• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Does EWU Do It?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Same with NDSU...theyve had a decade straight of NFL QBs on an FCS roster.

Well, lets not get carried away here. Wentz? Yes. Jensen? Not so much....Stick? The jury is still out.

Jury still out? I’m sorry but when you are drafted in the NFL as a QB in the 5th round, ya you were an NFL QB. Doesn’t mean you will stick around for years to come or be a starter, but being drafted in the NFL as a QB is an incredibly difficult feat to accomplish. At the very least, it speaks to a skill set offered at the position which rarely exists for a college football team, let alone an FCS program.

Let’s see. Wentz is hurt all the time and is about one pick away from taking a few D-cells to the dome, given where he “plays”. I know for a fact most in DelCo view him as a weird, Opie-like fella who has been a bust so far. Jansen was good at handing off. Stick? Jury is still out, but he looks pretty good at handing off, too.
I see the eagles front office doesn't agree with you, the signed wentz to a $107 million+ guaranteed contract plus and extension of $128 million possible up to 144 million on top of $66 million signing.
Not to bad for a guy in 3 years . Been to a pro bowl, leading mvp candidate in 2017 and has a 70- 28 touchdown to interception ratio.

braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, lets not get carried away here. Wentz? Yes. Jensen? Not so much....Stick? The jury is still out.

Jury still out? I’m sorry but when you are drafted in the NFL as a QB in the 5th round, ya you were an NFL QB. Doesn’t mean you will stick around for years to come or be a starter, but being drafted in the NFL as a QB is an incredibly difficult feat to accomplish. At the very least, it speaks to a skill set offered at the position which rarely exists for a college football team, let alone an FCS program.

Let’s see. Wentz is hurt all the time and is about one pick away from taking a few D-cells to the dome, given where he “plays”. I know for a fact most in DelCo view him as a weird, Opie-like fella who has been a bust so far. Jansen was good at handing off. Stick? Jury is still out, but he looks pretty good at handing off, too.
I see the eagles front office doesn't agree with you, the signed wentz to a $107 million+ guaranteed contract plus and extension of $128 million possible up to 144 million on top of $66 million signing.
Not to bad for a guy in 3 years . Been to a pro bowl, leading mvp candidate in 2017 and has a 70- 28 touchdown to interception ratio.

Yet, none of that changes any of the facts in my post. You want to get in good with fans as a QB in Philly? Pro tip: don’t try to do it from the pine with injuries when your backup wins Super Bowls and you’re already fighting uphill being drafted from BFE.

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yet, none of that changes any of the facts in my post. You want to get in good with fans as a QB in Philly? Pro tip: don’t try to do it from the pine with injuries when your backup wins Super Bowls and you’re already fighting uphill being drafted from BFE.
Wrong again, direct from the NFL shop. The top 10 selling jerseys following the 2018 season
1-brady new england
2- Mack Chicago
3-mahomes Kansas City
4-elliot Dallas
5-barkley new york
6-brees New Orleans
7-mayfield Cleveland
8-wentz Philadelphia
9-prescott Dallas
10- smith-schuster
No foles or any other eagle listed so... guess he's not as hated as you would like to be believed.
5-

braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wrong again, direct from the NFL shop. The top 10 selling jerseys following the 2018 season
1-brady new england
2- Mack Chicago
3-mahomes Kansas City
4-elliot Dallas
5-barkley new york
6-brees New Orleans
7-mayfield Cleveland
8-wentz Philadelphia
9-prescott Dallas
10- smith-schuster
No foles or any other eagle listed so... guess he's not as hated as you would like to be believed.
5-

Yet, none of that changes any of the facts in my posts. All of the fans in DelCo acknowledge that Goff was definitely the better long term bet. Wentz will be out of the league in three years after suffering a nasty sunburn. Dude is Charmin and you know it.

braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1-brady new england
2- Mack Chicago
3-mahomes Kansas City
4-elliot Dallas
5-barkley new york
6-brees New Orleans
7-mayfield Cleveland
8-wentz Philadelphia
9-prescott Dallas
10- smith-schuster
5-

Interesting stats from the NFL shop. The top 3 selling jerseys in 3-XL or larger this summer:
1- wentz Philadelphia
2- stick Chargers
3- haeg Colts

Ursa Major said:
braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:

1-brady new england
2- Mack Chicago
3-mahomes Kansas City
4-elliot Dallas
5-barkley new york
6-brees New Orleans
7-mayfield Cleveland
8-wentz Philadelphia
9-prescott Dallas
10- smith-schuster
5-

Interesting stats from the NFL shop. The top 3 selling jerseys in 3-XL or larger this summer:
1- wentz Philadelphia
2- stick Chargers
3- haeg Colts

:lol:
Related: Fats who call themselves “big” will never not be funny. I’m just imagining dudes rocking Stick Chargers jerseys running the floor of the CD section at the Fargo Best Buy on casual Tuesday.
*tuba music*
“Yeah, I think we have the new Papa Roach.”

CDA, I seek your wisdom on this matter. The stated capacity of the Fargo Dome is 19,000. Is that 19,000 eastern North Dakotans or regular people?
Mmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooo!

tourist said:
CDA, I seek your wisdom on this matter. The stated capacity of the Fargo Dome is 19,000. Is that 19,000 eastern North Dakotans or regular people?
Mmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooo!

Interestingly enough, it’s the same figure. They find a way. Their wedge game is like a young Seve Ballesteros. The most requested item at the shed isn’t beer, or fried mayonnaise balls, it’s a salve for armrest burn. True story.

SaskGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

The Dangling Participle: You have constructed a sentence where the Adverb and Verb - "rarely exists" is modifying "position" rather than the intended "skill set". It therefore reads that you believe QB is a position that rarely exists for a college football team. This would only be true if one were referring to Montana State University.

Freshman English 101 at the U of M but probably not covered at NDSU's 'Merican 101 Intro to Menu Readin'

STEM major. Fuck it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Let’s see. The entire point made was that excellent QB play has equated to simultaneous sustained success as a football program.

Name all the FCS programs who have had consecutive QB’s drafted....hint there is only one.

You have to be a very good QB to be drafted.....so when you have one at a college program, that is a QB with the skill or performance which eventually warrants a draft pick, it usually gives you a fighting chance to be good.

As for Wentz’s health, I personally think he will be fine, but as a friend of the family, I can tell you he would be fine if tomorrow was his last day on the field. Faith, family and friends are his biggest priorities.

He’s won multiple national championships in college, been a pro bowl QB and had a super bowl ring. He’s made made more money than 99.99999% of the population will ever make and has a great foundation going, along with an outdoor show, that he can fall back to. He’s so far ahead of the curve on expectations anyone can have when growing up playing football. It’s all good dude, and any bit of cutting down on your behalf just shows how insanely jealous you are.

As for Goff, he’s an ok QB, but I don’t think very many NFL GM’s would take him over Carson. Regardless, both have already had great careers and accomplished quite a bit for being young QB’s. I don’t think you will ever see Goff play to the level Carson did in 2017 and be an MVP front runner type of QB, especially without Gurley.

If Carson Wentz went to UM, I honestly don’t think you would be able to contain yourself from a constant circle jerk on this website when taking about him. Christ, despite being irrelevant for a decade, you still somehow think the UM football program is king shit. You’d be telling everyone you know Carson was the second coming of Jesus Christ himself.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Let’s see. The entire point made was that excellent QB play has equated to simultaneous sustained success as a football program.

Name all the FCS programs who have had consecutive QB’s drafted....hint there is only one.

You have to be a very good QB to be drafted.....so when you have one at a college program, that is a QB with the skill or performance which eventually warrants a draft pick, it usually gives you a fighting chance to be good.

As for Wentz’s health, I personally think he will be fine, but as a friend of the family, I can tell you he would be fine if tomorrow was his last day on the field. Faith, family and friends are his biggest priorities.

He’s won multiple national championships in college, been a pro bowl QB and had a super bowl ring. He’s made made more money than 99.99999% of the population will ever make and has a great foundation going, along with an outdoor show, that he can fall back to. He’s so far ahead of the curve on expectations anyone can have when growing up playing football. It’s all good dude, and any bit of cutting down on your behalf just shows how insanely jealous you are.

As for Goff, he’s an ok QB, but I don’t think very many NFL GM’s would take him over Carson. Regardless, both have already had great careers and accomplished quite a bit for being young QB’s. I don’t think you will ever see Goff play to the level Carson did in 2017 and be an MVP front runner type of QB, especially without Gurley.

If Carson Wentz went to UM, I honestly don’t think you would be able to contain yourself from a constant circle jerk on this website when taking about him. Christ, despite being irrelevant for a decade, you still somehow think the UM football program is king shit. You’d be telling everyone you know Carson was the second coming of Jesus Christ himself.

Yeah, but most Eag fans know he’s likely a miss. Just trying to get a few serviceable years, but his hangnails keep getting in the way. I honestly feel bad for the fella for getting drafted by Philly. Let me tell you what they want in a QB; hint: it ain’t a guy who wants to quit tomorrow for “faith, family, and friends”. Better fit in Portland or SLC.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
1972 said:
They have been very good at the quarterback position consistently.

Lots of guys get drafted and never make a team. TONS. Stick has done exactly zip squat nada so far. If he makes the 53 man roster, has a career then yes he was an NFL QB. But being in a preseason camp doesn’t mean shit.

I challenge anyone to name another largely regional-reaching website where a non-conference fan will not only read daily, but also login, open threads that have nothing to do with his team to make sure nobody is dissing a QB who graduated years ago, and post diatribes like the one above from the entire UNDSU graduating class of 2011. Throw in the fact that there are multiples of him.

That’s the eGriz difference.

CDAGRIZ said:
I challenge anyone to name another largely regional-reaching website where a non-conference fan will not only read daily, but also login, open threads that have nothing to do with his team to make sure nobody is dissing a QB who graduated years ago, and post diatribes like the one above from the entire UNDSU graduating class of 2011. Throw in the fact that there are multiples of him.

I make my living in Missoula, so it’s a little bit different for me.

I’m a neutral observer and a fan of college football, so yes I do hop onto this site to see what is happening for football relevant news.

The thing that sucks is this site gets overran by complete fucking douche bags, such as yourself, who possess football knowledge on par with my dog.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’m a neutral observer and a fan of college football, so yes I do hop onto this site to see what is happening for football relevant news.

The thing that sucks is this site gets overran by complete fucking douche bags, such as yourself, who possess football knowledge on par with my dog.

There it is! :lol: :lol: :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The thing that sucks is this site gets overran by complete f***[*] douche bags, such as yourself, who possess football knowledge on par with my dog.

Thankfully the vast majority of Griz fans I meet here are totally cool.

It’s nice that California is still accepting the rejects of this world.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The thing that sucks is this site gets overran by complete f***[*] douche bags, such as yourself, who possess football knowledge on par with my dog.

Thankfully the vast majority of Griz fans I meet here are totally cool.

It’s nice that California is still accepting the rejects of this world.

Yes! Keep posting! It’s helping a ton! :lol:
Sorry, it’s helping around 1,400 lbs., give or take.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Woof!

I sense a lot of butthurt from emanating from UM fans over NDSU.

Oh and it's not like UM is Harvard of the West... They're not even in the same league as UC Davis! If UM fans really think that the reason for EWU's dominance has to do with academics.... Well, you probably also think Trump was a successful businessman.

footballdood said:
I sense a lot of butthurt from emanating from UM fans over NDSU.

Oh and it's not like UM is Harvard of the West... They're not even in the same league as UC Davis! If UM fans really think that the reason for EWU's dominance has to do with academics.... Well, you probably also think Trump was a successful businessman.

I sense a lot of fans of other teams scrolling and posting on eGriz even though “the Griz haven’t been relevant in a decade.”

Back