a worn out relation. Enough of the jealousy, and intoleration.

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:

And you can’t or won’t dispute a single fact I posted? How did I know you wouldn’t?—Oh yeah, because it’s all 100% true. Not even the Catrolls are attempting to dispute any of it.

Which makes me question your true colors. In fact, I recall a highly scientific and peer-reviewed study on this board years ago examining the foundation of one’s fandom and loyalty; and, if I remember correctly, you failed the test.

We’re on to you. You love Mony-Mony, don’t you? You love clawing at the air like you just don’t care, huh? Are you the guy at the GSA parties who is always hiding behind the couch lobbing turds into the punchbowl?

I do believe that I've had enough; I've had enough of the falseness, of a worn out relation. Enough of the jealousy, and intoleration.

Ok haha you got me.

kemajic said:
Ioane to BSU has been announced.

https://tinyurl.com/y5mxcy6m

I’m shocked. The new guy will have to keep the “culture” and “trajectory” of the slightly above .500 winning percentage going somehow with a new DC. It’ll be a tall order. Not everyone can just roll out of bed and win half the games.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
This is what I thought all along. While I always thought Choate was probably going to be good, probably would do well at MSU, and had done quite well, I was surprised that he was a contender for Boise St. The overall record at MSU, while good for MSU and going in the right direction, was not exactly what I'd want in a coach if I were on the Boise St hiring committee. Lesser or struggling FBS schools, yes. Choate obviously had made good impressions on people at Boise St, UW and elsewhere. While not close to a slam dunk, I could see him using the Texas opportunity to propel his way forward to where he wants to be. Had I not realized that he is liked by many (as a result of his Boise interviewing), I would not have thought that.

Good luck to him. Texas should be a great place to coach, and he's with a top level coach and group. I liked him when I met and was around him. His wife is great. His kids are nice. As I may have said before, Gregorak introduced him to my wife and me, and we had his wife and kids, and Lisa Collins (who is also very nice) over to our lake house a few years ago (during a Cat tourney in Polson).

you can tell things are slowly returning to normal when greenie brings up the lake house :)

Multi-million dollar expansion and renovation going on now too.

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:

That's cause you never go "Full Retard", which you have completely blown past. No sense in letting you drag us down to your level of idiocy, and then beat us with experience.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

That's cause you never go "Full Retard", which you have completely blown past. No sense in letting you drag us down to your level of idiocy, and then beat us with experience.

Still time to delete this. Oh, wait, nope. Classy Cat.

MTCowpoke said:
garizzalies said:

MTcowpatty,

Good grief man. You’re about as out-of-date as your carharts. What a great representative of the most delusional and redneck fan base in all of CFB. And, damn it, I just used the “intoleration” Speedwagon quote on the last guy.

I bet not one of your fellow “Catrolls” will come to support your post. Know why? Not because they cannot refute any of my facts, just as you failed. But because they won’t want to be associated with your true ignorance. If anything, they will want to distance themselves from you. The time has come for you, my friend, to all this ugliness we must put an end.

garizzalies said:
MTCowpoke said:
MTcowpatty,

Good grief man. You’re about as out-of-date as your carharts. What a great representative of the most delusional and redneck fan base in all of CFB. And, damn it, I just used the “intoleration” Speedwagon quote on the last guy.

I bet not one of your fellow “Catrolls” will come to support your post. Know why? Not because they cannot refute any of my facts, just as you failed. But because they won’t want to be associated with your true ignorance. If anything, they will want to distance themselves from you. The time has come for you, my friend, to all this ugliness we must put an end.

Golden cat country? Hardly, because like you do, I know their nine lives are over so meet me on the mountain where the kittens ask to lay me down because they’re through. Okay, that’s about as lame as everything they’ve done since 1979, but it’s a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter and I’m not missing a thing.

Back