• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAMEDAY!

AZGrizFan said:
rosco said:
Gotta love homer refs
Homer refs would have let Dorsey tack on a couple more for a technical foul on the douchebag who bear hugged him
Have to agree.

But this was not the Griz's finest hour. They let a really crappy team hang around right to the end ... and could have lost with one call going the other way. Happy for the win, but worried about what it says about the mentality of the team.

Hopefully, this will be another good "teaching moment" for the staff.

GoldenEagle said:
Not surprising. The BSC knows how to protect their princess.

Maybe they would have called a tech if your punk ass players weren't grabbing dudes all game every time a Griz player got by them. Ball don't lie. See you in the tournament.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
rosco said:
Gotta love homer refs
Homer refs would have let Dorsey tack on a couple more for a technical foul on the douchebag who bear hugged him
Have to agree.

But this was not the Griz's finest hour. They let a really crappy team hang around right to the end ... and could have lost with one call going the other way. Happy for the win, but worried about what it says about the mentality of the team.

You do realize they did this without Akoh, right? Not very good depth behind him and guys did what they had to do. Beat them with essentially one hand behind our back and they had the advantage of 2 solid post players against our fill-ins. They took away Rorie, Oguine and there was no Akoh and we still beat them with Pridgett, Morehead and Dorsey.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

Maybe they would have called a tech if your punk ass players weren't grabbing dudes all game every time a Griz player got by them. Ball don't lie. See you in the tournament.
Yep. Only saw snippets live due to our (usual) crappy streaming here. But, I swear, every time I looked in, earlier in the game, an EWU player was grabbing a UM guy to prevent a breakaway. With competent refs, that's generally called a "flagrant 1" -- the old "intentional" foul -- and results in two foul shots and possession of the ball.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

That was another gift the BSC gave UM. Just admit that the refs were biased against the EAGS. Deep down you must realize the EAGS got homered.

GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

That was another gift the BSC gave UM. Just admit that the refs were biased against the EAGS. Deep down you must realize the EAGS got homered.
Nope. See you in the tournament.

MikeyGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:

Just curious, were you watching the game or just listening to the feed like I was?

I was watching the game. If you were listening to the feed then you heard the game from the UM commentator who is just bad.

GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

You’re such a piss poor loser. Your girls had plenty of chances to win regardless of shit officiating BOTH WAYS. Tell Davidson not to dribble near half court for 17 seconds to take the final shot and leave no time on the clock. That was just retarded.

GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

I will play...just like the Griz were homered in Cheney?

GoldenEagle said:
MikeyGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:

Just curious, were you watching the game or just listening to the feed like I was?

I was watching the game. If you were listening to the feed then you heard the game from the UM commentator who is just bad.

If you were watching, then you saw all of the muggings of Griz players by the Eagles that other posters have referred to previously?

GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

The Eagles were called for 2 more fouls (20-18) than the Griz. I'm not sure how to consider this a gift from the officials.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
rosco said:
Gotta love homer refs
Have to agree.

You do realize they did this without Akoh, right? Not very good depth behind him and guys did what they had to do. Beat them with essentially one hand behind our back and they had the advantage of 2 solid post players against our fill-ins. They took away Rorie, Oguine and there was no Akoh and we still beat them with Pridgett, Morehead and Dorsey.
I certainly do. But EWU is an 8-15 team ... meaning, not very good (being charitable). As I said, I'm happy for the win, but it's worrisome that the inability of one player to contribute (play) means the Griz barely win against a really crappy opponent. Other players stepped up just enough tonight, at home, to win. But how far will they get when they meet a team that has a player who can neutralize or match Akoh? Bottom line: The other Griz players need to elevate their games (more).

IdaGriz01 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Have to agree.

I certainly do. But EWU is an 8-15 team ... meaning, not very good (being charitable). As I said, I'm happy for the win, but it's worrisome that the inability of one player to contribute (play) means the Griz barely win against a really crappy opponent. Other players stepped up just enough tonight, at home, to win. But how far will they get when they meet a team that has a player who can neutralize or match Akoh? Bottom line: The other Griz players need to elevate their games (more).

Again, that crappy team already beat the Griz.

grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... I certainly do. But EWU is an 8-15 team ... meaning, not very good (being charitable). As I said, I'm happy for the win, but it's worrisome that the inability of one player to contribute (play) means the Griz barely win against a really crappy opponent. Other players stepped up just enough tonight, at home, to win. But how far will they get when they meet a team that has a player who can neutralize or match Akoh? Bottom line: The other Griz players need to elevate their games (more).
Again, that crappy team already beat the Griz.
Yep. So when the two teams (possibly) meet in Boise, a neutral court ... Who wins? That's all that will matter, in the end.

With luck, the brackets will eliminate a UM-EWU game. Consolation: UM might get an "automatic bid" to the NIT. Whoopee!

Here's the final shot. It makes sense to hold the ball for a final shot when the game is tied. I've rarely watched a team hold the ball a full 15-18 seconds when they're behind by 1. I'll take Bobby Moorehead in that situation any time.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1094447852854468609[/media]

grizzlyjournal said:
Here's the final shot. It makes sense to hold the ball for a final shot when the game is tied. I've rarely watched a team hold the ball a full 15-18 seconds when they're behind by 1. I'll take Bobby Moorehead in that situation any time.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1094447852854468609[/media]

Exactly that was my same point to the whiny bitch Golden Shower. They had their chance, that was bone headed.

GoldenEagle said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GoldenEagle said:

Which call exactly was the gift?

Back