• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

I’d comment on this thread, but the last thing I want to do is come on here and criticize coach Baer.

AZGrizFan said:
I’d comment on this thread, but the last thing I want to do is come on here and criticize coach Baer.

Really, and change your m.o.? He was a Stitt guy you know :roll:

BWahlberg said:
uofmman1122 said:
JSTGriz said:
Did anyone think that maybe the younger guys are better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grizghost said:
….Bobby's looking for the next Biermann phototypes...Chris didn't fit that role..wish him well!
2bwjce.jpg

I’m starting to see the new staff’s style. :lol:

Solid use of this meme hahaha

Bummed we’re losing Fab.

Dude, Fab was a great role player and leader on the basketball team but he really has no bearing on this situation.

Mods, move this post! Brint is drunk!

Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
He asked to be released from his obligation. Does BH have to beg him to stay?

Look dudes leave for many reasons and it’s not usually because the player or coaches are at fault.

Well unless merkle completely made up his story about Baer, I’d say we can put this one squarely on him. Yes, Chris could have decided to fight through the adversity and try to prove them wrong and hopefully win the job back if Baer was gonna give him a fair chance, but it sounds like he was one, being forced into a position change that probably didn’t suit him, two, severely insulted about the caliber of player he is, and three, graduating anyway and can probably play almost anywhere in the country, including several FBS schools. Sure, you have to earn respect and a job but I think he had mostly done that and definitely didn’t deserve complete disrespect.

True... If thats what happened.
It’s called football! Too bad his feelings were hurt. Good luck to him.
No. That’s not called football. That’s someone with a massive ego and piss poor people management skills. It's also someone who isn't taking his job seriously.

He seriously didn’t even know who Favoroso was? Or what position he played? Or how he contributed last season? Or bother to explain why, after arguably being the most productive edge rusher, he was being moved to the interior line? Or why he was listed third on the depth chart?

And after an entire spring football season Baer didn't bother recognize his initial mistakes and repair his relationship with Favoroso?

All of this is a huge red flag. I'm afraid it demonstrates that Baer is not taking his job seriously. That he believes he’s doing the program a favor just by coaching here and that the players on the roster are unimportant, interchangeable pawns on his chessboard.

How many of the best players on the roster have to leave before there is some accountability? And how deeply will hell have to freeze over before Haslam will share the insights from Gresch and Favoroso’s exit interviews?

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Well unless merkle completely made up his story about Baer, I’d say we can put this one squarely on him. Yes, Chris could have decided to fight through the adversity and try to prove them wrong and hopefully win the job back if Baer was gonna give him a fair chance, but it sounds like he was one, being forced into a position change that probably didn’t suit him, two, severely insulted about the caliber of player he is, and three, graduating anyway and can probably play almost anywhere in the country, including several FBS schools. Sure, you have to earn respect and a job but I think he had mostly done that and definitely didn’t deserve complete disrespect.

No. That’s not called football. That’s someone with a massive ego and piss poor people management skills. It's also someone who isn't taking his job seriously.

He seriously didn’t even know who Favoroso was? Or what position he played? Or how he contributed last season? Or bother to explain why, after arguably being the most productive edge rusher, he was being moved to the interior line? Or why he was listed third on the depth chart?

And after an entire spring football season Baer didn't bother recognize his initial mistakes and repair his relationship with Favoroso?

All of this is a huge red flag. I'm afraid it demonstrates that Baer is not taking his job seriously. That he believes he’s doing the program a favor just by coaching here and that the players on the roster are unimportant, interchangeable pawns on his chessboard.

How many of the best players on the roster have to leave before there is some accountability? And how deeply will hell have to freeze over before Haslam will share the insights from Gresch and Favoroso’s exit interviews?
Chill; this happens with every HC transition. Pointing fingers at Baer over hearsay is little more than reactionary. Like Jenson, he will be replaced with someone that wants to be here. Hauck has never had a defense at Montana that didn't have really good DEs. Favoroso had a good half season, but calling him one "of the best players on the roster" is a bit of a stretch.

griz5700 said:
Clear em out, clear em out, clear em out.....It’s hard to yell when the Hauck’s in yo mouth.

I think some of the problems on this board are caused by a few posters who would like to have Bobby in their mouths.

Ursa Major said:
griz5700 said:
Clear em out, clear em out, clear em out.....It’s hard to yell when the Hauck’s in yo mouth.

I think some of the problems on this board are caused by a few posters who would like to have Bobby in their mouths.

Just like that lump of sand snoring in your bed rt now - we all know who the dead weight is around here. [emoji6]

kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:

Chill; this happens with every HC transition. Pointing fingers at Baer over hearsay is little more than reactionary. Like Jenson, he will be replaced with someone that wants to be here. Hauck has never had a defense at Montana that didn't have really good DEs. Favoroso had a good half season, but calling him one "of the best players on the roster" is a bit of a stretch.
Is it really a stretch???
After being in a boot during the week for the first part of the season and finishing the way he did would suggest other wise. But for fun here is the last 6 games of the season for the front 7. Numbers dont lie.

Banks 57 Tackles 9TFL 4 sacks
Buss 49 Tackles 6TFL 2.5 Sacks
Strahm 70 Tackles 8.5 TFL 1.5 Sacks

Schye 29 Tackles 7 TFL 4.5 sacks
Sims 29 Tackles 5TFL 3.5 Sacks
Shaw 14 Tackles .5 TFL 0 Sacks
Favoroso 34 Tackles 13TFL 6 Sacks

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I agree 100% Favoroso wanted to be a Griz, would have been a canidate for all conference, and was no question a very effective player. I am a fan of Bobby coming back but really starting to wonder what the Hell is going on with some things.

PeauxRouge said:
BWahlberg said:
uofmman1122 said:
JSTGriz said:
Did anyone think that maybe the younger guys are better?

grizghost said:
….Bobby's looking for the next Biermann phototypes...Chris didn't fit that role..wish him well!
2bwjce.jpg

I’m starting to see the new staff’s style. :lol:

Solid use of this meme hahaha

Bummed we’re losing Fab.

Dude, Fab was a great role player and leader on the basketball team but he really has no bearing on this situation.

Mods, move this post! Brint is drunk!

Not drunk haha, well not really. Just not paying attention! But I am bummed the hoops team has lost Fab as well.

As for Fav... also hate to see him go.

Merkleman said:
Grizzly96 said:
I heard he was being asked to move to OLB, which IMO fits his size better, and he said no. Best of luck.....
Thats not true. He was moved to 3rd on the depth chart playing interior line before a single practice. 2 days before the start of spring he went to the DC to discuss him playing the outside and the DC laughed in his face along with some expletives. Didnt know who he was and asked him what number he was.
I guess its easy to forget a kid that led the entire conference in TFL and sacks over the last 6 games of the season. Finished within about 10 tackles and 2 sacks of our 2nd team all conference player even though he played 300 less snaps.

Dont worry about Chris he will be fine. He will move on and play this season. Even if the NCAA doesnt pass the transfer rule next week he will graduate in July. It hasnt been 24 hours and he already has an offer from the AAC

All of this is correct, we are going to miss Fav great guy and somebody we loved having on the field with us.

Ursus1 said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:

I agree 100% Favoroso wanted to be a Griz, would have been a canidate for all conference, and was no question a very effective player. I am a fan of Bobby coming back but really starting to wonder what the Hell is going on with some things.

...time to move on..Bobby knows what he wants and Fav didn't fit the role...come on is that
Bobby's fault...he's looking for players that have that edge...look at past Haucks teams and you'll get
the picture .if you know a little about the game..maybe Milton Mamula will fit that role eventually..

Ask any Washington fan and you’ll hear this kind of shit is SOP for Baer.

Kind of like McCain choosing Sarah, watching Hauck choose Baer really made me question his decision making abilities.

kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:

Without a doubt this happens during every transition, but at the same time, chasing off 2 successful starters is not a good look.

And while Hauck had great DEs last time he was here, that doesn’t say a damn thing about the 2018 season. We have what we have, and we are shallow in pretty much all positions but WR now. Just because Hauck is here that doesn’t mean we magically return to a playoff perennial.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Without a doubt this happens during every transition, but at the same time, chasing off 2 successful starters is not a good look.

And while Hauck had great DEs last time he was here, that doesn’t say a damn thing about the 2018 season. We have what we have, and we are shallow in pretty much all positions but WR now. Just because Hauck is here that doesn’t mean we magically return to a playoff perennial.

..oh really?

Back