• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

PAGriz said:
Except when it comes to his own son. Then he bends the rules and somehow circumvents the NCAA undergrad hard ship transfer rule. Pretty arrogant to bend the rules and block another kid.

This is an ignorant post.

Grandma Griz said:
Source is the letter written by the coaching staff.

The letter said they purposely ran him off? Seems like an odd letter to write. If they wrote it to the player, why do they have it and not the player?

PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
Grandma Griz said:
So when others were released, are they not taking with them the same knowledge?

There is actually a Big Sky rule that does not allow a player to transfer from one Big Sky school to another. So Hauck and company did nothing out of the ordinary. They may have added a few other schools to his list but the Big Sky schools is a conference issue.

I believe that the Big Sky rule is that the player must sit out 1 year and pay their own way.
Except when it comes to his own son. Then he bends the rules and somehow circumvents the NCAA undergrad hard ship transfer rule. Pretty arrogant to bend the rules and block another kid.

Okay, interesting point. However, several things. I don't see why all players would be the same equal in this type of situation. There's a big difference between a starting qb who was at a school 2 years and participated in 2 springs, including the most recent spring (when a new coaching staff installed new offenses and defenses); and a safety who resorted in one fall and didn't participate in any spring practice, including this year (when a new OC was installing whatever offense he will run).

And, Hauck didn't allow his son to transfer and play this year. NAU did.

PlayerRep said:
Grandma Griz said:

The letter said they purposely ran him off? Seems like an odd letter to write. If they wrote it to the player, why do they have it and not the player?

I believe she is referencing that he is not allowed to play at another BSC school for the remainder of his eligibility but not sure. She doesn't seem to understand that this type of thing is pretty standard.

PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
There is actually a Big Sky rule that does not allow a player to transfer from one Big Sky school to another. So Hauck and company did nothing out of the ordinary. They may have added a few other schools to his list but the Big Sky schools is a conference issue.

I believe that the Big Sky rule is that the player must sit out 1 year and pay their own way.

Okay, interesting point. However, several things. I don't see why all players would be the same equal in this type of situation. There's a big difference between a starting qb who was at a school 2 years and participated in 2 springs, including the most recent spring (when a new coaching staff installed new offenses and defenses); and a safety who resorted in one fall and didn't participate in any spring practice, including this year (when a new OC was installing whatever offense he will run).

NAU, the BSC, and the NCAA. But he seems to be implying that Hauck did some voodoo magic to make it happen.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

NAU, the BSC, and the NCAA. But he seems to be implying that Hauck did some voodoo magic to make it happen.

If you were at any of the games during Hauck's 7 years here where they pulled a victory out of their arses you would know Bobby has voodoo magic up to the gills.

PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
Grandma Griz said:

Incorrect there is a special rule that allows for unique circumstances as with his son. That had to be approved by Jerome Souers at NAU first and then the big sky....without those approvals it does not even go to the NCAA. Even after those approvals it was never a guarantee with the NCAA. If you want to be pissy be pissy with Jerome, the big sky, and the NCAA

PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

Just to be clear I agree with a lot of what you post. But there is nothing in any of rules that mentions anything about being a starter, non starter or anything else. You are either an undergrad transfer or a grad transfer.

You have to be able to admit that a favor was done for Hauck. NAU is in the Big Sky. So when some says its a big sky rule its really not. Its more of a guideline then. I am less curious about the Big Sky clearing him to play then I am about how in the world they got the NCAA to allow him to not have to sit a year.

There is only one way for an under grad student to move laterally or up in a division without sitting a year and thats the hardship exception and that rule is draconian.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Just to be clear I agree with a lot of what you post. But there is nothing in any of rules that mentions anything about being a starter, non starter or anything else. You are either an undergrad transfer or a grad transfer.

You have to be able to admit that a favor was done for Hauck. NAU is in the Big Sky. So when some says its a big sky rule its really not. Its more of a guideline then. I am less curious about the Big Sky clearing him to play then I am about how in the world they got the NCAA to allow him to not have to sit a year.

There is only one way for an under grad student to move laterally or up in a division without sitting a year and thats the hardship exception and that rule is draconian.

Some great points here. I really don't have a problem with the way this played out, and I'm glad Jerome agreed to it. Jerome is a great dude, really good guy and I couldn't ever see him denying a young kid the chance to play for his Dad. What I don't know however, is if Bobby would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. From what I've heard about Bobby, he has mellowed out over the years and today he's probably do the same thing. I doubt this would be the case fifteen years ago when Hauck was more assholeish.

poorgriz said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:

Some great points here. I really don't have a problem with the way this played out, and I'm glad Jerome agreed to it. Jerome is a great dude, really good guy and I couldn't ever see him denying a young kid the chance to play for his Dad. What I don't know however, is if Bobby would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. From what I've heard about Bobby, he has mellowed out over the years and today he's probably do the same thing. I doubt this would be the case fifteen years ago when Hauck was more assholeish.
Are you saying Bobby is less assholeish........and is assholeish really even a word.

KJB said:
poorgriz said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Are you saying Bobby is less assholeish........and is assholeish really even a word.

Definitelyish!!

The NAU coaching staff was ok letting the kid go play for his dad! Not much underlying controversy there so not really comparable IMO!

Grandma Griz said:
This doesn't surprise me at all. It's the vibe I got with the way spring ball played out.

To have GJ running with the 2s to start the spring game and then put Sneed in front of the news cameras after the game was a huge insult.

I'm not sure if Hauck is still bitter that Stitt was hired over him in 2014 or if Rosy is envious of the respect Stitt receives on a national level or if it's some combination of both. Whatever the reason, they sure stacked the deck against his QB that day.

Gresch still outperformed Sneed after finally getting to run with the 1s. That NFL caliber laser to Torre was the play of the day. The deep ball to Sammy was the other. Neither of those are throws Sneed make, but it didn't matter in the end, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiningCityGrizFan said:
I'm not sure if Hauck is still bitter that Stitt was hired over him in 2014 or if Rosy is envious of the respect Stitt receives on a national level or if it's some combination of both. Whatever the reason, they sure stacked the deck against his QB that day.

:roll:

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Grandma Griz said:
This doesn't surprise me at all. It's the vibe I got with the way spring ball played out.

To have GJ running with the 2s to start the spring game and then put Sneed in front of the news cameras after the game was a huge insult.

Gresch still outperformed Sneed after finally getting to run with the 1s. That NFL caliber laser to Torre was the play of the day. The deep ball to Sammy was the other. Neither of those are throws Sneed make, but it didn't matter in the end, sadly.

In the spring game, Jensen did not outperform Sneed. Not even close.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Grandma Griz said:

IMHO the writing was on the wall, all but said, done deal. Gresch was going through the motions.

HookedonGriz said:
Grandma Griz said:

So how was Dalton Daum allowed to transfer to MSU?

fanofzoo said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Grandma Griz said:

IMHO the writing was on the wall, all but said, done deal. Gresch was going through the motions.
In the spring scrimmage, when you compare apples to apples what the two QBs did while playing with the 1s, Jensen absolutely outperformed Sneed hands down. The only deep ball Sneed threw was under thrown and picked by Crow if I remember correctly. Not even close, indeed.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Grandma Griz said:

Yes, yes he did. Sorry not sorry.

Latest posts

Back