• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I expect Hauck to get a renewed long-term contract this winter/spring

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
This is the most stupid statement ever. BH2.0 does not have a clue how to stop the cats.... BH and "very good coach" should NEVER be in the same sentence!

That said, i hope he gets extended for the next 5 years....
With that logic how did he blow them out so convincingly last year? Your hope springs eternal from the last data point.

Butte is a football idiot and troll. Most or all of his posts show that. I agree that UM/Hauck did not know how to stop the Cats this season, but I also know that much of the problem was caused by mistakes, over-pursued, and getting sucked into fakes. That's on both players and coaches.

I still wish someone would elaborate on just where they think BH would go if UM chooses not to extend his contract this year. It seems to me his window of opportunity as far as new schools is closed or open only a crack. I can't see a school (other than UM) building a football around him at his age. Nor can I see him wanting to go anyplace. So while I suppose it is a given that this will happen I hope UM will at least know they are negotiating from a position of complete strength. I can't see where he deserves any sort of raise. Because if he doesn't like the deal UM comes up with he can try to do exactly what he tells his players to do and go somewhere else. Except he is going to find those places either don't exist or may not really suit him well.

I expect & hope coach gets an extension.

I also expect some changes schematically to both offense & defense.

Coach Hauck wants to bring a title to Missoula bad and I think with the right changes it can be done

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:
With that logic how did he blow them out so convincingly last year? Your hope springs eternal from the last data point.

Butte is a football idiot and troll. Most or all of his posts show that. I agree that UM/Hauck did not know how to stop the Cats this season, but I also know that much of the problem was caused by mistakes, over-pursued, and getting sucked into fakes. That's on both players and coaches.

i love how this D-bag calls me a football idiot, then uses the excuse of "getting sucked into fakes" for the absolute curb stomp loss to the Cats... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mthoopsfan said:
41>37 said:
Every Bobcat in the world is praying they extend Bobby. 😂

No, they aren't. Most informed Cats know Hauck is a very good coach, and will figure a way to stop the Cats in the future.

Do you think comments like you made are funny, or do you just like to hear yourself talk?

How FAR in the future?

Asking for a friend…. :?

Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Coach Hauck wants to bring a title to Missoula bad and I think with the right changes it can be done

Don’t hold your hand on your ass waiting for your 2nd sentence to come true. It’ll grow there.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:23 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hawkeyebowhunter wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:09 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Don’t hold your hand on your ass waiting for your 2nd sentence to come true. It’ll grow there.

Absolutely spot on unless those changes are a condition for extending the contract. Those types of conditions are very difficult to enter into the contract itself. As I said UM has the winning hand in negotiating because Bobby has slim chances of being offered another job that he would want. But I'm skeptical that anyone at UM will stand up and actulally throw hard balls. So essentially AZ has a 95% chance of being correct. The funny part is that nothing really would happen if UM would wait until after next season to determine whether to extend because BH isn't going anywhere right now and any bluffs otherwise are hollow.

sdk.catfish said:
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:23 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hawkeyebowhunter wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:09 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Absolutely spot on unless those changes are a condition for extending the contract. Those types of conditions are very difficult to enter into the contract itself. As I said UM has the winning hand in negotiating because Bobby has slim chances of being offered another job that he would want. But I'm skeptical that anyone at UM will stand up and actulally throw hard balls. So essentially AZ has a 95% chance of being correct. The funny part is that nothing really would happen if UM would wait until after next season to determine whether to extend because BH isn't going anywhere right now and any bluffs otherwise are hollow.

Hauck has already been offered jobs. If he wanted to leave, he could leave and get a good job. UM needs to keep Hauck and his assistants happy for various reasons, other than a possibility of leaving. An extended contract shows confidence and longevity for assistant coaches and for recruits. A happy Hauck helps with fund-raising for the school. Hauck helps keep the profile of UM high. An extended contract keeps the coaches motivated to keep the players doing well in school and staying out of trouble.

mthoopsfan
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Hauck has already been offered jobs. If he wanted to leave, he could leave and get a good job. UM needs to keep Hauck and his assistants happy for various reasons, other than a possibility of leaving. An extended contract shows confidence and longevity for assistant coaches and for recruits. A happy Hauck helps with fund-raising for the school. Hauck helps keep the profile of UM high. An extended contract keeps the coaches motivated to keep the players doing well in school and staying out of trouble.

OK. Exactly what jobs has Bobby been offered? Do you have copies of those offers? Can you post them on Egriz? Why would Bobby share those offers with you? Please share all this with egriz. The coaches don't seem to be exremely motivated to make any changes in my opinion but please share why a new contract should motivate them more than the existing contract they are already working under. I share your views on acedemics and staying out of trouble, but a 4-4 conference record and 8-5 overall record with a winning percentage, essentially the same as Stitt, comes into play. My main point is that Bobby has very few negotiating advantages and this is probably the only time his hands can be held under the fire. I just believe that if he isn't willing to make some changes he can go take one of those other offers you say he has and we won't really be that much worse for wear. Almost any coach with any credentials could go 7-4 at UM (see Vigen/ 6th choice etc). I know you won't share any of those so called offers because you don't have them and that is all BS but I'm still calling you out to do so.

sdk.catfish said:
mthoopsfan
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm

OK. Exactly what jobs has Bobby been offered? Do you have copies of those offers? Can you post them on Egriz? Why would Bobby share those offers with you? Please share all this with egriz. The coaches don't seem to be exremely motivated to make any changes in my opinion but please share why a new contract should motivate them more than the existing contract they are already working under. I share your views on acedemics and staying out of trouble, but a 4-4 conference record and 8-5 overall record with a winning percentage, essentially the same as Stitt, comes into play. My main point is that Bobby has very few negotiating advantages and this is probably the only time his hands can be held under the fire. I just believe that if he isn't willing to make some changes he can go take one of those other offers you say he has and we won't really be that much worse for wear. Almost any coach with any credentials could go 7-4 at UM (see Vigen/ 6th choice etc). I know you won't share any of those so called offers because you don't have them and that is all BS but I'm still calling you out to do so.

....if he got any offers maybe its a special teams coach?...but really the ST weren't stellar this year...
even Bobby 1.0 didn't have many offers but settled in at UNLV....but really I would like to know where
the offer came from too...can't wait to hear them!

Personally I think Bobby is becoming like a politician who says what you want to hear...
better than winning is kids staying out of trouble and getting good grades...which I agree
but what a diversion from the standard he was going to set in the program...politician talk!

mthoopsfan said:
I believe UM will re-up Hauck with a new long-term contract in the coming months. He will want that. Top supporters will want that. UM can't afford not to sign him to a new long-term contract.

Some of you can whine all you want, but you don't know what's going on with the program and don't have any say in it.

I've not been on this forum much in the last few years...but your phrasing reminds me of fine fellow from Dartmouth...🤔

This kind of speculation is pretty funny. Everyone had super high expectations, but it ended up being a slightly down year. Still, we had a winning season and won a game in the playoffs. The other 90% of FCS programs wish they had as bad a years as we did. Hauck is in no danger...at least not for right now. He'll be the coach next year. I think what's more interesting is whether they offer a long-term extension or just a one-year extension based on this year's disappointments (btw...I thought he still had a year left on the current contract? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Hmmm...

Now, if the program slips a bit from here, we lose to the cats again, and we miss the playoffs in 2023...I think that would be the end, the point of no return. Still, there's a lot of talent on this team and there's no reason to think next year's team won't be better than this year's as long as they work out a couple of problems. Sure would be nice if our league wasn't such a mess and everyone played everyone...or split into two divisions and had a championship game the weekend before the playoffs instead of the mess we have now.

I don't think Hauck wants to go anywhere else. He's 58. I suspect he wants to ride the Griz HC job out to retirement. Not everyone wants to bounce around the country from one program to another in their 60's. He's a Montanan and wants to enjoy his golden years as a Montanan as a real Montanan should. Hauck's river runs through Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

In any case, all the Hauck haters are stuck with him for another year (probably more if next year is even a one-win improvement over this year) no matter how much they hate it.

AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Az....you are correct sir.

libbygrizcat said:
This kind of speculation is pretty funny. Everyone had super high expectations, but it ended up being a slightly down year. Still, we had a winning season and won a game in the playoffs. The other 90% of FCS programs wish they had as bad a years as we did. Hauck is in no danger...at least not for right now. He'll be the coach next year. I think what's more interesting is whether they offer a long-term extension or just a one-year extension based on this year's disappointments (btw...I thought he still had a year left on the current contract? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Hmmm...

Now, if the program slips a bit from here, we lose to the cats again, and we miss the playoffs in 2023...I think that would be the end, the point of no return. Still, there's a lot of talent on this team and there's no reason to think next year's team won't be better than this year's as long as they work out a couple of problems. Sure would be nice if our league wasn't such a mess and everyone played everyone...or split into two divisions and had a championship game the weekend before the playoffs instead of the mess we have now.

I don't think Hauck wants to go anywhere else. He's 58. I suspect he wants to ride the Griz HC job out to retirement. Not everyone wants to bounce around the country from one program to another in their 60's. He's a Montanan and wants to enjoy his golden years as a Montanan as a real Montanan should. Hauck's river runs through Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

In any case, all the Hauck haters are stuck with him for another year (probably more if next year is even a one-win improvement over this year) no matter how much they hate it.

He will get a long-term extension. He does still have one year left on his contract.

grizghost said:
sdk.catfish said:

....if he got any offers maybe its a special teams coach?...but really the ST weren't stellar this year...
even Bobby 1.0 didn't have many offers but settled in at UNLV....but really I would like to know where
the offer came from too...can't wait to hear them!

Personally I think Bobby is becoming like a politician who says what you want to hear...
better than winning is kids staying out of trouble and getting good grades...which I agree
but what a diversion from the standard he was going to set in the program...politician talk!

He was offered the head coach at San Diego St. several years ago, a multi-year contract at 7 figures per year. Everyone in the know in the program knows that. Ask anyone in the athletic department. Ask top supporters. Ask Tim Hauck. Ask Bobby.

The ST's were terrific this year. Probably the best in the nation. Great coverage on kicks and punts. Great returns. Great punting. Good kicking, after they got going with the right kicker. A couple missed onside kicks. A few other smaller things. Feel free to point out any teams with better ST than the Griz this year.

mthoopsfan

He was offered the head coach at San Diego St. several years ago, a multi-year contract at 7 figures per year.

NO, I'm talking about what offers he has now. You said he had several offers. Over the years I'm sure that he has had offers but after 5 years at UM what are his options now? What offers that you are aware of does he have now or what offers do you project could be coming? We all know the answer because you just spout stuff without proof. If those offers aren't there then why not have some conditions before offering any new contract? See the poll on what fans want. Pretty clear that some change is in order and the only way that change can be achieved is to make those changes dependent on whether he gets a new contract or waits until after next season. Really pretty simple if UM has any testosterone.

I for one hope Bobby is here for a long time. I like the old guard and old coaching staff. I just want them to adapt to current opponents like Weber, Cats, UNDSU, and Sac St.
Put their knowledge to work and maybe get some student assistants that have some input. Unfortunately the basic things to win still are not consistent.
The mistakes that Idaho exposed were on tape the previous games and the Griz staff did nothing to fix them until it was too late and lost to Idaho. Sac St the coaches didn’t protect team when they had lead and poor clock management allowed almost a hundred offensive saps compared to about fifty vs Idaho because Idaho staff used clock correctly.
It is Bob Stitt BS that allows 100 offensive snaps and that is not winning FB. Cut some of the cute, honor the game as Hauck preaches.
Keep the lunch pales and get rid of the smoke and mirrors. Keep things simple on defense. Even at the NFL level Pete Carrol is king of running a simple defense with different looks but consistent approach.
UM needs at least two QBs ready to go at the start of the season to put too much on one body is unreasonable. Even a few packages each game for second QB to run so when competition targets the golden goose there is experience to back him.
I think Hauck was honest on the effort of last years team, but the old guard are paid to get better results with the commitment UM have given staff with facilities and such.
As for Hauck using other offers for leverage, he should be given the response he gives to players who want to leave….Get the F… out and UM will get someone in at HC who wants the job.

Diesel said:
I for one hope Bobby is here for a long time. I like the old guard and old coaching staff. I just want them to adapt to current opponents like Weber, Cats, UNDSU, and Sac St.
Put their knowledge to work and maybe get some student assistants that have some input. Unfortunately the basic things to win still are not consistent.
The mistakes that Idaho exposed were on tape the previous games and the Griz staff did nothing to fix them until it was too late and lost to Idaho. Sac St the coaches didn’t protect team when they had lead and poor clock management allowed almost a hundred offensive saps compared to about fifty vs Idaho because Idaho staff used clock correctly.
It is Bob Stitt BS that allows 100 offensive snaps and that is not winning FB. Cut some of the cute, honor the game as Hauck preaches.
Keep the lunch pales and get rid of the smoke and mirrors. Keep things simple on defense. Even at the NFL level Pete Carrol is king of running a simple defense with different looks but consistent approach.
UM needs at least two QBs ready to go at the start of the season to put too much on one body is unreasonable. Even a few packages each game for second QB to run so when competition targets the golden goose there is experience to back him.
I think Hauck was honest on the effort of last years team, but the old guard are paid to get better results with the commitment UM have given staff with facilities and such.
As for Hauck using other offers for leverage, he should be given the response he gives to players who want to leave….Get the F… out and UM will get someone in at HC who wants the job.

What were the mistakes that Idaho exposed?

Hauck isn't and won't be threatening to leave. He could, tho. He could get an NFL ST job anytime he wanted one. UM needs to keep Hauck very happy for reasons other than him leaving.

sdk.catfish said:
mthoopsfan

He was offered the head coach at San Diego St. several years ago, a multi-year contract at 7 figures per year.

NO, I'm talking about what offers he has now. You said he had several offers. Over the years I'm sure that he has had offers but after 5 years at UM what are his options now? What offers that you are aware of does he have now or what offers do you project could be coming? We all know the answer because you just spout stuff without proof. If those offers aren't there then why not have some conditions before offering any new contract? See the poll on what fans want. Pretty clear that some change is in order and the only way that change can be achieved is to make those changes dependent on whether he gets a new contract or waits until after next season. Really pretty simple if UM has any testosterone.

He could got to the NFL as a special team coach anytime he wanted. He was offered the San Diego St. job when he was at UM.

I think it's funny that people like you know nothing, assume that others don't know anything either. You, in particular, are a joke, and always have been.

A poll on egriz is a joke. If you believe in that, it shows you are a total joke too.

mthoopsfan said:
Diesel said:

What were the mistakes that Idaho exposed?

Hauck isn't and won't be threatening to leave. He could, tho. He could get an NFL ST job anytime he wanted one. UM needs to keep Hauck very happy for reasons other than him leaving.

UM was in habit of quick snapping and not eating clock with the lead. ISU game Griz jumped on ISU and developed a solid lead and defense had given up too many pass completions to extend drives and let momentum swing to ISU to point the game became close with UM poor conversions on third that are the money downs. The 3rd down conversion rate was an issue this year along with too many plays due to quick snapping. Then Idaho knowing Griz were not having success medium or deep in passing game, quick snapping, and poor 3rd down conversions. Patiently used all the clock kept things in front of them on defense to force third downs and controlled the TOP 43 minutes to 17 minutes the poor coverage at times allowed 8-18 3rd down conversions compared to 4-11 for Griz. Idaho was a less talented team on the road and stick it to the Griz with simple game plan.

Back