• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAMEDAY!

IdaGriz01 said:
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... I certainly do. But EWU is an 8-15 team ... meaning, not very good (being charitable). As I said, I'm happy for the win, but it's worrisome that the inability of one player to contribute (play) means the Griz barely win against a really crappy opponent. Other players stepped up just enough tonight, at home, to win. But how far will they get when they meet a team that has a player who can neutralize or match Akoh? Bottom line: The other Griz players need to elevate their games (more).
Again, that crappy team already beat the Griz.
Yep. So when the two teams (possibly) meet in Boise, a neutral court ... Who wins? That's all that will matter, in the end.

With luck, the brackets will eliminate a UM-EWU game. Consolation: UM might get an "automatic bid" to the NIT. Whoopee!
I guess i understand what you're saying, but I'm not surprised. Everybody and their mother knew coming into this year we are woefully under-manned down low outside of Akoh and a few raw freshman. I expected it to be a tight game since Akoh couldn't go because EWU had a distinct post advantage with 2 solid bigs down low. Pearling is pretty decent to about 13 feet and Hunt can hit the 3 at a better clip than any of our current players.

I don't like it either, but teams have hung around or got back into it all year. The Griz are what they are at this point in the year.

Jaredkuehn said:
GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Not surprising. The BSC knows how to protect their princess.

Maybe they would have called a tech if your punk ass players weren't grabbing dudes all game every time a Griz player got by them. Ball don't lie. See you in the tournament.

That was another gift the BSC gave UM. Just admit that the refs were biased against the EAGS. Deep down you must realize the EAGS got homered.

Which call exactly was the gift?

I think the ones when the Griz players made shots behind the arc...they gave them 3 points for those...

grizband said:
GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Not surprising. The BSC knows how to protect their princess.

Maybe they would have called a tech if your punk ass players weren't grabbing dudes all game every time a Griz player got by them. Ball don't lie. See you in the tournament.

That was another gift the BSC gave UM. Just admit that the refs were biased against the EAGS. Deep down you must realize the EAGS got homered.
The Eagles were called for 2 more fouls (20-18) than the Griz. I'm not sure how to consider this a gift from the officials.

EWU didn't get homered in the least. That being said, the refs were not very consistent and not very good. At least, the younger guy who was horrible in the first half, didn't blow his whistle as much in the second half. I've noticed 2 of these refs before. They've been bettering previous games.

Moorehead was especially good, but everyone played well or fairly well. Without Akoh, the Griz just aren't a great team. The team seemed to wear down later in the game. I assume that Dorsey isn't yet in game shape to play 29 minutes. Dorsey is good and coming on, but his defense is not as good as the rest of the team, in my view.

Dorsey was 2-9 from 3. Moorhead 4-6. Good think AZ isn't the coach, and would have stopped him from taking 3's. Griz wouldn't have won.

Manuel played on 12 min.

Moorehead had 10 rebounds and Pridgett had 9.

EWU shot 59% and 50% in the second half.

EWU had a 14-2 run later in the game. After 5:48 and until their last shot (missed), EWU scroed 7 possessions in a row, actually were 6-6 and got 2 free throws. Griz answered enough, but couldn't get a stop. Oguine scored the last 7 points, and was 4-5 from the line.

Big win. Fun game. Nice crowd. 5005. The crowd was great later in the game. The best of the season, of the games I've attended.

The little girls, coached by the dance team, were great at halftime. I was impressed with what they had learned and what they can do. Schann Schillinger was taking photos, so I assume his daughter was on the floor.

1. Great win for the GRIZ playing without JA, and playing the final 8 mins without Sayeed who got whistled for four absolute phantom calls by the POS officiating.

2. Anyone claiming it’s an issue that ewooo hung around in this game doesn’t understand college BB. It happens to every program In the country, especially down one of the best players in the league.

3. Winning and remaining in first place is all that matters.

4. Congrats TDC on 100!!

5. The officiating in this conference is a fucking joke.

6. The GRIZ are the only team in America who constantly gets homered at home.

7.golden shower has about as much class as the ewoooo players who left without a handshake. Total asshats. Leggins is a good dude, but he needs to instill that same level of class with his players.

8. Bobby was fantastic tonight.

9. Credit where it’s due: Leggins completely shut down Rorie. It’ll be a muuuuuch different ballgame with Akoh though. Good luck trying that then. Still, a very solid game plan from the ewooo staff.

10. Your first place MONTANA GRIZZLIES always has a nice ring.

11. Beat Weebs.

12. Get us out of the bsc.

EverettGriz said:
1. Great win for the GRIZ playing without JA, and playing the final 8 mins without Sayeed who got whistled for four absolute phantom calls by the POS officiating.

2. Anyone claiming it’s an issue that ewooo hung around in this game doesn’t understand college BB. It happens to every program In the country, especially down one of the best players in the league.

4. Congrats TDC on 100!!

5. The officiating in this conference is a f***[*] joke.

7.golden shower has about as much class as the ewoooo players who left without a handshake. Total asshats. Leggins is a good dude, but he needs to instill that same level of class with his players.

9. Credit where it’s due: Leggins completely shut down Rorie. It’ll be a muuuuuch different ballgame with Akoh though. Good luck trying that then. Still, a very solid game plan from the ewooo staff.

11. Beat Weebs.

Numbers 2 and 3 are dead on. I disagree with people saying we have no depth. Its funny because when we blow teams out, like Idaho, people talk about how much talent we have. We do have a ton of talent. No other Big Sky team is really close. We do have one area where we lack depth (at the 5) but overall we have more than any other BSC team. The problem is the other teams have talent too. Just not as much as we do and therefore any game can be close if we arent playing our best. In fact, we can lose to some teams, EWU and PSU for example. If, however, we play those teams with full rosters we will win almost every time. Hopefully we have a full roster at BSC tourney time as I would bet the team will be motivated and certainly will be the team to beat, which was expected before this season started.

I didn't see the game, so if the officiating was that bad, and you really want to correct the game calling, then eMail or write the BSC and detail what you believe to be a problem. Watch the video again and detail exactly what you saw which was so egregious, with player # and time of the event. Therefore, the review would be efficient, and not waste the time of the reviewing parties. I'm sure that they get their share of generalized bitching from around the league. I would suggest, however, that you leave the writing those who use the English language as an art, not a hammer.

EverettGriz said:

4. Congrats TDC on 100!!

5. The officiating in this conference is a f***[*] joke.

11. Beat Weebs.

I didn't view Rorie as being shut down. He didn't have a great night, but he had 4 assists and 1 TO in 37 minutes. He ran the team very well, as he almost always does. I don't recall any issues with his D. He was only 2-6 shooting, and apparently 0-2 from 3. Also, was 0-2 from the line. EWU plays pretty good D. In my view, only 1 TO by your point guard in 37 minutes is outstanding.

Pr, in basketball parlance, being “shut down” refers to scoring. I agree Rorie played well. But he WAS shut down by ewoo. He struggled to get a decent look all night. With everything else I agree.

tourist said:
I didn't see the game, so if the officiating was that bad, and you really want to correct the game calling, then eMail or write the BSC and detail what you believe to be a problem. Watch the video again and detail exactly what you saw which was so egregious, with player # and time of the event. Therefore, the review would be efficient, and not waste the time of the reviewing parties. I'm sure that they get their share of generalized bitching from around the league. I would suggest, however, that you leave the writing those who use the English language as an art, not a hammer.

If anything, the refs had more blown calls that went against UM than EWU. The refs just had a mediocre to bad night, and one of the refs was horrible the first half. He didn't blow his whistle as much the 2d half. My impression was that the 2 refs I recognized were pretty good refs generally, just not last night. They were so inconsistent. Called some fouls that should never be called against anyone. Blew a number of calls. Missed a number of obvious calls. Made some good calls.

Totally missed the foul on Dorsey's 3 right in front of Griz bench late in game. Dorsey doesn't shoot airballs on 3's that miss the rim by a foot or two. The whole bench, all the coaches, Dorsey and scores of fans in the adjacent crowd reacted immediately. That was a huge no-call at that point of the game. I didn't have a good view the blocking call in front of Griz bench that sent Oguine to the line. Refs missed some EWU travels. As pointed out, they blew some foul calls against Pridgett.

EverettGriz said:
Pr, in basketball parlance, being “shut down” refers to scoring. I agree Rorie played well. But he WAS shut down by ewoo. He struggled to get a decent look all night. With everything else I agree.

In my parlance, shut down does not refer only to the amount scoring (there' are other components, including was the offensive player trying to score), but I understand what you said now. I didn't think Rorie looked for his shot enough, but he was very good at moving the ball around and taking care of it.

Oh how cute! Tourist still believing the bsc actually cares about their fans and the quality of their product!

PlayerRep said:
I didn't have a good view the blocking call in front of Griz bench that sent Oguine to the line. Refs missed some EWU travels. As pointed out, they blew some foul calls against Pridgett.
It was pretty clear on the replay that the EWU player got his body into the path of Oguine but then thrust out his chest to initiate contact. Had the EWU player just got into position, Oguine would probably have run into him and taken the charge. It was a close call but the right one -- and had it happened to a Griz player I would still believe this.

Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
I didn't have a good view the blocking call in front of Griz bench that sent Oguine to the line. Refs missed some EWU travels. As pointed out, they blew some foul calls against Pridgett.
It was pretty clear on the replay that the EWU player got his body into the path of Oguine but then thrust out his chest to initiate contact. Had the EWU player just got into position, Oguine would probably have run into him and taken the charge. It was a close call but the right one -- and had it happened to a Griz player I would still believe this.

Thanks. The ref didn't seem to hesitate on the call.

“I saw my teammate (Dorsey) with an arm around his neck and I just tried to push him off and make sure things were good,” Oguine said. “It escalated and you don’t ever want to see that. It was unfortunate that the game had to end that way. We didn’t shake hands or anything but just wanted to make sure everyone was safe and I just tried to de-escalate the situation.”

As the skirmish concluded, the EWU players went directly to the locker room. I had wondered if a coach or someone had told them to leave the court.

Then, the EWU players came back out a couple minutes later, waiting for the refs to finish their review of video. As soon as the refs signaled game over, the EWU players left the court again. I thought they might stay to shake hands. They didn't run off the court; just walked off.

Moorehead tried to hustle down the court to catch them as they exited, but didn't quite catch them.

The Griz were fired up after the game. Great win.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:

Thanks. The ref didn't seem to hesitate on the call.

From the replay, the EWU player started moving over to the spot at the same time Oguine was making his move.

The EWU player almost did everything right (slid over, planted his feet to become stationary), except he stuck his chest out to initiate contact (as stated above), and he wasn't already in place when Oguine began his move.

If I'm remembering correctly, there was an emphasis on that last year, that the defensive player had to be set BEFORE the offensive player began his move. Since he was moving WITH Oguine (great defensive foot work,kudos to him) and wasn't set BEFORE Oguine began his move, it is a foul.

This is getting kinda gruesome to follow.

Before Thursday (Feb 7), the Griz were sitting at #99 in the NET, #100 in RPI. They beat a bad team, Idaho (4-19), and drop 10 spots in each ranking: NET 109, RPI 110. Yesterday they beat a “not very good” team, EWU (8-15), and this morning they dropped further:
NET = #113, RPI = 114. :wtf:

I know it's how the numbers are calculated, with a lot based on the opponents records, but it sure looks weird. So if the Griz run the table the rest of the way, I figure they’ll be sitting around #147 in the NET and #150 in RPI at the end of the regular season. :silly:

EverettGriz said:
Oh how cute! Tourist still believing the bsc actually cares about their fans and the quality of their product!

:puppy: I was going to change my username to Pollyanna, but...

Back