• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ New Mexico

Defense is looking great again. Offense isn't moving the ball well, or shooting it well. Might have to run some isolation plays. If Manuel can get it going, that will open up the offense for everyone.

cmtgrizzly said:
CleanHOUSE said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Mack just has to learn to move his feet and think a step ahead.

Thats what I have been saying with him, he looks fine out there athletically, gets good positioning but then when he gets the ball just way to slow to transition to offensive move and the shot is gone.

You are probably right but I am specifically talking about on D. Its why he fouls so much.
We need to bring back Krislovic to teach big man footwork. He was a limited talent guy who turned himself into a elite defender

Griz getting a few calls of late. Pridgett is struggling to get his game going too. We need to find some offense.

Vasquez is out BEST shooter! His shot is simple and smooth...and MOST important if he is WIDE OPEN its not a toss up I expect it to go in. Last guy I felt that way about was Mathias Ward. Manuel is good but if he is not hot he doesnt scare me that much from wide open

Foul called every time UNM on offense for the past several minutes. We wont have players left by midway through the 2nd half

Well, down 6 at half isn't too bad for our young team, but is it asking too much for our boys to catch fire and steal this game from them? It's right there for us to do so! Despite all the fouls, only Egun (4) and Falls (3) are in trouble so far. Hope we can play a bit more clean in the second but their height is troublesome for sure.

1st half good: Vasquez and DCH are playing well against a good New Mexico team.
Defense is confusing New Mexico.

1st half bad: Foul trouble. Manuel really struggling to find his shot. Sayeed, not controlling the game.

Need to find more offense in the 2nd half. Manuel and Pridgett need to lead this team and to be tone setters.

Carter-Hollinger played a solid first half. Still a bit hesitant with some shots, but has 6 points on 3-of-4 shots. He's guarding much taller players, yet still has 4 rebounds and one cool block.

Back