• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

Honestly I think most of you would agree as of today, there has been less turnover than many anticipated. At least, less than I anticipated considering the two styles of coaching l, position changes and the difference in the personalities of this staff from the last.

Chris was a hell of a player. I’m a big Bobby fan but losing a player like that at this time is a bit of a head scratcher.

Ursa Major said:
In that case, let the Chris Favoroso character assasination begin!

:lol: Exactly. I was surprised I hadn't seen him called a quitter by this post.

nzone said:
Chris was a hell of a player. I’m a big Bobby fan but losing a player like that at this time is a bit of a head scratcher.

He asked to be released from his obligation. Does BH have to beg him to stay?

Look dudes leave for many reasons and it’s not usually because the player or coaches are at fault.

Paytonlives said:
nzone said:

Look dudes leave for many reasons and it’s not usually because the player or coaches are at fault.

Well unless merkle completely made up his story about Baer, I’d say we can put this one squarely on him. Yes, Chris could have decided to fight through the adversity and try to prove them wrong and hopefully win the job back if Baer was gonna give him a fair chance, but it sounds like he was one, being forced into a position change that probably didn’t suit him, two, severely insulted about the caliber of player he is, and three, graduating anyway and can probably play almost anywhere in the country, including several FBS schools. Sure, you have to earn respect and a job but I think he had mostly done that and definitely didn’t deserve complete disrespect.

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
nzone said:

Well unless merkle completely made up his story about Baer, I’d say we can put this one squarely on him. Yes, Chris could have decided to fight through the adversity and try to prove them wrong and hopefully win the job back if Baer was gonna give him a fair chance, but it sounds like he was one, being forced into a position change that probably didn’t suit him, two, severely insulted about the caliber of player he is, and three, graduating anyway and can probably play almost anywhere in the country, including several FBS schools. Sure, you have to earn respect and a job but I think he had mostly done that and definitely didn’t deserve complete disrespect.

After reading the newspaper column about it, I think Merkle is dead on.....not first time I have hear of Baer being an ass. Mind games backfire a lot

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
nzone said:

True... If thats what happened.

signedbewildered said:
Honestly I think most of you would agree as of today, there has been less turnover than many anticipated. At least, less than I anticipated considering the two styles of coaching l, position changes and the difference in the personalities of this staff from the last.

less quantity, but perhaps more quality lost than expected.

Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
nzone said:

True... If thats what happened.
It’s called football! Too bad his feelings were hurt. Good luck to him.

My greatest fear - BH and staff are stuck in the 80, 90's and early 2000 with their mentality. The world is changing and changing rapidly. This is not exclusive to football, but absolutely relevant. They may have to consider changing their management style a bit. I won't blame Favoroso on the coaches, nor any other player leaving because none of us know what has truly transpired. Getting hard nosed kids who turn that "insult" into energy and desire, well there are fewer and fewer of them these days. Just a reality. BH seems to have softened/adapted in his interviews. Not sure about interaction with the team.

This one is directly on Baer. I've heard from a number of folks he is an egotistical douche nozzle who does not respect the players. If this story is true, and judging by Chris's quote below, it is....then Baer can suck it.

"It was one of the most enjoyable parts of my life, playing at Montana. I made great friends, my girlfriend's here, my home's here," Favoroso said. "The time I was here, from when I got here to the end of last season, I would say it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I love Montana. I love Missoula. I love the people here. I loved playing football here. It's something I'll never forget. I'll always look back on this part of my life and be so grateful. It was like paradise"

argh! said:
signedbewildered said:

less quantity, but perhaps more quality lost than expected.

I agree a few losses stung pretty well but expect a lot more even out of the kids that were on the field a bunch last year. Totally different mindset.

Ursa Major said:
In that case, let the Chris Favoroso character assasination begin!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Obviously he’s a quitter who doesn’t want to be he-
HookedonGriz said:
"It was one of the most enjoyable parts of my life, playing at Montana. I made great friends, my girlfriend's here, my home's here," Favoroso said. "The time I was here, from when I got here to the end of last season, I would say it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I love Montana. I love Missoula. I love the people here. I loved playing football here. It's something I'll never forget. I'll always look back on this part of my life and be so grateful. It was like paradise"
Erm...well...uuuhhhhh...something something whiny millennials.

Did anyone think that maybe the younger guys are better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSTGriz said:

grizghost said:
….Bobby's looking for the next Biermann phototypes...Chris didn't fit that role..wish him well!
2bwjce.jpg

I’m starting to see the new staff’s style. :lol:

grizghost said:
….Bobby's looking for the next Biermann phototypes...Chris didn't fit that role..wish him well!

Kroy does cut a dashing figure in photos to be sure. Unless it’s with that woman...

uofmman1122 said:
JSTGriz said:

grizghost said:
2bwjce.jpg

I’m starting to see the new staff’s style. :lol:

Solid use of this meme hahaha

Bummed we’re losing Fab.

Latest posts

Back