• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I expect Hauck to get a renewed long-term contract this winter/spring

mthoopsfan

I believe UM will re-up Hauck with a new long-term contract in the coming months. He will want that. Top supporters will want that. UM can't afford not to sign him to a new long-term contract.

Some of you can whine all you want, but you don't know what's going on with the program and don't have any say in it.

Germany is a fun place. Had never been there. Great beer, sausages and other filling food. Great Christmas markets and activities in all city squares. Lots of history. Some of the war history and related stuff was spooky, I thought.

Griz til I die said:
Maybe you should’ve stayed!

I would have liked to have stayed longer, but I felt that egriz needed me back closer to the action. Looks like there have been a lot of dumb posts and dumb posters. How do people come up with such total nonsense?

mthoopsfan said:
Griz til I die said:
Maybe you should’ve stayed!

I would have liked to have stayed longer, but I felt that egriz needed me back closer to the action. Looks like there have been a lot of dumb posts and dumb posters. How do people come up with such total nonsense?
It's been crazy! Even I got band for 24 hours. For trolling they said. Me? A troll? Crazy.

I think you're right. A new contact comes into play soon. We're not talking Michigan or Nebraska either where the HC is given an ultimatum about their staff, as much as probably some of egirz would hope. He can continue full speed ahead.

I once had an opportunity to go to a wedding in Germany/Czech Republic when I was just out of college. I didn't and I regret not going.

Allezchat said:
mthoopsfan said:
It's been crazy! Even I got band for 24 hours. For trolling they said. Me? A troll? Crazy.

I think you're right. A new contact comes into play soon. We're not talking Michigan or Nebraska either where the HC is given an ultimatum about their staff, as much as probably some of egirz would hope. He can continue full speed ahead.

I once had an opportunity to go to a wedding in Germany/Czech Republic when I was just out of college. I didn't and I regret not going.

He may not get an “ultimatum” per de, but Haslam may tell him that he expects serious changes if Bobby signs on the dotted line.

I just barely missed out on working at the DoD Rec facility in Garmisch-Partenkirchen once upon a time. That would have been a cool and fun year… oh well.

Personally I think BH is a good football coach. I have no idea what his relationships with the coaching staff is but it seems evident that there is some disconnect with what they do schematically. One the one hand he gives kudos to the players then will suggest things need to be fixed. Things like stopping the +1 running attack and the inability to effectively run the ball. So do we not have the right players or do,we have a coaching staff that puts these kids in a no win situation? In his season ending presser he commented that the best way to fix things is to practice. Is this team practicing schemes that work or are the players unable to execute them? It. Is my humble opinion that in some cases(especially offensive line) the players are not progressing and getting better. Is Bobby’s personal relationship standing in the way of production? I have no idea but it seems obvious that Germer has yet to field an offensive line that can take control of a game. The conversation goes on with player development (QB)
Schematically the 3-3-5. Is it players that work their collective butts off or just a bad idea? I don’t know but when changes need to made comes up is it within the confines of the coaching staff or the recruitment of players?
I’m sure Hauck sees all this and I will be watching to see what changes are made both in recruiting and staff and the changes made.

mthoopsfan said:
I believe UM will re-up Hauck with a new long-term contract in the coming months. He will want that. Top supporters will want that. UM can't afford not to sign him to a new long-term contract.

Some of you can whine all you want, but you don't know what's going on with the program and don't have any say in it.

Germany is a fun place. Had never been there. Great beer, sausages and other filling food. Great Christmas markets and activities in all city squares. Lots of history. Some of the war history and related stuff was spooky, I thought.

I suspect you are correct. I also see very little changes in regard to current coaches. If TR were to take on a different role then obviously Phencie will become new OC. With 4 returning lineman, I’m guessing no changes there. Only change that might happen is Baer retiring if rumors are true.

Based on his end of year presser, I got the feeling that Bobby expects very few that will use the portal unexpectedly. Coaches may suggest to some they use it. Hauck did say it’s a young team next year so he will target some upper class men including a qb.

Excluding eGriz there does not seem to be panic going on. Boosters are still supportive, as are many that don’t use eGriz. In fact remove the Bobcat trolls, the fake Griz supporter trolls, those with multiple accounts to troll,, and 5-6 Griz troublemakers - and that would leave maybe a dozen that aré aggressively calling for change even here.

I'm curious what his leverage for a long term contract might be. I think it is highly doubtful that any FBS school would want him for a head coach given his past FBS record and current 8-5 year. He might be able to scrounge a special teams FBS job. There are few if any FCS jobs he would take even if they became available. He wants to trout fish and Montana is about the best place to do that. So I don't see any rush to offer but you are probably right because UM has fully bought in to being "good enough" as the #2 university in the state in all facets, acedemically, athleticaly and administratively

ordigger said:
mthoopsfan said:

I suspect you are correct. I also see very little changes in regard to current coaches. If TR were to take on a different role then obviously Phencie will become new OC. With 4 returning lineman, I’m guessing no changes there. Only change that might happen is Baer retiring if rumors are true.

Based on his end of year presser, I got the feeling that Bobby expects very few that will use the portal unexpectedly. Coaches may suggest to some they use it. Hauck did say it’s a young team next year so he will target some upper class men including a qb.

Excluding eGriz there does not seem to be panic going on. Boosters are still supportive, as are many that don’t use eGriz. In fact remove the Bobcat trolls, the fake Griz supporter trolls, those with multiple accounts to troll,, and 5-6 Griz troublemakers - and that would leave maybe a dozen that aré aggressively calling for change even here.

That is a good post and the way I see it too.

mthoopsfan said:

As a Cat fan, I certainly hope this is true!!!

ordigger said:
mthoopsfan said:

You just eliminated 90% of the posts on egriz.... Eliminate everyone that does not agree with you... way to go out on a limb!! My guess is the boosters, QB Club and season ticket holders might disagree with you!

41>37 said:
Every Bobcat in the world is praying they extend Bobby. 😂

No, they aren't. Most informed Cats know Hauck is a very good coach, and will figure a way to stop the Cats in the future.

Do you think comments like you made are funny, or do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Yep keep telling yourself that! I learned from Bobby yesterday the Griz are good up from and not far of from NDSU or the Cats. The dude is living in a false reality that some Griz fans also believe. He has no self awareness! Good up front! Seriously! Keep it up Bobby, your plans d system are working! RTD

I think it’s funny how some want BH gone because he was padding stats and they probably do not even realize BH is only a few W’s away from being the winningest coach in BSC history.

I guess BH could possibly get the overall record next season and the conference record the following season, but they would have to play much better than this season. Otherwise, it will take 3 seasons, which is the usual length of the extension, isn’t it?

Do you really think he leaves or is fired before he gets these records?

BOBBY'S RECORD: Speaking of Hauck: head coach Bobby Hauck is UM's winningest coach of all time and is on his way to becoming the winningest coach in Big Sky history, with only three conference teams having beaten him more than twice.

• Now with 116 victories as UM's head coach, Hauck needs just 9 more to break Jerome Souers' Big Sky record 123 overall wins.

• With 67 wins in Big Sky play, Hauck needs two more wins to pass Nevada Hall of Famer Chris Ault's Big Sky total of 68, eight more to pass Tim Walsh's total of 74, and 19 more to pass Souers' record total of 85 wins in conference play.

41>37 said:
Yep keep telling yourself that! I learned from Bobby yesterday the Griz are good up from and not far of from NDSU or the Cats. The dude is living in a false reality that some Griz fans also believe. He has no self awareness! Good up front! Seriously! Keep it up Bobby, your plans d system are working! RTD

You didn't listen to what Hauck said. Try using the words Hauck actually used. You are so biased that you can't even listen to what Hauck said. You are one of the people whose posts I often ignore, because what you say is so out to lunch. Put that in your avatar.

mthoopsfan said:
41>37 said:
Every Bobcat in the world is praying they extend Bobby. 😂

No, they aren't. Most informed Cats know Hauck is a very good coach, and will figure a way to stop the Cats in the future.

This is the most stupid statement ever. BH2.0 does not have a clue how to stop the cats.... BH and "very good coach" should NEVER be in the same sentence!

That said, i hope he gets extended for the next 5 years....

I think this is good for the fanbase if they re-up Bobby. It shows that championships are not in the future and that we all need to lower our expectations for this team. We'll still get one or two espn2 games, a home game in the playoffs, and a vague memory of the glory days. I think this will be better for the long term mental health of all of us fans.

Butte5518 said:
mthoopsfan said:

This is the most stupid statement ever. BH2.0 does not have a clue how to stop the cats.... BH and "very good coach" should NEVER be in the same sentence!

That said, i hope he gets extended for the next 5 years....
With that logic how did he blow them out so convincingly last year? Your hope springs eternal from the last data point.

Latest posts

Back