• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How are season ticket sales going?

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Season ticket holders, if I buy 4 on the west sideline, but can probably only make 2-3 games, how are my chances of selling them for the games I can’t attend? Is there a policy against it? I bought seats at the Rose Bowl for UCLA games for years from a season ticket holder in a similar situation, and nobody seemed to care. But I’d rather they be filled than to buy them and have them sit empty for several games. Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

CDA, I have a couple thoughts on this...

1. I think that’s awesome that you’re looking into some season tickets

2. Selling them is usually pretty easy I’ve had to sell a few for games that I cannot make and one of the forums on this site is for Griz tickets so if you list them early enough at face value it shouldn’t be an issue

3. With the University going to mobile ticketing it might make tickets even higher in demand since there won’t be a bunch of folks down at the bridge selling them last minute plus I think it will be easier to transfer them to the party you sell them to guessing just via email or even text

4. Lastly if you come to some games let’s make sure we connect and we will have a dance party to the CATS video just for old time sake

Thanks for the info, Hooked! #4 is definitely happening even if I don't have a ticket.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
Sound advice, EG! This is a delicate situation and I think you best strategy is building alliances within the family system.

I would consider purchasing the finest polar wear possible for the girls. A purple arctic parka adorned with Purple Dragon Logos. They won’t be able to wear them in sunny Southern California and they will pressure mom for a trip to Montana.

Leave fliers strewn around the house for Big Dipper Ice Cream and the carousel. When asked, just tell them it’s only the best ice cream in the world. The only problem is that it’s located in Missoula.

Then let them go to work and do your bidding.

I wouldn’t feel bad about the slight manipulation, they’ll pay you back in spades 10 years from now.

Or, he could just man up like I did, buy the damned tickets without her "permission", and then go to the games himself (like I'm likely to do).... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still at the age where the wife allows me to see her naked on occasion, and I'd like that trend to continue. Accordingly, I discuss every purchase over $500, that she's likely to notice and I choose to discuss beforehand, beforehand.

CDA—Do NOT forget about the Canyon Club Clause.

If you run into any problems at a game (e.g. long lines for the bathroom or concessions, cold weather, an annoying oldie sitting near you that can’t shut up about his club baseball days at UM in the late 60’s) you have an ace in the hole.

The moment you see ‘the look’ from Dr. CDA, immediately announce to your family that their happiness is more important to you than anything else and that you’re immediately upgrading the family’s season tickets to the Canyon Club.

Our family deserves a heated and enclosed environment, private bathrooms, hot food served on real plates and beer and wine sales.

You’re welcome. There’s nothing I won’t sacrifice for my family. I Love you all so much.

P.S. I understand EG does most of his serious drinking in the Canyon Club.

Ursa Major said:

If you run into any problems at a game (e.g. long lines for the bathroom or concessions, cold weather, an annoying oldie sitting near you that can’t shut up about his club baseball days at UM in the late 60’s) you have an ace in the hole.

The moment you see ‘the look’ from Dr. CDA, immediately announce to your family that their happiness is more important to you than anything else and that you’re immediately upgrading the family’s season tickets to the Canyon Club.

Our family deserves a heated and enclosed environment, private bathrooms, hot food served on real plates and beer and wine sales.

You’re welcome. There’s nothing I won’t sacrifice for my family. I Love you all so much.

This is such solid advice. It's like a trick play that you save for when you're down two scores in the 4th.
It might just punch it in if I have to use it. The flight is the onside kick recovery, the C'mon Inn pool is the 45-yd bomb from Ochs to Segars, and the Mo Club pepperjack burger is the two-point conversion for the victory. Thank you.

Individual game tickets now on sale. Not much available for the Brawl!

Also looks like at least another 200 season tickets have been snapped up just since a couple days ago!

Individual single game tickets for season ticket holders only. Others will be available July 19th and 9 am.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Or, he could just man up like I did, buy the damned tickets without her "permission", and then go to the games himself (like I'm likely to do).... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still at the age where the wife allows me to see her naked on occasion, and I'd like that trend to continue. Accordingly, I discuss every purchase over $500, that she's likely to notice and I choose to discuss beforehand, beforehand.

Easy answer to that dilemma: Buy one ticket at a time. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not a bad play, the more I think about it. Would be pretty cool to be by myself amongst my peers and have them scattered around the rest of Wa-Griz. "Why is dad walking all weird?" "Well, honey, his ticket is in the NEZ. Just let him have this time." The youngest one wouldn't even know a 3-3-5 defense if Harry and Hermione were running it.

Ursa Major said:

Ursa, as always, is spot on. There is little doubt that tickets to the Canyon Club act as a surefire post-game, back-at-the hotel- panty- dropper during those late November, early December games. I can say without reservation that those tickets have given the C'mon Inn a heartily earned alternative meaning.

lew1889 said:
Individual single game tickets for season ticket holders only. Others will be available July 19th and 9 am.

I received an email today saying single game tickets were delayed. Is that not the case?

mega mauler said:
lew1889 said:

I received an email today saying single game tickets were delayed. Is that not the case?

Griz Tix is showing all individual game tickets available 7/19 at 9 am. However they way they are handling this who knows?

lew1889 said:
mega mauler said:

Griz Tix is showing all individual game tickets available 7/19 at 9 am. However they way they are handling this who knows? Receiving the tickets and buying them might not be the same thing, printed ticket could be delayed delivery as they don't even know the game times yet.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Ursa, as always, is spot on. There is little doubt that tickets to the Canyon Club act as a surefire post-game, back-at-the hotel- panty- dropper during those late November, early December games. I can say without reservation that those tickets have given the C'mon Inn a heartily earned alternative meaning.
Hahahaha!! That works at the Belaire Motor Lodge too. I always spring for the upgrade and get the murder-suicide suite. :thumb:

Ursa, wait a second, are you actually talking about the Thunderbird? I didn’t realize there was a second hotel that offered a murder-suicide suite. Personally, I prefer the moldy-crackhead presidential suite the Thunderbird provides. Be sure to reserve early as it books up fast!

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not a bad play, the more I think about it. Would be pretty cool to be by myself amongst my peers and have them scattered around the rest of Wa-Griz. "Why is dad walking all weird?" "Well, honey, his ticket is in the NEZ. Just let him have this time." The youngest one wouldn't even know a 3-3-5 defense if Harry and Hermione were running it.

Exactly. Win/Win.

406 Grizzly said:
Ursa, wait a second, are you actually talking about the Thunderbird? I didn’t realize there was a second hotel that offered a murder-suicide suite. Personally, I prefer the moldy-crackhead presidential suite the Thunderbird provides. Be sure to reserve early as it books up fast!

:lol:

406, you got me there, the Bel Aire is closer to the Ritz Carlton than it is to the T-bird. I wonder how many missing persons and cold case pings could be gathered with a comprehensive room by room DNA sweep of the T-bird?

lew1889 said:
lew1889 said:
Griz Tix is showing all individual game tickets available 7/19 at 9 am. However they way they are handling this who knows? Receiving the tickets and buying them might not be the same thing, printed ticket could be delayed delivery as they don't even know the game times yet.

GSA and QB club members can buy single tickets starting on 12 July, as I bought mine. Very limited numbers remain for every game as season ticket purchases has soared! Going to be full stadium this year!

reinell30 said:

GSA and QB club members can buy single tickets starting on 12 July, as I bought mine. Very limited numbers remain for every game as season ticket purchases has soared! Going to be full stadium this year!
I had always thought that they capped season tickets when they reached a certain number so that there was a certain percentage of tickets left for single game tickets. Glad to hear how well season tickets have done!

Griz til I die said:
reinell30 said:
I had always thought that they capped season tickets when they reached a certain number so that there was a certain percentage of tickets left for single game tickets. Glad to hear how well season tickets have done!

Season ticket holders can buy single game tickets starting tomorrow at 0900. General public single tickets start on Monday 19th at 0900.

Back