• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAMEDAY!

Plainsman said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Plainsman said:
Haven't been able to watch the Griz much this year. Am watching tonight on Pluto. Question: Do the Griz even, or ever, run offensive sets? It looks to me like they just pass it around the perimeter until someone decides to jack a three or go one on one. Really ugly.

Their offense typically runs inside out via Akoh. He's out, so that is hurting the offensive flow a bit. The shots they're taking from 3 are open shots. That same offense looked amazing against Idaho a couple nights ago because they were hitting the 3s at a higher rate.

Thanks for the information. So I take it they are very reliant on Akoh being healthy. A lot riding on one player.

Well, he’s the best big man in the conference, so yeah, they do rely upon him.

That said, you and I view the GRIZ offense substantially different.

EverettGriz said:
Plainsman said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Plainsman said:
Haven't been able to watch the Griz much this year. Am watching tonight on Pluto. Question: Do the Griz even, or ever, run offensive sets? It looks to me like they just pass it around the perimeter until someone decides to jack a three or go one on one. Really ugly.

Their offense typically runs inside out via Akoh. He's out, so that is hurting the offensive flow a bit. The shots they're taking from 3 are open shots. That same offense looked amazing against Idaho a couple nights ago because they were hitting the 3s at a higher rate.

Thanks for the information. So I take it they are very reliant on Akoh being healthy. A lot riding on one player.

Well, he’s the best big man in the conference, so yeah, they do rely upon him.

That said, you and I view the GRIZ offense substantially different.

How do you view it?

For someone who scored 41 points his last game, it doesn't look like Davison has much to his game than taking running layups to his left with his left hand. Had must quite a few and finally made one with some help on a double screen down low.

Nice that the Griz are maintaining an okay lead. But it would be even better if they didn't let crappy (8-14) teams hang around.

IdaGriz01 said:
Nice that the Griz are maintaining an okay lead. But it would be even better if they didn't let crappy (8-14) teams hang around.

Especially a crappy team that already beat them.

IdaGriz01 said:

Can't beat everybody by 40 all the time. EWU always gives the Griz trouble anyway. Not sure why. Considering no Akoh, the fact the Griz have kept the lead to around 10 for the most part of pretty darn good.

I think Griz and EWU fans can both agree that Riley was full of shit at the beginning of the game when he called these refs a "great officiating crew." :roll:

Back