• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ and live streaming 2018

Yukon said:
emilsson_2000 said:
Hey for what it is worth, I did see the other day that ESPN+ has picked up the Western Illinois game. It is a $5/month streaming service....but you can get a free trial for 7 days when you sign up.

Can someone help me understand why SWX won't sell the stream to an outside company? Or for that matter sell the stream of the Northern Iowa game directly to the viewer? Is there some kind of contractual thing that prevents that? I looked at Sidearm Sports website and the Griz aren't even listed as a partner anymore. BIGSKYTV appears to be dead. So f***[*] stupid. It used to be easy as hell to watch 80% of the Griz games...some online, some on the tv...now its a pain in the ass. And for the record...f*** AT&T Sports Suck...so sick that I cant watch Root Sports without buying 600+ channels of pure shit.

Okay, thats my rant...i feel better. I have procured 2 games so far this season...plus my visits to tbe bar for Root games. Things are looking up in old Colorado for a Griz fan in the sticks.

Also in Colorado. My take on this season so far. I have DISH:

UNI - Altitude 2 (will need to wait until about Aug. 22-23 to see what channel it is. Not worried)
Drake - I'm guessing another Altitude Channel. Will see, but likely.
WIU - espn+ (will subscribe)
Sac St - ROOT (will expand package to get game)
Cal Poly - Pluto stream.
Portland St - worried no servcie
ND - worried no service
UC Davis - worried no service
Southern Utah - ROOT (may go see in person)
Idaho - ROOT
MSU - ROOT

FWIW I'm in Colorado as well and Comcast doesn't seem to carry Altitude 2. Hey Kent - please help!

mcg said:
Yukon said:
emilsson_2000 said:
Hey for what it is worth, I did see the other day that ESPN+ has picked up the Western Illinois game. It is a $5/month streaming service....but you can get a free trial for 7 days when you sign up.

Can someone help me understand why SWX won't sell the stream to an outside company? Or for that matter sell the stream of the Northern Iowa game directly to the viewer? Is there some kind of contractual thing that prevents that? I looked at Sidearm Sports website and the Griz aren't even listed as a partner anymore. BIGSKYTV appears to be dead. So f***[*] stupid. It used to be easy as hell to watch 80% of the Griz games...some online, some on the tv...now its a pain in the ass. And for the record...f*** AT&T Sports Suck...so sick that I cant watch Root Sports without buying 600+ channels of pure shit.

Okay, thats my rant...i feel better. I have procured 2 games so far this season...plus my visits to tbe bar for Root games. Things are looking up in old Colorado for a Griz fan in the sticks.

UNI - Altitude 2 (will need to wait until about Aug. 22-23 to see what channel it is. Not worried)
Cal Poly - Pluto stream.
ND - worried no service
Idaho - ROOT
MSU - ROOT

FWIW I'm in Colorado as well and Comcast doesn't seem to carry Altitude 2. Hey Kent - please help!
It might. from Google:

Comcast Cable does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but provides select Altitude 2 games to their customers on CET (Comcast Entertainment Television). Check your on-screen guide for availability CET SD is available on channel 105 in Colorado and channel 6 in Utah. CET HD is channel 900 in Colorado.

Yukon said:
mcg said:
Yukon said:
emilsson_2000 said:

Cal Poly - Pluto stream.
ND - worried no service
Idaho - ROOT
MSU - ROOT

It might. from Google:

Comcast Cable does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but provides select Altitude 2 games to their customers on CET (Comcast Entertainment Television). Check your on-screen guide for availability CET SD is available on channel 105 in Colorado and channel 6 in Utah. CET HD is channel 900 in Colorado.

thanks you are correct so there is hope!

I'm still waiting (im) patiently to see if the opener is listed on dish. The guide only shows the next 8 days so I figure I have to wait until Friday to know for sure. As stated previously, dish usually picks up the altitude 2 games, but I won't rest easy until I see it in writing.

Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm still waiting (im) patiently to see if the opener is listed on dish. The guide only shows the next 8 days so I figure I have to wait until Friday to know for sure.

You'll have to wait until about Aug. 29-30 as ALT+ won't update until about then. I was a week off on my first post.

Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
I'm still waiting (im) patiently to see if the opener is listed on dish. The guide only shows the next 8 days so I figure I have to wait until Friday to know for sure.

You'll have to wait until about Aug. 29-30 as ALT+ won't update until about then.

Way to burst my bubble. Thanks a lot. :cry:

I honestly thought I could see them earlier in the past, but maybe it was selective memory. I am getting old...

Da Boyz Mom said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

You'll have to wait until about Aug. 29-30 as ALT+ won't update until about then.

Good site to check when we get close:

https://www.mydish.com/gamefinder#gamefinder

Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Good site to check when we get close:

https://www.mydish.com/gamefinder#gamefinder

Yep it's my go-to. Only showing through August 28 right now.

EverettGriz said:
Is there even ONE person on this board who believes the bsc gives even the tiniest shit about the alums or fans of their member schools? They care about one thing and one thing only, and that's increasing the revenue for the conference fat cats in the corner offices. And what's worse, we let them get away with it each and every year without making a stink.

Time for UM to pack its bags and leave this conference to the fan bases who deserve it.

I think were in the right spot, I think its more that the people who can do something about this issue of being able to watch games..SOMEHOW just dont understand 1. how difficult it is for some people to watch...2. How ridiculously fucking easy it should be for them to make every game available via live stream........3. How unbelievably sick of dealing with this the largest most influential fanbase in the conference is of dealing with this.

I literally convinced my fiance to let me get direct sports package so I'm at least garaunteed 5-6 games that I should be able to watch, by using the argument that we would actually be saving money in the difference the sports package costs us every month compared to what I'd spend on beers and wings every saturday I had to go to a bar to watch freaking ROOT channel lol

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I literally convinced my fiance to let me get direct sports package so I'm at least garaunteed 5-6 games that I should be able to watch, by using the argument that we would actually be saving money in the difference the sports package costs us every month compared to what I'd spend on beers and wings every saturday I had to go to a bar to watch freaking ROOT channel lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I literally had the EXACT same conversation with my wife!

Four Griz games on Pluto TV this year:

http://bigskyconf.com/sports/2018/8/13/FB_0813185636.aspx

Saturday Sept. 29 Montana at Cal Poly 4 p.m. PT Eleven Sports Pluto, TV Channel 244

Saturday Oct. 6 Portland State at Montana 2 p.m. MT SWX-Montana, Pluto TV Channel 237

Saturday Oct. 13 Montana at North Dakota 1 p.m. CT SWX-Montana, Midco Sports Net, Pluto TV Channel 240

Saturday Oct. 27 UC Davis at Montana 2 p.m. MT SWX-Montana, Pluto TV Channel 237

DisplacedinUtah said:

Saturday Sept. 29 Montana at Cal Poly 4 p.m. PT Eleven Sports Pluto, TV Channel 244

Saturday Oct. 6 Portland State at Montana 2 p.m. MT SWX-Montana, Pluto TV Channel 237

Saturday Oct. 13 Montana at North Dakota 1 p.m. CT SWX-Montana, Midco Sports Net, Pluto TV Channel 240

Saturday Oct. 27 UC Davis at Montana 2 p.m. MT SWX-Montana, Pluto TV Channel 237
Thank you! those games were what I was worried about.

Sweet, I can for sure get all of the first two games. I'll update this if I find out anything new.

9.1 UNI SWX

9.8 Drake SWX

9.15 WIU ESPN+ (99% sure you can get with DirecTV sports package)

9.22 SS Root Sports (Channel owned by DirecTV)

9.29 CPU Eleven Sports and Pluto

10.6 PSU SWX and Pluto

10.13 UND SWX, MIDCO, and Pluto

10.27 UCD SWX and Pluto

11.3 SU Root Sports

11.10 UI Root Sports

11.17 MSU Root Sports

Bonus: Western Illinois has a plumbing problem.

39876205_10156725891392422_8081014768816619520_n.jpg

grizpsych said:
Sweet, I can for sure get all of the first two games. I'll update this if I find out anything new.
9.15 WIU ESPN+ (99% sure you can get with DirecTV sports package)

Sure hope you're right. Of course, if they're broadcast on the 700 channels, we won't know if a particular game will actually be shown until a day or so before game time. (At least it's been that way in the past.)

BadlandsGrizFan said:

It's 14 dollars a month and if you call 90% of the time you can get it half off. That's something you have an argument over...with a fiance? Oh god wait until you're married
:lol:

mtgrizfankb said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

It's 14 dollars a month and if you call 90% of the time you can get it half off. That's something you have an argument over...with a fiance? Oh god wait until you're married

I pay the bills so hubby never really knows how much my football addiction is costing us. Don't ask don't tell is my policy. :D

Da Boyz Mom said:
mtgrizfankb said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I pay the bills so hubby never really knows how much my football addiction is costing us. Don't ask don't tell is my policy. :D

Yup!

DisplacedinUtah said:

So glad they are on Pluto since we can't get SWX.

true fans find a way to live in missoula....

just kidding, i got really lucky to find a good job that can provide for a family here. its too bad its so hard to make a decent living in Missoula for a lot of people. it took me a long time to find my way back but boy am i sure glad i did. It feels so good to be a season ticket holder! to all those who must watch from afar - we salute you!

Back