• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

Grandma Griz said:
Maybe isn"t a fact. Why would a coaching staff choose not to release Jensen unless he will agree not to play in Big Sky conference for 3 years? Hauck didn''t want Jensen nor does he want to compete against him either.

That clause is pretty much SOP on any release agreement.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Grandma Griz said:
Fact - Jensen did not quit - he was forced out by a coaching staff who closed their eyes to his talents!

Or maybe he didn't really demonstrate his talents to the new coaches very well. And then didn't handle not being #1 on the depth chart.

I agree with you, Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm or whatever your name is.

Grandma Griz said:
Maybe isn"t a fact. Why would a coaching staff choose not to release Jensen unless he will agree not to play in Big Sky conference for 3 years? Hauck didn''t want Jensen nor does he want to compete against him either.

Nor would Hauck want him taking his knowledge of the playbook, offensive/defensive schemes, coaching preferences/quirks, and personnel, to other teams in the Big Sky. It is not uncommon for conferences or teams to not allow departing players to go to another school in the same conference.

Grandma Griz said:
So when others were released, are they not taking with them the same knowledge?

There is actually a Big Sky rule that does not allow a player to transfer from one Big Sky school to another. So Hauck and company did nothing out of the ordinary. They may have added a few other schools to his list but the Big Sky schools is a conference issue.

HookedonGriz said:
Grandma Griz said:

There is actually a Big Sky rule that does not allow a player to transfer from one Big Sky school to another. So Hauck and company did nothing out of the ordinary. They may have added a few other schools to his list but the Big Sky schools is a conference issue.

I believe that the Big Sky rule is that the player must sit out 1 year and pay their own way.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
mcg said:
What's this thread about again?

Merkleman, AZ, and argh.
I probably didn’t read this thread close enough, but it sounds like these guys are pissed at Baer because he supposedly ran this guy off.
But it’s all pure speculation, right? Some anonymous guy, who does not appear to be disinterested, is citing probably at least two-levels of a hearsay conversation, and egriz starts handing out pitchforks. Yeppers!

Personally, I'm more pissed that he's gone than who ran him off.
I get that as it does seem weird but I “GUARANTEE” there is more to the story than the anonymous, multi-level hearsay going on here, some of which is coming from pure trolls.

If true, it appears the two extremes we have are a coach playing mind games vs a player who tucked-tail and ran at the first sign of adversity. Both are ugly. I think the mind games are bullshit but at the same time, the overreaction can sometimes be worse: OMG, the new coach didn’t even know may name and number! The horror!

mcg said:
It might have been better to say something like 'we've evaluated all the defensive end and xxx and yyy are better players than you. You can work to improve your skills while working with the third team and playing special teams, or you can leave the team. Your choice'. Even better to add 'I know coach who's looking for a defensive lineman, I'll give him a call'.
Sounds like you’re stating these things as fact, but in reality, you have no idea if those things occurred or not. How do you know the coaches did NOT do those things?

garizzalies said:
mcg said:
It might have been better to say something like 'we've evaluated all the defensive end and xxx and yyy are better players than you. You can work to improve your skills while working with the third team and playing special teams, or you can leave the team. Your choice'. Even better to add 'I know coach who's looking for a defensive lineman, I'll give him a call'.
Sounds like you’re stating these things as fact, but in reality, you have no idea if those things occurred or not. How do you know the coaches did NOT do those things?

Totally agree, I wasn't there. If the outplacement was well handled I apologize for any misrepresentation and commend all involved.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
Grandma Griz said:

I believe that the Big Sky rule is that the player must sit out 1 year and pay their own way.
Except when it comes to his own son. Then he bends the rules and somehow circumvents the NCAA undergrad hard ship transfer rule. Pretty arrogant to bend the rules and block another kid.

Latest posts

Back