• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I expect Hauck to get a renewed long-term contract this winter/spring

Diesel said:
mthoopsfan said:
What were the mistakes that Idaho exposed?

Hauck isn't and won't be threatening to leave. He could, tho. He could get an NFL ST job anytime he wanted one. UM needs to keep Hauck very happy for reasons other than him leaving.

UM was in habit of quick snapping and not eating clock with the lead. ISU game Griz jumped on ISU and developed a solid lead and defense had given up too many pass completions to extend drives and let momentum swing to ISU to point the game became close with UM poor conversions on third that are the money downs. The 3rd down conversion rate was an issue this year along with too many plays due to quick snapping. Then Idaho knowing Griz were not having success medium or deep in passing game, quick snapping, and poor 3rd down conversions. Patiently used all the clock kept things in front of them on defense to force third downs and controlled the TOP 43 minutes to 17 minutes the poor coverage at times allowed 8-18 3rd down conversions compared to 4-11 for Griz. Idaho was a less talented team on the road and stick it to the Griz with simple game plan.

Okay. Suffice it to say that I don't agree with you on this and/or don't see it as a big deal.

mthoopsfan said:
Diesel said:
UM was in habit of quick snapping and not eating clock with the lead. ISU game Griz jumped on ISU and developed a solid lead and defense had given up too many pass completions to extend drives and let momentum swing to ISU to point the game became close with UM poor conversions on third that are the money downs. The 3rd down conversion rate was an issue this year along with too many plays due to quick snapping. Then Idaho knowing Griz were not having success medium or deep in passing game, quick snapping, and poor 3rd down conversions. Patiently used all the clock kept things in front of them on defense to force third downs and controlled the TOP 43 minutes to 17 minutes the poor coverage at times allowed 8-18 3rd down conversions compared to 4-11 for Griz. Idaho was a less talented team on the road and stick it to the Griz with simple game plan.

Okay. Suffice it to say that I don't agree with you on this and/or don't see it as a big deal.

I thought the Idaho loss was a pretty big deal. If only Johnson hadn't been injured that day......or was it sick? Didn't he have one of his fumble sixes that day...no that was semo and ndsu.......or fumble going in for td......no that was MSu and Idaho State. Idaho was the two 4th quarter picks....but he was sick.

Bobby is an excellent coach and has quality assistants. Any shortfall in the assistants accomplishments can be changed in the off-season by Bobby. For various reasons, the Griz weren’t competitive with the top teams of the conference and North Dakota State. I believe that shakes out to be a lack of overall talent as compared to those teams which is a recruiting issue.

Spanky2 said:
Bobby is an excellent coach and has quality assistants. Any shortfall in the assistants accomplishments can be changed in the off-season by Bobby. For various reasons, the Griz weren’t competitive with the top teams of the conference and North Dakota State. I believe that shakes out to be a lack of overall talent as compared to those teams which is a recruiting issue.

And the lack of the no. 1 qb in 2.5 of those games against top teams.

Mousegriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I thought the Idaho loss was a pretty big deal. If only Johnson hadn't been injured that day......or was it sick? Didn't he have one of his fumble sixes that day...no that was semo and ndsu.......or fumble going in for td......no that was MSu and Idaho State. Idaho was the two 4th quarter picks....but he was sick.

Johnson was very sick against Idaho, didn't run hardly at all (pro or scramble), and didn't play well. The team didn't play well. I was focusing more on the specific (dumb) things the poster was saying. Yes, UM should have beaten Idaho.

mthoopsfan said:
Spanky2 said:

Yes, I agree. However, it still comes done to recruiting as we won’t be competitive with only one good quarterback.

Spanky2 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yes, I agree. However, it still comes done to recruiting as we won’t be competitive with only one good quarterback.

Yup. That hurt the Griz this year. Again, I'm surprised Brown didn't show better, based on last year's play and what I assumed would be a year of improvement.

mthoopsfan said:
Spanky2 said:

Yup. That hurt the Griz this year. Again, I'm surprised Brown didn't show better, based on last year's play and what I assumed would be a year of improvement.
Yes, I feel bad for him. Can’t be easy.

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
This is the most stupid statement ever. BH2.0 does not have a clue how to stop the cats.... BH and "very good coach" should NEVER be in the same sentence!

That said, i hope he gets extended for the next 5 years....
With that logic how did he blow them out so convincingly last year? Your hope springs eternal from the last data point.

Do you truly believe that Bobby has any chance of beating the Cats in the next two years? You are aware that almost all of our starters are underclassmen, right?

GrizMania said:
Is it state law that contracts are three year max?

It was never state law that contracts be no longer than 3 years. It was policy. The policy changed. Hauck's contract is a 4-year contract.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizMania said:
Is it state law that contracts are three year max?

It was never state law that contracts be no longer than 3 years. It was policy. The policy changed. Hauck's contract is a 4-year contract.

So is contract length something the regents decide? And does policy vary between Montana schools and/or different sports?

I recall when coaches would get one year deals at UM and that seemed short-sighted

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:

So is contract length something the regents decide? And does policy vary between Montana schools and/or different sports?

I recall when coaches would get one year deals at UM and that seemed short-sighted

I don't know. Good questions.

Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:
With that logic how did he blow them out so convincingly last year? Your hope springs eternal from the last data point.

Do you truly believe that Bobby has any chance of beating the Cats in the next two years? You are aware that almost all of our starters are underclassmen, right?
You guys didn't think we could beat you last year, either.

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:

I think you're correct. Coaches could only get a 1 year contract. I believe it was during Bobby1.0 that changed. I think regents have to approve contracts? I think policy is the same for both schools.

Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:

Almost all of the Griz starters are underclassmen too. You lost 7 starters and the Griz lose 9. Try getting informed before you post.

mthoopsfan said:
Walkon79 said:

Almost all of the Griz starters are underclassmen too. You lost 7 starters and the Griz lose 9. Try getting informed before you post.

Couple differences here. griz lose 9 talented starters from an average team. In other words, sometimes when you return starters it isn't a good think. Cats are a championship contending team, unlike the griz. As for the starters we lose, 4 will be a question mark as for whether we replace them with players as good or better. Given Vigen's track record, I'd pick the latter. Don't forget we lost 7 players last year to either the NFL or the FBS. As for the other three, no question we'll be as good or better with the other players that will start.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Couple differences here. griz lose 9 talented starters from an average team. In other words, sometimes when you return starters it isn't a good think. Cats are a championship contending team, unlike the griz. As for the starters we lose, 4 will be a question mark as for whether we replace them with players as good or better. Given Vigen's track record, I'd pick the latter. Don't forget we lost 7 players last year to either the NFL or the FBS. As for the other three, no question we'll be as good or better with the other players that will start.

The Griz weren’t an average team. The Cats won’t be able to replace their starters with equal players. The Griz will.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Johnson was very sick against Idaho, didn't run hardly at all (pro or scramble), and didn't play well. The team didn't play well. I was focusing more on the specific (dumb) things the poster was saying. Yes, UM should have beaten Idaho.

Do you even believe half the shit you post? Because if so, it is quite hypocritical and you contradict yourself. You defend Johnson's bad plays/issues/turnovers yet you say that Britt shouldn't play because he might turn the ball over… You can't have it both ways

Latest posts

Back