• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAMEDAY!

He got fouled pretty hard on a layup against Idaho, but there was no call. The dude pretty much shoved Akoh to the ground and he landed pretty awkwardly on his knee. Nothing serious but apparently it is still pretty stiff and he wasn't moving well during warm-ups. He's out for the night.

Pffftttttt more contact on that layup attempt by Oguine than the foul that was called on him going for the loose ball. If the damn refs want to "reign in the pysicality" they should have been calling EWU on grabbing UM every time they went on a break away the first few minutes of the game.

GoldenEagle said:
EAGS are getting homered. That was a gift foul against Gibson. Pathetic!
Currently, 9 fouls called against the EWUs, 11 vs the Griz ... with 14 foul tries for the Eags, 7 for the Griz. Yep, real home cookin'. :lol:

Haven't been able to watch the Griz much this year. Am watching tonight on Pluto. Question: Do the Griz even, or ever, run offensive sets? It looks to me like they just pass it around the perimeter until someone decides to jack a three or go one on one. Really ugly.

Plainsman said:
Haven't been able to watch the Griz much this year. Am watching tonight on Pluto. Question: Do the Griz even, or ever, run offensive sets? It looks to me like they just pass it around the perimeter until someone decides to jack a three or go one on one. Really ugly.

Their offense typically runs inside out via Akoh. He's out, so that is hurting the offensive flow a bit. The shots they're taking from 3 are open shots. That same offense looked amazing against Idaho a couple nights ago because they were hitting the 3s at a higher rate.

Had a chance the last 4 mins of the half to really extend that lead out. Instead, it’s down to 7

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Plainsman said:

Their offense typically runs inside out via Akoh. He's out, so that is hurting the offensive flow a bit. The shots they're taking from 3 are open shots. That same offense looked amazing against Idaho a couple nights ago because they were hitting the 3s at a higher rate.

Thanks for the information. So I take it they are very reliant on Akoh being healthy. A lot riding on one player.

Plainsman said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Plainsman said:

Thanks for the information. So I take it they are very reliant on Akoh being healthy. A lot riding on one player.

Sort of. They tend to go with the hot hand too. I'm willing to bet we're going to see more of an emphasis on the mid-range game from Rorie and slashing and driving to the hoop by Oguine. They're also great when they're able to get out in transition, but EWU hasn't had very many turnovers.

The young bigs are still young, raw and foul prone. EWU tends to give TDC's Griz teams fits every year, no matter who is on the floor. The game will probably be nip and tuck the rest of the way.

Back