• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Creighton

CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:
Down 18. Griz are still not at that next level. I know Creighton is a decent mid-major, but it's still Creighton. I thought it'd be a better showing.

The BIG EAST is not mid-major these are big time teams 2 of last 3 National Titles

You're right... Creighton is not really considered a mid-major I guess, but they are hardly a "big-time" team. Not meaning to rag on the Griz...love these guys, but getting beat by over 20+, I would not consider that a "good loss".

grizbro said:
Gonzaga will roll them.

I think they will get beat but not rolled. If they shoot this well from 3 and are at home it could be a good ball game. I don't think their defense is good enough to win though and Gonzaga is much bigger inside which could be an Achilles heal for Creighton.

Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:
Down 18. Griz are still not at that next level. I know Creighton is a decent mid-major, but it's still Creighton. I thought it'd be a better showing.

The BIG EAST is not mid-major these are big time teams 2 of last 3 National Titles

You're right... Creighton is not really considered a mid-major I guess, but they are hardly a "big-time" team. Not meaning to rag on the Griz...love these guys, but getting beat by over 20+, I would not consider that a "good loss".

2/5 starters down? I’d say it’s a fucking miracle we’re not down 35.

Tough road to hoe missing 2 starters. Hung tough for a bit, but alas. Creighton does what the Griz do on offense and defense, but at a little higher level. Griz are shooting roughly 50% from three - good! Free throw shooting - not so good... I think we can call it trouble-some.

Well, not the game I was hoping for. But I think we showed ok considering missing two of our main guys. Love this team and this is a great team we competed with for a half!

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:

2/5 starters down? I’d say it’s a f***[*] miracle we’re not down 35.

You really think those 2 would have made that much of a difference? You can't get beat by 26 and claim a moral victory just because you missing a starter or 2. Sorry I'm being so negative, but that is not a good look. I'm just really bummed as I was badly hoping for a good game.

Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:

I would definitely say Creighton could be considered a “big team”. I’m pretty sure they’ve had 18 seasons out of the last 20 with 20 wins or more. Without Falls and Akoh, we played alright. Definitely could’ve been better though.

Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:

Yeah that are not a Blue Blood, but they would be a top 4 PAC 12 program year in year out probably top 4 program in SEC as well. Tonight was kinda what I thought would happen, this team is special but we are not playing D like last year especially without Akoh. Last year we hold these guys to 80 and give ourselves a chance down the stretch. This team has a higher ceiling than last year, but so far Dorsey looks slow and plodding, and I was never a believer in Kramer and he looks like he has some motor skill issues lol not much better than the Besovic guy from last year, but I think there is hope for Anderson he looks like a real athlete, but looks like things are moving a bit to fast for him right now a lot of fumbling the ball and looking late to recognize stuff. If Dorsey gets in better game shape and develops and either Anderson or Kramer can develop as a legit D presence behind Akoh by the end of the year we will be a notch better than last year come tourney time.

If I remember right, we had poor free throw shooting at the beginning of the season, last year. We improve as the season went along, last year. We need some serious work on free throws.

I think they really underestimated Creightons shooters.Moved over in help and left players wide open over & over....98 pts to say it is disappointing is under statment

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:

2/5 starters down? I’d say it’s a f***[*] miracle we’re not down 35.

Truth. Come on, dudes. Enjoy this ride, despite the score disparity. There was some actual good on this trip.

UMFan12 said:
Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Griz2k said:

I would definitely say Creighton could be considered a “big team”. I’m pretty sure they’ve had 18 seasons out of the last 20 with 20 wins or more. Without Falls and Akoh, we played alright. Definitely could’ve been better though.

I agree we got smashed tonight, certainly not a good loss. We didn't play bad but were just over matched, sounds strange but I think the biggest thing we were missing is Krizlovic he was a really tough guy to move in the lane and now I pray on every rebound that goes up cause our guys are getting blown out of the lane and to get rebounds it need to just bounce to us

CleanHOUSE said:
UMFan12 said:
Griz2k said:
CleanHOUSE said:

I agree we got smashed tonight, certainly not a good loss. We didn't play bad but were just over matched, sounds strange but I think the biggest thing we were missing is Krizlovic he was a really tough guy to move in the lane and now I pray on every rebound that goes up cause our guys are getting blown out of the lane and to get rebounds it need to just bounce to us

I think my worry is there is a very real possibility the Griz lose the next 4 out of 5 leading into conference play and that's a tough pill to swallow. Guess I'm just disappointed that it wasn't a better showing tonight. But I do understand your point that Creighton is a good team and we were down 2 starters.

Not really 2 starters
If Akoh starts doesn’t Falls come off bench?
Pridgett starts right
But 2 big contributors

Good display by the Griz considering the missing duo IMO. Disappointed that we didn't address the loss of size in Krislovic and to a lesser extent Nicholas in the off-season. But this is the team we've got, and think they will do very very well this year. One concern is that Rorie seems to go missing against better opposition. Was good to see Pridgett have a career night. Griz can beat that team with our full squad, especially on a neutral court.

Back