• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAMEDAY!

IdaGriz01 said:
This is getting kinda gruesome to follow.

Before Thursday (Feb 7), the Griz were sitting at #99 in the NET, #100 in RPI. They beat a bad team, Idaho (4-19), and drop 10 spots in each ranking: NET 109, RPI 110. Yesterday they beat a “not very good” team, EWU (8-15), and this morning they dropped further:
NET = #113, RPI = 114. :wtf:

I know it's how the numbers are calculated, with a lot based on the opponents records, but it sure looks weird. So if the Griz run the table the rest of the way, I figure they’ll be sitting around #147 in the NET and #150 in RPI at the end of the regular season. :silly:

Happens each and every year, because the bsc is so shitty.

HookedonGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Not surprising. The BSC knows how to protect their princess.

Maybe they would have called a tech if your punk ass players weren't grabbing dudes all game every time a Griz player got by them. Ball don't lie. See you in the tournament.

That was another gift the BSC gave UM. Just admit that the refs were biased against the EAGS. Deep down you must realize the EAGS got homered.

You’re such a piss poor loser. Your girls had plenty of chances to win regardless of shit officiating BOTH WAYS. Tell Davidson not to dribble near half court for 17 seconds to take the final shot and leave no time on the clock. That was just retarded.

Im kinda surprised goldenLooser hasn't complained yet about the flagrant on Gibson for kicking Timmy.... ooops I mean when Timmy was laying on his back and ran into the bottom of Gibson's shoe.

tourist said:
I didn't see the game, so if the officiating was that bad, and you really want to correct the game calling, then eMail or write the BSC and detail what you believe to be a problem. Watch the video again and detail exactly what you saw which was so egregious, with player # and time of the event. Therefore, the review would be efficient, and not waste the time of the reviewing parties. I'm sure that they get their share of generalized bitching from around the league. I would suggest, however, that you leave the writing those who use the English language as an art, not a hammer.

Are you saying that the hammer is not an effective instrument, because we have a few national holidays and championships that says otherwise.
disclaimer: safe techniques to be used at all times.

fanofzoo said:
tourist said:
I didn't see the game, so if the officiating was that bad, and you really want to correct the game calling, then eMail or write the BSC and detail what you believe to be a problem. Watch the video again and detail exactly what you saw which was so egregious, with player # and time of the event. Therefore, the review would be efficient, and not waste the time of the reviewing parties. I'm sure that they get their share of generalized bitching from around the league. I would suggest, however, that you leave the writing those who use the English language as an art, not a hammer.

Are you saying that the hammer is not an effective instrument, because we have a few national holidays and championships that says otherwise.
Try the kind word first. If that don't work, use the hammer approach. That is, ENGLISH AS A HAMMER! Not to be confused with a claw hammer or sledge hammer. Our language has become bastardized over the last few decades.

grizzlyjournal said:
Here's the final shot. It makes sense to hold the ball for a final shot when the game is tied. I've rarely watched a team hold the ball a full 15-18 seconds when they're behind by 1. I'll take Bobby Moorehead in that situation any time.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1094447852854468609[/media]

I mean he got a really good look though, a little floater from in that close is a pretty good shot. If we had the ball I would love seeing Rorie or Pridgett have a look at a floater like that, I would feel pretty good about it.

tourist said:
fanofzoo said:
tourist said:

Try the kind word first. If that don't work, use the hammer approach. That is, ENGLISH AS A HAMMER! Not to be confused with a claw hammer or sledge hammer. Our language has become bastardized over the last few decades.

I believe you are looking for the word, doesn't.

She as a writer has made my life better or at least my English.

EverettGriz said:
Not a lot of class from those ewooers. But then, they're ewooers, so....

There is solid reasoning for the irrational comments made on the subject of the Eagles getting screwed over by the Refs...
Spokane County has a history of lead dust problems and old lead pipes used for drinking water. Lead poisoning was the downfall of the Roman Empire...Could also be the case for the Great Inland Empire as well.
Makes sense to some of the irrational golden tainted shower thinking....Maybe consider getting your gold from a different stream.....:roll:

https://www.khq.com/news/is-lead-in-water-a-concern-in-spokane/article_a53f2065-97fe-5e18-a77e-07ad30b86e6c.html

fanofzoo said:
tourist said:
fanofzoo said:
tourist said:

You are obviously more artful than I. Therefore, YOU write the BSC regarding the shortcomings of their referee pool. :cool:

CleanHOUSE said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Here's the final shot. It makes sense to hold the ball for a final shot when the game is tied. I've rarely watched a team hold the ball a full 15-18 seconds when they're behind by 1. I'll take Bobby Moorehead in that situation any time.

I mean he got a really good look though, a little floater from in that close is a pretty good shot. If we had the ball I would love seeing Rorie or Pridgett have a look at a floater like that, I would feel pretty good about it.

CleanHOUSE: I agree with you (I'd add Oguine to your list). Eastern got a good shot that was off by about 6" to the right. That's not what I'm talking about; I'm talking the statisticall odds of basketball, which show that approximately 1 out of every two shots taken in college basketball is a miss, regardless of where it's taken. Eastern could have run that exact same play at about 23 seconds and, if they missed, would likely get another chance for a final shot. Ironically, that's exactly how the final 30 seconds played out at Cheney in the Montana women's game vs. Eastern. The game is up for replay on "Watch Big Sky." It's a classic comparison: Montana lost, but had two good looks over the final 15 seconds. All I'm saying is that -- 90 % of the time -- college coaches opt for a strategy that allows for a second chance if the first shot doesn't fall. There are a lot of "what-ifs" of course. I was just commenting that most coaches, with 30 seconds left, opt for a quick shot for the go-ahead, and then consider other options when there's less than 10 seconds remaining.

grizzlyjournal said:
CleanHOUSE said:
grizzlyjournal said:

CleanHOUSE: I agree with you (I'd add Oguine to your list). Eastern got a good shot that was off by about 6" to the right. That's not what I'm talking about; I'm talking the statistical odds of basketball, which show that approximately 1 out of every two shots taken in college basketball is a miss, regardless of where it's taken. Eastern could have run that exact same play at about 25-28 seconds and, if they missed, would likely have gotten (all theoretical at this point) another chance for a final shot. Ironically, that's exactly how the final 30 seconds played out at Cheney in the Montana women's game vs. Eastern. The game is up for replay on "Watch Big Sky." It's a classic comparison: Montana lost, but had two good looks over the final 15 seconds. All I'm saying is that -- 90 % of the time in situations with approx 29 seconds remaining, which is what was remaining after Eastern got the ball on Mike Oguine's made ft to put the Griz ahead 75-74 -- college coaches opt for a strategy that allows for a second chance if the first shot doesn't fall. There are a lot of "what-ifs" of course. I was just commenting that most coaches, with 30 seconds left, opt for a quick shot for the go-ahead, and then consider other options when there's less than 10 seconds remaining.

EverettGriz said:
Not a lot of class from those ewooers. But then, they're ewooers, so....
[/quote

I guess UM players taunting the EWU players is classy? You watched the game, you must have seen the UM players behavior.

grizzlyjournal said:
CleanHOUSE said:
grizzlyjournal said:

CleanHOUSE: I agree with you (I'd add Oguine to your list). Eastern got a good shot that was off by about 6" to the right. That's not what I'm talking about; I'm talking the statisticall odds of basketball, which show that approximately 1 out of every two shots taken in college basketball is a miss, regardless of where it's taken. Eastern could have run that exact same play at about 23 seconds and, if they missed, would likely get another chance for a final shot. Ironically, that's exactly how the final 30 seconds played out at Cheney in the Montana women's game vs. Eastern. The game is up for replay on "Watch Big Sky." It's a classic comparison: Montana lost, but had two good looks over the final 15 seconds. All I'm saying is that -- 90 % of the time -- college coaches opt for a strategy that allows for a second chance if the first shot doesn't fall. There are a lot of "what-ifs" of course. I was just commenting that most coaches, with 30 seconds left, opt for a quick shot for the go-ahead, and then consider other options when there's less than 10 seconds remaining.
Nope. Road team saves for the last—and would-be winning—shot. They did it right.

TDC said he realized it would be a dribble-out for the last shot by their best player, and usually he would send a guy to double-team and make him pass early, but the guy he wanted to send was guarding EWU’s best shooter, so he decided to let it play out.

Sorry shower. Didn’t see any taunting.

Your boys walking off the court prior to a handshake the entire league saw, however.

Not that anyone was surprised.

tourist said:
fanofzoo said:
tourist said:
fanofzoo said:

You are obviously more artful than I. Therefore, YOU write the BSC regarding the shortcomings of their referee pool. :cool:
Wouldn't work as I would use the hammer, especially about the ref's.

EverettGriz said:

Your boys walking off the court prior to a handshake the entire league saw, however.

I didn't see any taunting by Griz either. I saw an EWU player who pushed a lot. I saw the black guy who played late do some quasi-dirty stuff, including to Dorsey on the rebound (and for a few seconds after time ran out). And the not shaking hands.

I thought Davison had to pull up and keep the shot/ball back, because he knew Morehead had long arms, was a good defender, and is 6'7". The shot looked awkward to me. Davison is listed as 6'4". I had a great view and could see the shot was way off immediately. I thought it was off more than 6" to the right. I liked how Moorehead went out on him early, poked his right hand at him a few times, and didn't let him just dribble alone to run the clock down. I too thought Davison waited too long to attack.

garizzalies said:
grizzlyjournal said:
CleanHOUSE said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Nope. Road team saves for the last—and would-be winning—shot. They did it right.

TDC said he realized it would be a dribble-out for the last shot by their best player, and usually he would send a guy to double-team and make him pass early, but the guy he wanted to send was guarding EWU’s best shooter, so he decided to let it play out.

Yep. I could be wrong, I admit. That's what makes basketball such a great game. But last night Coach Chantay Legans was also wrong, despite how aggressively his team had been playing during their late-game run. As a Griz fan, I'm glad he decided to have his ace stop the game flow & dribble in place for about 26 of the game's final 30 seconds.

PlayerRep said:
I thought Davison had to pull up and keep the shot/ball back, because he knew Morehead had long arms, was a good defender, and is 6'7". The shot looked awkward to me. Davison is listed as 6'4". I had a great view and could see the shot was way off immediately. I thought it was off more than 6" to the right. I liked how Moorehead went out on him early, poked his right hand at him a few times, and didn't let him just dribble alone to run the clock down. I too thought Davison waited too long to attack.
Wrong, Davison drove, stepped back and had a clear shot over Morehead. He just missed, thats all.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I didn't see any taunting by Griz either. I saw an EWU player who pushed a lot. I saw the black guy who played late do some quasi-dirty stuff, including to Dorsey on the rebound (and for a few seconds after time ran out). And the not shaking hands.

I guess you didn't notice Pridgett's behavior.

At the end of the game I think it was Oguine that blatantly pushed Kim Aiken. I think that was what the refs were looking at at the end of the game. After that kind of poor sportsmanship from UM, I wouldn't expect the EWU players to want to shake hands.

Back