• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante’s official game thread

cclarkblues said:
alabamagrizzly said:
cclarkblues said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Funny but actually that game was not on tv. The only way to view it was on the FloFootball website that you had to pay $20 just for the single game viewing. Probably only parents were the only ones that even seen the game.

I must have imagined I was watching it on NFL network.

You guys watched the Tropical Bowl on tv last year? Why and how? Certainly not on the NFL network.

Was Dante in the Tropical Bowl last year? News to me.

No but you said you watched it on the nfl network last year so I was wondering how and why.

Unlike some posters, I only commented on the bowl game in the thread heading. Don't know why you brought up something else from last year.

cclarkblues said:
Unlike some posters, I only commented on the bowl game in the thread heading. Don't know why you brought up something else from last year.

Ok, I’ll end this here then. Have a nice day.

Does anyone know why all-world Sterk didn't register any stats, and apparently didn't play much, at least not in the first half? Hurt? Not good enough? Social media infraction? The scheme? Ha.

PlayerRep said:
Does anyone know why all-world Sterk didn't register any stats, and apparently didn't play much, at least not in the first half? Hurt? Not good enough? Social media infraction? The scheme? Ha.

I watched the game. He was in quite a bit...but to be honest, the D linemen really didn't do a whole lot. They were getting moved off the ball by the East O-linemen pretty regularly, plus having to play a pretty vanilla defense didn't help. He didn't look "overmatched", but he certainly didn't stand out either.

alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:
Absolutely, I wasn't trying to bad mouth Dante, the kids a stud and a great person. I just meant he didn't have any highlight stats.

Sask, what you talkin’ about!? You’ve bad mouthed every single Griz at one point or another. :D Just kidding. I have a friend who’s son went to one of these last year, not one of the big ones, one in Orlando. He said the scouts were there all week in practice and then left Friday. Not a single one of them showed up for the game.
Because they watched it on TV!

Funny but actually that game was not on tv. The only way to view it was on the FloFootball website that you had to pay $20 just for the single game viewing. Probably only parents were the only ones that even seen the game.

My son was invited to a couple of these senior bowls this year and chose the Tropical because it was the earliest one. As far as the scouts go its the same for all of the bowl games. They are all there for the practices and about half of them stay for the game. The NFL teams that are interested in certain players are allotted time to interview them one on one.

Merkleman said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Sask, what you talkin’ about!? You’ve bad mouthed every single Griz at one point or another. :D Just kidding. I have a friend who’s son went to one of these last year, not one of the big ones, one in Orlando. He said the scouts were there all week in practice and then left Friday. Not a single one of them showed up for the game.

My son was invited to a couple of these senior bowls this year and chose the Tropical because it was the earliest one. As far as the scouts go its the same for all of the bowl games. They are all there for the practices and about half of them stay for the game. The NFL teams that are interested in certain players are allotted time to interview them one on one.

How did his season go? I saw that it looked good later in the season, when I last looked and then posted on egriz. Didn't look after that. Getting invited to that bowl game was good, obviously. How did he play and what was his experience? I looked his name up on the roster.

PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:

How did his season go? I saw that it looked good later in the season, when I last looked and then posted on egriz. Didn't look after that. Getting invited to that bowl game was good, obviously. How did he play and what was his experience? I looked his name up on the roster.

Good for your son Merk but if he had a choice, I would have chosen a different one based off my friends experience last year. They said the whole week was an absolute sh*t show. I hope with a years experience at running the event, this years was smoother then last. Hopefully he had a good experience and it leads to bigger things.

PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:

Thanks for asking. He had a good season and got off to a great start. Played the Buck/Edge. First game was a wash stat wise as starters only played about 15 plays. Had 11 tackles and a sack week 2 vs Youngstown St. Unfortunately in that game they lost all 3 starting LB's for the season so they switched to 3-4 and he had to play 4I as one of the 3 down lineman the rest of the way.
In 10 games finished with 7.5 sacks.

Fortunately he had a great Senior bowl(They played him out side) so he passed on the 2nd bowl in Mobile.

Had 8 tackles 5TFLs's 4 sacks, 2 strip sacks(One scoop and score)

I attached the highlights below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koKfQkZttWc

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I watched the game. He was in quite a bit...but to be honest, the D linemen really didn't do a whole lot. They were getting moved off the ball by the East O-linemen pretty regularly, plus having to play a pretty vanilla defense didn't help. He didn't look "overmatched", but he certainly didn't stand out either.

He doesn't really care... He just wants to talk shit.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

What ARE you talking about?

Merkleman said:
PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Thanks for asking. He had a good season and got off to a great start. Played the Buck/Edge. First game was a wash stat wise as starters only played about 15 plays. Had 11 tackles and a sack week 2 vs Youngstown St. Unfortunately in that game they lost all 3 starting LB's for the season so they switched to 3-4 and he had to play 4I as one of the 3 down lineman the rest of the way.

Fortunately he had a great Senior bowl(They played him out side) so he passed on the 2nd bowl in Mobile.

Wow, what an awesome game. They couldn't stop him on the edge going outside, nor anywhere else. Thx.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

If anybody believes .001% of what he claims to know, than that's on him.

braves84 said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

What, in recent times, did he claim to know, that wasn't correct?

PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:
PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:

Wow, what an awesome game. They couldn't stop him on the edge going outside, nor anywhere else. Thx.

We didn't want him tho. :roll: :roll:

Washgrizfan1 said:
braves84 said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

The constant criticising comments about sterk, who is a 2 time all conference player, that just got done playing in probably the 2nd best all star game and at the very least will get a NFL camp invite.
Then the comments on Trey Lance who just won the Payton award as a freshmen, would be a backup to a healthy Dalton Sneed for Montana,
And lastly he was chastising people for not knowing the history of mcneese state in the history of 1-aa/fcs, at the same time he didn't know who Jeremiah briscoe is. The guy whowon the Payton in back to back year.

braves84 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:
braves84 said:
SACCAT66 said:

The constant criticising comments about sterk, who is a 2 time all conference player, that just got done playing in probably the 2nd best all star game and at the very least will get a NFL camp invite.
Then the comments on Trey Lance who just won the Payton award as a freshmen, would be a backup to a healthy Dalton Sneed for Montana,
And lastly he was chastising people for not knowing the history of mcneese state in the history of 1-aa/fcs, at the same time he didn't know who Jeremiah briscoe is. The guy whowon the Payton in back to back year.

So, you're mad about his opinions . . . on the internet. :thumb:
On brand.
#bizonation

Back