• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Has Mountain West Been a 1-Bid Conference in Past 3 years?

EverettGriz said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Sooooo, 3 full pages in we've concluded that the MWC is a vastly superior conference to the bsc in every shape, form, and manner.

Well okay, then.

Where has it been concluded that the MW is a vastly superior conference? It's been pretty so-so in the last 4 years. The only bright spot is Nevada this year.

If it's so vastly superior, why did you say that UM would have gotten in the tourney from the MW last year and would again this year? You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

The MWC conference has three teams rated far higher than the BSC best. MWC has a chance at multiple bids. The Big Sky does not. The MWC has a chance at a good seed. The Big Sky will be lucky to get a 14 seed, likely a 15.

Forget it, db. You're wasting your time. This is just pr saying clueless pr shit. Next he'll try to divert to a different subject altogether. It's what he does when he's proven wrong (e.g. 98% of his posts).

Check again, Mr. No Nothing about sports.

dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
Where has it been concluded that the MW is a vastly superior conference? It's been pretty so-so in the last 4 years. The only bright spot is Nevada this year.

If it's so vastly superior, why did you say that UM would have gotten in the tourney from the MW last year and would again this year? You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

The MWC conference has three teams rated far higher than the BSC best. MWC has a chance at multiple bids. The Big Sky does not. The MWC has a chance at a good seed. The Big Sky will be lucky to get a 14 seed, likely a 15.

Please name the 3 MW teams that are rated far higher than the BSC best. Should we agree to use the RPI?

Nevada, Utah State and Fresno.

Sure use RPI

Nevada 17
Utah State 39
Fresno State 65 (+10.50)

Montana 121 (+4.90)

Where's your link?

dbackjon said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
dbackjon said:

Sure use RPI

Nevada 17
Utah State 39
Fresno State 65 (+10.50)

Montana 121 (+4.90)

Today's rankings (NET) - NCAA no longer uses RPI:

Nevada 12
Utah State 46
Montana 99
Fresno State 110

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-team

Correct - I used RPI because that is what Player Rep asked for.
BTW - those are the REAL NET Ratings...
https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats%20Library/Conference%20Rankings%20-%20Feb.%204.pdf

Montana is 108

Nevada is 15
Utah State is 37
Fresno is 79

As through Feb 4th.

This is straight from the NCAA

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:

Please name the 3 MW teams that are rated far higher than the BSC best. Should we agree to use the RPI?

Sure use RPI

Nevada 17
Utah State 39
Fresno State 65 (+10.50)

Montana 121 (+4.90)

Where's your link?

Uses the internet, can't google.

www.kenpom.com

Note - Fresno lost at home to Utah State Feb 5th by a point. So they dropped in the NET ratings by 30. Next time Montana loses, they will drop by 40+

dbackjon said:
Note - Fresno lost at home to Utah State Feb 5th by a point. So they dropped in the NET ratings by 30. Next time Montana loses, they will drop by 40+

So is this your admission that you were wrong?

Thanks for letting us know that when teams lose, their ratings usually go down. Did you learn that by Googling?

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:

Thanks for letting us know that when teams lose, their ratings usually go down. Did you learn that by Googling?

No, at the time of the post, I was correct. And until the NCAA releases their official update, it is a guess what is posted - the only numbers that are official are what I posted.

Sad thing is you think you have scored some big point, but in reality you are still wrong.

dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:

No, at the time of the post, I was correct. And until the NCAA releases their official update, it is a guess what is posted - the only numbers that are official are what I posted.

Sad thing is you think you have scored some big point, but in reality you are still wrong.

Yes, I did score a big little point. I had looked this up when I posted, so I knew you were wrong. Now that I caught you being wrong, you are just bobbing and weaving.

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
Uses the internet, can't google.

www.kenpom.com

Is kenpom the RPI or NET?

RPI similator

We didn't discuss an RPI simulator. Stop truing to move the goalposts.

Not moving. All the numbers you used are RPI simulators, since the official RPI formula belongs to the NCAA and they aren't using it.

Again, you don't understand the discussion

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:

Yes, I did score a big little point. I had looked this up when I posted, so I knew you were wrong. Now that I caught you being wrong, you are just bobbing and weaving.

You aren't using official NCAA - that hasn't been released.

And your original point is still so far wrong - that the MWC isn't far ahead of the BSC. It is. No rational person could debate otherwise. But then again, it is you.

dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:

And your original point is still so far wrong - that the MWC isn't far ahead of the BSC. It is. No rational person could debate otherwise. But then again, it is you.

I never intended to use official NCAA numbers or ratings.

Where did I say the MW wasn't far ahead of the BSC? I said that MW was averaging 1.3 tournament bids the past 3 years, and appears likely to get only 1 this year. And compared 1.33 per year to 1 per year for the BSC.

Why can't you just focus on what I am saying or asking, instead of making up stuff and making excuses for your incorrect posts? Can you not read, or do you have ADD?

Current NET Rankings:
Nevada 13
Utah State 39
Fresno State 76

Montana 113

San Diego State 145
Boise State 150
UNLV 156

Weber 170

New Mexico 176

No Colo 183

CSU 197

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:

Where did I say the MW wasn't far ahead of the BSC? I said that MW was averaging 1.3 tournament bids the past 3 years, and appears likely to get only 1 this year. And compared 1.33 per year to 1 per year for the BSC.

Why can't you just focus on what I am saying or asking, instead of making up stuff and making excuses for your incorrect posts? Can you not read, or do you have ADD?

What a Richard Cranium you are!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:

What a Richard Cranium you are!

Has Chase Reynolds ever figured out who you are? Can you admit that players listed in the UM Red Book have in fact played for UM? How long has it been since you had your supposedly big scoring game in the UM frosh game?

Back