• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ and live streaming 2018

grizpsych said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Sounds like if i order directv I will get all the games?

Not all of them. But you will get most of them.

Sucks moving away from MT. used to get Root which had most of the games. I'll have to figure stuff out I suppose. Directv may be the way to go I suppose.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizpsych said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Sucks moving away from MT. used to get Root which had most of the games. I'll have to figure stuff out I suppose. Directv may be the way to go I suppose.

I live in Colorado and have seen all games the last 3 years. Had to pay extra for sports pack, but so worth it.

Yukon said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizpsych said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

I live in Colorado and have seen all games the last 3 years. Had to pay extra for sports pack, but so worth it.

I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get er done.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
That’s the conclusion I reached a few years ago. I left Montana 17 years ago, and after years of waiting for the streaming options to get better, I finally bit the bullet and got DirecTv a few years ago. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

It is still week-by-week, though. Other than the games on Root, you won’t know which games are getting picked up until the week before. But you will end up getting most of them, and probably all of the good matchups.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
grizpsych said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Root is owned by Directv/At&t. You need to buy the sports pack to get it (600s channels). Plus, you get all ESPN programing (700 to 800 channels). The problem is that SWX doesn't always get picked up nationally. Some games you may need The free tv app, Pluto. Personally, I have computers connected to each tv, so the app isn't a big deal.

Root now has a streaming app for phones. Has anyone tried out this option? I was able to get alocation spoofer to work on the SWX app; but have not been able to bypass the rootsports app.

You can now stream Root TV from their web page. However, you have to allow location access and provide a cable/satellite provider.

Also, except for Root Sports Northwest, all of the other Root Sports channels have now been rebranded as AT&T Sportsnet. Pick your region and then you can watch them online too. Previously, Griz games were on at least two of the four channels.

grizpsych said:
Also, except for Root Sports Northwest, all of the other Root Sports channels have now been rebranded as AT&T Sportsnet. Pick your region and then you can watch them online too. Previously, Griz games were on at least two of the four channels.
Nice! Thanks for the tip. A web application will be much easier to work around the geo-fencing.

grizzliesthetics said:
grizpsych said:
Nice! Thanks for the tip. A web application will be much easier to work around the geo-fencing.

At first blush, it does appear that you will need a vpn to get access. Private browsing did not work.

grizzliesthetics said:
grizpsych said:

Goddamn bastards! Don’t geo-fence me in.

Hey for what it is worth, I did see the other day that ESPN+ has picked up the Western Illinois game. It is a $5/month streaming service....but you can get a free trial for 7 days when you sign up.

Can someone help me understand why SWX won't sell the stream to an outside company? Or for that matter sell the stream of the Northern Iowa game directly to the viewer? Is there some kind of contractual thing that prevents that? I looked at Sidearm Sports website and the Griz aren't even listed as a partner anymore. BIGSKYTV appears to be dead. So fucking stupid. It used to be easy as hell to watch 80% of the Griz games...some online, some on the tv...now its a pain in the ass. And for the record...Fuck AT&T Sports Suck...so sick that I cant watch Root Sports without buying 600+ channels of pure shit.

Okay, thats my rant...i feel better. I have procured 2 games so far this season...plus my visits to tbe bar for Root games. Things are looking up in old Colorado for a Griz fan in the sticks.

emilsson_2000 said:
Hey for what it is worth, I did see the other day that ESPN+ has picked up the Western Illinois game. It is a $5/month streaming service....but you can get a free trial for 7 days when you sign up.

Can someone help me understand why SWX won't sell the stream to an outside company? Or for that matter sell the stream of the Northern Iowa game directly to the viewer? Is there some kind of contractual thing that prevents that? I looked at Sidearm Sports website and the Griz aren't even listed as a partner anymore. BIGSKYTV appears to be dead. So f***[*] stupid. It used to be easy as hell to watch 80% of the Griz games...some online, some on the tv...now its a pain in the ass. And for the record...f*** AT&T Sports Suck...so sick that I cant watch Root Sports without buying 600+ channels of pure shit.

Okay, thats my rant...i feel better. I have procured 2 games so far this season...plus my visits to tbe bar for Root games. Things are looking up in old Colorado for a Griz fan in the sticks.

Also in Colorado. My take on this season so far. I have DISH:

UNI - Altitude 2 (will need to wait until about Aug. 22-23 to see what channel it is. Not worried)
Drake - I'm guessing another Altitude Channel. Will see, but likely.
WIU - espn+ (will subscribe)
Sac St - ROOT (will expand package to get game)
Cal Poly - Pluto stream.
Portland St - worried no servcie
ND - worried no service
UC Davis - worried no service
Southern Utah - ROOT (may go see in person)
Idaho - ROOT
MSU - ROOT

Back