• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante’s official game thread

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dante played 7-10 yards deep on most of the drive, dropping back into coverage several times.
Thank you for the updates. I tried to get live stats from the official website and it was unresponsive.
Yep. Tried every trick I could think of, and ... Nada.

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dante played 7-10 yards deep on most of the drive, dropping back into coverage several times.

Thank you for the updates. I tried to get live stats from the official website and it was unresponsive.

Me too...oh shit, jus made this political :mrgreen:

IdaGriz01 said:
PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yep. Tried every trick I could think of, and ... Nada.
Even ESPN’s game feed doesn’t credit tackles in the game play by play feed....

Seems to me that he is playing pretty well. The West's defensive line is not preventing the East offensive linemen from making direct contact with the linebackers. When he got ran over it was because the offensive lineman was on him blocking him backward and the running back was in the lineman's hip pocket. To me it was not Dante missing a tackle but the defensive lineman not even slowing the offensive lineman down. Dante would have had to make a great play to stop the running back. On the missed tackle I think he underestimated the speed of the player and took a poor angle.

alabamagrizzly said:
Must be halftime?

Nope. 3rd quarter almost done. Dante played one series...ball didn’t come his way but once. East just punted back to West, so he’ll be in next time East has the ball.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Must be halftime?

Nope. 3rd quarter almost done. Dante played one series...ball didn’t come his way but once. East just punted back to West, so he’ll be in next time East has the ball.

Thanks again for the updates. It sounds like all in all, he’s having a decent showing. It’s hard to judge from these games also with the severely limited schemes. Usually more is shown to the scouts in the week of practice.

East just scored a TD and 53 held Dante but no call. The announcer even acknowledged it that he was held. They just don't call that in these games.

Watched the whole game, hard to call because it's an exhibition game, but he looked pretty average. Made the tackles he should have made, didn't stand out unless you were a GRIZ fan, so superstar in my house.

Back