• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante’s official game thread

SaskGriz said:
Watched the whole game, hard to call because it's an exhibition game, but he looked pretty average. Made the tackles he should have made, didn't stand out unless you were a GRIZ fan, so superstar in my house.

LOL. We ARE spoiled. Dante LED the West team in tackles with 3 solo and 4 assisted. :thumb: :thumb: And that’s with dropping into coverage over half the plays.

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
Watched the whole game, hard to call because it's an exhibition game, but he looked pretty average. Made the tackles he should have made, didn't stand out unless you were a GRIZ fan, so superstar in my house.

LOL. We ARE spoiled. Dante LED the West team in tackles with 3 solo and 4 assisted. :thumb: :thumb: And that’s with dropping into coverage over half the plays.

Ya, like I said, the week of practice is more valuable to thd scouts then the games themselves. The defensive schemes are so limited and hardly no synchrony for thee Ed offense, it’s hard to tell much.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

Ya, like I said, the week of practice is more valuable to thd scouts then the games themselves. The defensive schemes are so limited and hardly no synchrony for thee Ed offense, it’s hard to tell much.
Absolutely, I wasn't trying to bad mouth Dante, the kids a stud and a great person. I just meant he didn't have any highlight stats.

SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

Absolutely, I wasn't trying to bad mouth Dante, the kids a stud and a great person. I just meant he didn't have any highlight stats.
Also it has to be extremely tough getting into a groove playing every other series!

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
LOL. We ARE spoiled. Dante LED the West team in tackles with 3 solo and 4 assisted. :thumb: :thumb: And that’s with dropping into coverage [on] over half the plays.
We used our recording to run through a kind of highlight reel focused on Dante. The number of times he had a coverage assignment was one of three things that struck me. But I do not recall him making a single pass breakup because I don't think they ever went to his man.

Secondly, most of the running plays seemed to be going away from Dante when he was in that coverage. Not all of them by any means, but enough to make us wonder if that was on purpose. That's probably just us, of course ... it's more likely they were just running behind OL guys who had looked good in practice.

The third feature was totally expected: At the end of every play, there was Dante ... either helping with the stop or poised ready to pounce. Didn't matter where he was when the play started, he was there at the end.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
LOL. We ARE spoiled. Dante LED the West team in tackles with 3 solo and 4 assisted. :thumb: :thumb: And that’s with dropping into coverage [on] over half the plays.
We used our recording to run through a kind of highlight reel focused on Dante. The number of times he had a coverage assignment was one of three things that struck me. But I do not recall him making a single pass breakup because I don't think they ever went to his man.

Secondly, most of the running plays seemed to be going away from Dante when he was in that coverage. Not all of them by any means, but enough to make us wonder if that was on purpose. That's probably just us, of course ... it's more likely they were just running behind OL guys who had looked good in practice.

The third feature was totally expected: At the end of every play, there was Dante ... either helping with the stop or poised ready to pounce. Didn't matter where he was when the play started, he was there at the end.

Those are all very good observations. WE all know why point number 3 is though. Any athlete in a Griz uni would have been the same. His coverage abilities were probably the most important place to excel in. I hope they already know he can tackle. I’m sure coverage is his biggest question mark from the scouts.

Saturday, he led the West with seven tackles in the East's 31-27 win in the East-West Shrine Bowl. Olson made three solo stops and added four assists to lead his defense.

Montana State's Bryce Sterk, a defensive end on the West team, was not credited with any statistics."

Today's Missoulian.

SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

Sask, what you talkin’ about!? You’ve bad mouthed every single Griz at one point or another. :D Just kidding. I have a friend who’s son went to one of these last year, not one of the big ones, one in Orlando. He said the scouts were there all week in practice and then left Friday. Not a single one of them showed up for the game.

alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sask, what you talkin’ about!? You’ve bad mouthed every single Griz at one point or another. :D Just kidding. I have a friend who’s son went to one of these last year, not one of the big ones, one in Orlando. He said the scouts were there all week in practice and then left Friday. Not a single one of them showed up for the game.
Because they watched it on TV!

Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Funny but actually that game was not on tv. The only way to view it was on the FloFootball website that you had to pay $20 just for the single game viewing. Probably only parents were the only ones that even seen the game.

alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:

Funny but actually that game was not on tv. The only way to view it was on the FloFootball website that you had to pay $20 just for the single game viewing. Probably only parents were the only ones that even seen the game.

I guess I just imagined watching it on TV. :geek: :geek:

alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:

I must have imagined I was watching it on NFL network.

cclarkblues said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You guys watched the Tropical Bowl on tv last year? Why and how? Certainly not on the NFL network.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yup

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:

Yup

My bad. I thought we were still talking about the E/W Shrine game.... :ugeek:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yup

My bad. I thought we were still talking about the E/W Shrine game.... :ugeek:

Kinda figured so. Sorry for the dickish comment. Can’t help myself sometimes :twisted: .

alabamagrizzly said:
cclarkblues said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Dillon said:

You guys watched the Tropical Bowl on tv last year? Why and how? Certainly not on the NFL network.

Was Dante in the Tropical Bowl last year? News to me.

Back