• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

SoldierGriz said:
Jesse said:
I think we are learning more everyday with the release of more evidence/papers from the former administration how corrupt it was. It will be interesting to finally see what Trump talked to Putin about in Helsinki. That was the summit where Trumps people seized all of the interpreters notes. Why do you think they did that and as a military guy what was your impression about how the Vindman brothers military careers were dealt with?

Vindman is a turd.

Trump understood that international institutions are largely a waste of time and American money. The UN, World Bank, G-7, WHO etc...

Ask yourself - what war, conflict, or issue (social / diplomatic / information...) have these institutions prevented or mitigated. They are helpless bureaucracies with no real authority because there is no global authority - not one.

Nations will always behave in ways that are most favorable to them. Always. Except the U.S. under Liberal leaders who are willing to extract wealth from the American people in order to fund feel good international campaigns. Nonsense. What do these efforts yield for the American people?

Biden's faith in these international institutions will lead to more American expenditures, less American influence, and a weaker military.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GrizLA said:
Jesse said:
How did you make your determination? Trump has thrown the entire election process in to chaos without any substantive evidence. His own DOJ led by William Barr stated after the election that they found not substantial evidence of fraud that would over turned the election. How does Trumps behavior show you that he cares about the country? Thanks
I believe you are confusing a "rolling eyes" emoji with something else. I agree entirely with your view of the previous administration. I've also been around for 75 years and know that this country is in trouble when the politicians who tried to undo an open and free election now cling to the flag and their peculiar version of patriotism..

So you really must be excited for the Maricopa audit. Be interesting to see if physical ballots match up with electronic count.

PhxGriz said:
GrizLA said:
I believe you are confusing a "rolling eyes" emoji with something else. I agree entirely with your view of the previous administration. I've also been around for 75 years and know that this country is in trouble when the politicians who tried to undo an open and free election now cling to the flag and their peculiar version of patriotism..

So you really must be excited for the Maricopa audit. Be interesting to see if physical ballots match up with electronic count.
They are at work in Big Fork as we speak. Big Fork , Montana that is, which is noooooo where close to AZ.

fanofzoo said:
PhxGriz said:
They are at work in Big Fork as we speak. Big Fork , Montana that is, which is noooooo where close to AZ.

I saw that. Inspecting the digital images of the election equipment.

Still about 80% wearing masks in grocery stores/businesses around me. Took the kids to pick up some sandos yesterday so I could watch the US Open without having to make anything for them. They were shocked when I told them it was OK to go inside without masks. The younger one has attended more days of school in her life with a mask on than without. It has just become a habit for people, I guess. Meanwhile, I'm on the 12th floor of an office building (that still requires masks) staring at a CVS with a sign that says, "Free COVID vaccine". Seems like a good deal, although, you may have to get it from Dirty Mike and The Boys in the alley behind.

CDAGRIZ said:
Still about 80% wearing masks in grocery stores/businesses around me. Took the kids to pick up some sandos yesterday so I could watch the US Open without having to make anything for them. They were shocked when I told them it was OK to go inside without masks. The younger one has attended more days of school in her life with a mask on than without. It has just become a habit for people, I guess. Meanwhile, I'm on the 12th floor of an office building (that still requires masks) staring at a CVS with a sign that says, "Free COVID vaccine". Seems like a good deal, although, you may have to get it from Dirty Mike and The Boys in the alley behind.

i still see a lot. a young lady working at the pool where i swim laps in the morning was wearing one, even though she is vaccinated, the pool is outdoors, and for all practical purposes, given open doors and large windows, so is the office. she said she dealt with a lot of people at the front desk, and was going to continue to wear it for now. i'm sure not, but i think they are going to be here to stay, in the same way they've been in asian countries for the past 20+ years, ever since sars. without a doubt, if people wear them when they have some transmissible illness, even a cold, it will cut down some on the spread of disease. of course, that might not be all good, as it has been hypothesized, somewhat convincingly, that living in a place that is too 'clean' might result in more autoimmune diseases, since the immune system apparently needs something to do every now and again to keep operating normally. whatever, though, my main point is that i think masks will become a fairly common sight from now on, pandemic or not.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

i still see a lot. a young lady working at the pool where i swim laps in the morning was wearing one, even though she is vaccinated, the pool is outdoors, and for all practical purposes, given open doors and large windows, so is the office. she said she dealt with a lot of people at the front desk, and was going to continue to wear it for now. i'm sure not, but i think they are going to be here to stay, in the same way they've been in asian countries for the past 20+ years, ever since sars. without a doubt, if people wear them when they have some transmissible illness, even a cold, it will cut down some on the spread of disease. of course, that might not be all good, as it has been hypothesized, somewhat convincingly, that living in a place that is too 'clean' might result in more autoimmune diseases, since the immune system apparently needs something to do every now and again to keep operating normally. whatever, though, my main point is that i think masks will become a fairly common sight from now on, pandemic or not.

I think your main point is correct. I was listening to a podcast a few months ago and a guy had a bit about how chicks' noses are going to become the new thing because they've been covered for so long. "Damn, did you see that chick's nose? That was so hot!"

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

I think your main point is correct. I was listening to a podcast a few months ago and a guy had a bit about how chicks' noses are going to become the new thing because they've been covered for so long. "Damn, did you see that chick's nose? That was so hot!"

i know a couple people, including myself, who put off dental work for months because masks hid temporary crowns and such. if someone has a cold sore or similar issue, hiding it now becomes an option. i'm ok with that.

CDAGRIZ said:

Our grocery stores and CVS's have made it optional. The only place I've been in the past four weeks where it was mandatory still was in the airport and on airplanes.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Our grocery stores and CVS's have made it optional. The only place I've been in the past four weeks where it was mandatory still was in the airport and on airplanes.

Same. Most places they're not required, but people are still wearing them. Fine with me, but I'm out there, Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it.

CDAGRIZ said:
Masks no longer mandatory indoors in most places as of today in CA. Feels weird. Wife said she diagnosed two new cases yesterday and one new one already today. I get that some people are huge anti-vaxxers, but how are normal people still not vaccinated?

Meanwhile, 300 million Americans have not contracted Covid, vaccinated or not.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Masks no longer mandatory indoors in most places as of today in CA. Feels weird. Wife said she diagnosed two new cases yesterday and one new one already today. I get that some people are huge anti-vaxxers, but how are normal people still not vaccinated?

It's a goddamned Christmas miracle, I tell ya. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

*have not tested positive for

I think I read an estimate weeks ago that ~70% are vaccinated and/or have natural immunity from getting it. I personally think I had it in December 2019 over the holidays. I was beat. Slept for like 22 hours. Was never tested, so can't be sure. I still got the two gov't tracking devices implanted just in case because my wife told me to. When she needs advice on running the fryers at this Wendy's, she can ask me.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I get your point, but I would bet quite a few caught the virus, but had enough acquired immunity to keep it from going full on sick.

While COVID was called novel, there were enough similarities to other cold viruses that offered some level of protection.

AZGrizFan said:
MikeyGriz said:

It's a goddamned Christmas miracle, I tell ya. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, all the precautions and vaccines had nothing to do with it. the level of genius on egriz is truly something to behold.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This is not true.

PhxGriz said:
GrizLA said:

Stupidity such as that is hard to not admire. It takes brains to be that dumb...

SoldierGriz said:
Jesse said:
I think we are learning more everyday with the release of more evidence/papers from the former administration how corrupt it was. It will be interesting to finally see what Trump talked to Putin about in Helsinki. That was the summit where Trumps people seized all of the interpreters notes. Why do you think they did that and as a military guy what was your impression about how the Vindman brothers military careers were dealt with?

Vindman is a turd.

Trump understood that international institutions are largely a waste of time and American money. The UN, World Bank, G-7, WHO etc...

Ask yourself - what war, conflict, or issue (social / diplomatic / information...) have these institutions prevented or mitigated. They are helpless bureaucracies with no real authority because there is no global authority - not one.

Nations will always behave in ways that are most favorable to them. Always. Except the U.S. under Liberal leaders who are willing to extract wealth from the American people in order to fund feel good international campaigns. Nonsense. What do these efforts yield for the American people?

Biden's faith in these international institutions will lead to more American expenditures, less American influence, and a weaker military.

and here i thought our army representatives understood the value of 'allies', especially given the number of bases the u.s. has around the world.

Latest posts

Back