• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

College Admissions Scandal: Top Coaches Involved

griz4life said:
Meanwhile, Seth Bodnar stands under a streetlight in a cocktail dress just hoping to boost enrollment.

yeah, it is amazing how far um has fallen. but bobby's back, the new president was smart or lucky enough to bail from g.e. before it took a total nose dive, greenie has taken offense to the 'treatment' of robert kraft, and cda has proven he's no 13.75-ish year wonder. so it will all be better soon.

cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
Who in hell would pay money to get into Texas? That bar was set low years ago.

Actually Texas is a pretty damn good school, and a lot of Kids get turned away.
GW Bush got turned away because of academics, he had to resort to daddy getting him into Yale through bribery. They must have some standards at UT.

Documentation?
It's very well documented, his 1970 application to the university of Texas was rejected. And he got into Yale on a legacy, affirmative action application. He had a 1206 sat score. He couldn't get into Montana State on his own without daddy, just like Trump and Kushner. Google it yourself.

Wondered how my old ACT scores stacked up against the SAT, and found out the SAT has changed. Pre-2016 max was 2400(avg. 1500). The new max is now 1600(avg. 1000). Bell curve, 50th percentile is average, normal standard deviation. For all you ACT people, the following is a general idea of equivalents from ACT Composite score to new SAT:
ACT 20 is SAT 1040
ACT 21 is SAT 1080
ACT 22 is SAT 1110
FYI.

indian-outlaw said:
cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Actually Texas is a pretty damn good school, and a lot of Kids get turned away.
GW Bush got turned away because of academics, he had to resort to daddy getting him into Yale through bribery. They must have some standards at UT.

Documentation?
It's very well documented, his 1970 application to the university of Texas was rejected. And he got into Yale on a legacy, affirmative action application. He had a 1206 sat score. He couldn't get into Montana State on his own without daddy, just like Trump and Kushner. Google it yourself.

Not gonna do it. Put your political crap like that in the Political Forum.

cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:
cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:

Documentation?

Looks like somebody hit a nerve with c(conservative)clarkblues!!

tourist said:
Wondered how my old ACT scores stacked up against the SAT, and found out the SAT has changed. Pre-2016 max was 2400(avg. 1500). The new max is now 1600(avg. 1000). Bell curve, 50th percentile is average, normal standard deviation. For all you ACT people, the following is a general idea of equivalents from ACT Composite score to new SAT:
ACT 20 is SAT 1040
ACT 21 is SAT 1080
ACT 22 is SAT 1110
FYI.

Isn't the "new" SAT scoring just the old SAT scoring? The window of 2400 was brief, no?

Plainsman said:
cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:
cclarkblues said:
Documentation?

Denial seems to be the prevailing wind for some. Growing up around missile silos, I even thought the Russians were an adversary.

AllWeatherFan said:
Weird, I've never seen politics brought up inappropriately in this forum before.

:lol:

Nothing politcal came up until a mod asked for documentation and was rebuffed. The post was about the perks of privilege.

goatcreekgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Weird, I've never seen politics brought up inappropriately in this forum before.

:lol:

Nothing politcal came up until a mod asked for documentation and was rebuffed. The post was about the perks of privilege.

Let's just say the remedy for this "violation" isn't 100% evenly enforced... :lol:

An interesting perspective - just be honest about it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/admissions-scandal-shows-real-goal-elite-colleges/584968/

AllWeatherFan said:
An interesting perspective - just be honest about it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/admissions-scandal-shows-real-goal-elite-colleges/584968/

A lot of truth in this article. I did well at UM and had a good board score, but only got into my grad program because I was from Havre and wasn’t rich. I was admitted because of a desire for diversity.

Plainsman said:
cclarkblues said:
indian-outlaw said:
cclarkblues said:
Documentation?

Haha, political crap? This thread is about corrupt college admissions.. GW is the poster child for that.

CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
ACT 20 is SAT 1040
ACT 21 is SAT 1080
ACT 22 is SAT 1110
FYI.

Isn't the "new" SAT scoring just the old SAT scoring? The window of 2400 was brief, no?

No, at least not as I read it. I came across the new/old SATs last night. Looks like the old 2400 system is no more, in favor of the 1600 point system. They referred to the Pre-2016 SAT. That infers it was long standing, not brief, and only change occurred in 2016.,

goatcreekgriz said:
]Growing up around missile silos, I even thought the Russians were an adversary.
goatcreekgriz said:
I did well at UM and had a good board score, but only got into my grad program because I was from Havre and wasn’t rich. I was admitted because of a desire for diversity.

When I got in, anyone who graduated from a Montana high school was accepted. :lol:
I grew up around the silos, at one point living within half a mile of one of the holes. Always figured if the end was coming, grab the lawn chair and whiskey, and get a good view of the incoming. No sense running.

tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
ACT 20 is SAT 1040
ACT 21 is SAT 1080
ACT 22 is SAT 1110
FYI.

No, at least not as I read it. I came across the new/old SATs last night. Looks like the old 2400 system is no more, in favor of the 1600 point system. They referred to the Pre-2016 SAT. That infers it was long standing, not brief, and only change occurred in 2016.,

2400 was 2006-2015, right?
2005 and before, and 2016-present is 1600.
So there were 10 years where it was 2400, I believe.

Not sure when you took it, but mine was well before 2016, and it was out of 1600, like it had been for decades before...

EDIT: here we go, not sure if my dates are 100% correct.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...oint-scale-drop-essay-requirement?context=amp

CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
ACT 20 is SAT 1040
ACT 21 is SAT 1080
ACT 22 is SAT 1110
FYI.

Not sure when you took it, but mine was well before 2016, and it was out of 1600, like it had been for decades before...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...oint-scale-drop-essay-requirement?context=amp

Late '60s, ACT. I didn't see the decade of higher SAT required scores, but then again, it was late night, and I'd missed my nap. I did see that the current MSU requirement is SAT of 1200(UM 1170). That would make indian griz a politically motivated liar.

tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Late '60s, ACT. I didn't see the decade of higher SAT required scores, but then again, it was late night, and I'd missed my nap. I did see that the current MSU requirement is SAT of 1200(UM 1170). That would make indian griz a politically motivated liar.

Maybe recheck your research. I don’t think any of it is correct.

tourist said:
goatcreekgriz said:
]Growing up around missile silos, I even thought the Russians were an adversary.
goatcreekgriz said:
I did well at UM and had a good board score, but only got into my grad program because I was from Havre and wasn’t rich. I was admitted because of a desire for diversity.

When I got in, anyone who graduated from a Montana high school was accepted. :lol:
I grew up around the silos, at one point living within half a mile of one of the holes. Always figured if the end was coming, grab the lawn chair and whiskey, and get a good view of the incoming. No sense running.

"You can run if you want, but you'll just die tired."

When I got in all you needed as an international student was a 65%, so I got out of high school with a 67.2% (which my smart ass Grade 11 son, throws in my face when I get on him about being lazy AF). I used to think it was so low because they knew how much better other country's schools were compared to the US, I have since wised up and realised they just liked my international student tuition cheques. LOL

Ain't it a bitch when the kids show you your qualifications visa vis theirs. What goes 'round, comes 'round. :lol: :lol: :lol: You must be doin' something right.

Back