• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I expect Hauck to get a renewed long-term contract this winter/spring

Jesse said:
mthoopsfan said:
Some of you are trying to tout Taylor’s great conference record, but he hasn’t won playoff games. That’s my point. I went to Stanford and follow Stanford. Taylor doesn’t excite me for the Stanford coach.
Yeah sure you did. Lol

You’re looking kind of dumb. Doesn’t take much research to find he graduated with his J.D. from Stanford in 1973, and Dartmouth before that. His name has been mentioned many times here.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I don’t really care what the coach-speak says. It was painfully obvious NDSU had better athletes, faster, stronger, in every aspect.
I thought we were much closer to them (obviously not close enough) than we were when we played them back in 2014/2015. The size/talent difference seemed much greater back then. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I distinctly remember watching, even when it was out of hand, thinking that the size/speed difference wasn't as bad as I remembered it from before.

Well, it might be because NDSU has their weakest team in 10 years. But still much better athletes than we do overall. We had maybe 4 players on defense, and 2-3 on offense who could have started for them this season.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I don’t really care what the coach-speak says. It was painfully obvious NDSU had better athletes, faster, stronger, in every aspect.
I thought we were much closer to them (obviously not close enough) than we were when we played them back in 2014/2015. The size/talent difference seemed much greater back then. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I distinctly remember watching, even when it was out of hand, thinking that the size/speed difference wasn't as bad as I remembered it from before.

I think you may be on to something. Maybe that “Miracle in Missoula” movie title would have been better utilized in a film about that smoke filled afternoon narrated by Brent Musberger.

Only partially kidding. Stitt had three very productive receivers in Henderson, Roberts, & Jones to go with a few no names who turned the tide. Gustafson threw for more 400 yards and they actually ran for more than 100. The defense had a trio of backers just as, if not more, capable as the group this season. You may have forgotten the last Buchanan winner before Olsen was on the field and an absolute force along with Caleb Kidder. Yes, there were spots without optimal talents. Maybe the smoke was an equalizer?

Both NDSU teams were/are more talented, better teams - however you want to slice it. They proved that in the rematch when Stitt was here and a couple Saturday’s back. It’s ok to admit.

Bok_Choi said:
uofmman1122 said:

I think you may be on to something. Maybe that “Miracle in Missoula” movie title would have been better utilized in a film about that smoke filled afternoon narrated by Brent Musberger.

Only partially kidding. Stitt had three very productive receivers in Henderson, Roberts, & Jones to go with a few no names who turned the tide. Gustafson threw for more 400 yards and they actually ran for more than 100. The defense had a trio of backers just as, if not more, capable as the group this season. You may have forgotten the last Buchanan winner before Olsen was on the field and an absolute force along with Caleb Kidder. Yes, there were spots without optimal talents. Maybe the smoke was an equalizer?

Both NDSU teams were/are more talented, better teams - however you want to slice it. They proved that in the rematch when Stitt was here and a couple Saturday’s back. It’s ok to admit.
Right, just like this year, I thought we had spots where we had guys as good as they had, but, to me, the overall size and speed of our team was closer to theirs last weekend. Maybe that's them not being as good as they were back then, but the difference between our losses in 2014 and 2015 and this year, again to me, was that instead of just getting outclassed all over the field, we simply played like shit. Our guys played out of their minds in 2014, and it wasn't as close as the score showed. They got their dudes back in the secondary in that 2015 playoff matchup, and our WRs had nothing on them.

mthoopsfan said:
sdk.catfish said:
Your opinion may not be accurate. I think you underestimate the impact of an 8-5 record on the big boosters with a absolute thrashing at the hands of MSU and NDSU. Of course everybody on this forum knows you have zero contacts with NFL teams as far as their special team coaches needs are but they might not want one who allows an onside kick to hit one of the return team inthe head and be subsequentially recovered. He could let his agent know he is ready to move on but nobody wants him at this point, unless he wants to move to Western or Carrol. And clearly he doesn't want to move on or there would be some offers now but I don't see any interviews. I know you are obtuse but have you ever thought it may be best for Hauck, and UM, to just proceed with the 2023 season and see where that leaves us. If he has a great season then he does have leverage. If he doesn't then UM doesn't have a long term contract to buy out if he goes 7-4 and ua crushed at home by the Cats. Do you want what is best for UM or for Bobby?

I know most of the top boosters and donors. I know what they think about Bobby. I actually do have some contacts with NFL teams, but I know what I said from Bobby’s good friends. Lots of teams would be interested in Hauck. Keeping Hauck happy is what is best for UM.

Jesus I hope you are right with this one. I know that's a long shot based on how so far off your game predictions are on here lately, but I'm really hoping you're right about all the boosters wanting to keep Bobby, and keep him happy. My biggest fear is that he moves on and UM gets a coach anywhere near the caliber of Brent Vigen.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I know most of the top boosters and donors. I know what they think about Bobby. I actually do have some contacts with NFL teams, but I know what I said from Bobby’s good friends. Lots of teams would be interested in Hauck. Keeping Hauck happy is what is best for UM.

Jesus I hope you are right with this one. I know that's a long shot based on how so far off your game predictions are on here lately, but I'm really hoping you're right about all the boosters wanting to keep Bobby, and keep him happy. My biggest fear is that he moves on and UM gets a coach anywhere near the caliber of Brent Vigen.

Ya, I missed 3. But I mainly pick against the Cats to needle the Cat posters. I didn't know anything about WM when I picked them. Note that I didn't propose or accept any bets on that one.

uofmman1122 said:
I think Taylor's resume has been really impressive, but like I said a few weeks ago, if Bobby had won 3 straight conference titles, but then went 1-3 in the playoffs over that span, including 0-fer two years in a row after being a top 4 seed, and bounced in the quarters as the 2-seed, the same people calling for him to be fired now would more than likely be saying the same stuff.

"He can't get it done"
"Still loses in the playoffs"
"Conference titles don't mean anything if you can't win playoff games"

There’s a difference in what is acceptable at Sac and what’s acceptable here.

Also, in 5 years Jody Sears won 20 games at Sac. He went 20-35. Best finish in conference was 3rd, otherwise went 7, 12, 9, 13.

Troy Taylor came in and immediately started winning. Took a 2 win team and won 9 games. Went 30-8 overall, 23-1 in conference. Never finished below first in the conference. What he did with that program from where it was is nothing short of remarkable. He had them playing above their talent level. That’s the mark of a good coach. They played above their talent level. Troy Taylor would have won championships if he coached at Montana, guarantee that.

PTGrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:
I think Taylor's resume has been really impressive, but like I said a few weeks ago, if Bobby had won 3 straight conference titles, but then went 1-3 in the playoffs over that span, including 0-fer two years in a row after being a top 4 seed, and bounced in the quarters as the 2-seed, the same people calling for him to be fired now would more than likely be saying the same stuff.

"He can't get it done"

Also, in 5 years Jody Sears won 20 games at Sac. He went 20-35. Best finish in conference was 3rd, otherwise went 7, 12, 9, 13.

Troy Taylor came in and immediately started winning. Took a 2 win team and won 9 games. Went 30-8 overall, 23-1 in conference. Never finished below first in the conference. What he did with that program from where it was is nothing short of remarkable. He had them playing above their talent level. That’s the mark of a good coach. They played above their talent level. Troy Taylor would have won championships if he coached at Montana, guarantee that.
Or maybe his teams here would've looked just as bad in the playoffs as his Sac teams did. Jody Sears got great talent to go to Sac and was a terrible coach. Sac had better talent than we did the last few years, which is credit to coach Taylor, he built a lot of that talent, but he very much faceplanted with superior talent to UM every year he was in the playoffs.

PTGrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

"He can't get it done"

Too bad we’ll never know about a coach like that. I’m sure our boosters and some posters on here will be trying to clone Bobby so we can keep him coaching for the next 50 years. Maybe RTD by then!!

PTGrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

"He can't get it done"

And Taylor won 1 playoff after being seeded 3 years. Taylor was amazing.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

Ya, I missed 3. But I mainly pick against the Cats to needle the Cat posters. I didn't know anything about WM when I picked them. Note that I didn't propose or accept any bets on that one.

3??? lol... you normally whiff on three things per week! You were wrong on every one of the FIVE um loses, some to the point where you predicted blowouts. You were wrong on several CAT predictions, including the last game and BOTH Weber games, 2nd one where you predicted Weber to blow out MSU. Let's see, you were dead wrong about Troy Anderson not being very fast, and not being a 2nd round draft pick... whiff whiff. You are absolutely terrible at this! :lol: But I do hope you're finally right about Bobby being at um for a loooong, looong time. That would be epic.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

3??? lol... you normally whiff on three things per week! You were wrong on every one of the FIVE um loses, some to the point where you predicted blowouts. You were wrong on several CAT predictions, including the last game and BOTH Weber games, 2nd one where you predicted Weber to blow out MSU. Let's see, you were dead wrong about Troy Anderson not being very fast, and not being a 2nd round draft pick... whiff whiff. You are absolutely terrible at this! :lol: But I do hope you're finally right about Bobby being at um for a loooong, looong time. That would be epic.

I only predicted 1 or 2 Griz games all season. I didn’t predict the first Weber-Cat game. I was right Anderson wasn’t a day 1 starter. I like to predict against Cats to needle Cat posters.

He's going no where, and that's fine I support him, and the UM giving it to him.....With Conditions.

It's time to clean house, and lets be Honest Hauck doesn't clean house.

Notice NOBODY wants any of our Staff to speak of (not that I have heard about)

Any long time fan can see there is a seriously bad vibe going on in the coaching brain trust.

Ask anyone that knows these coaches - WAY too many Generals (Attitudes and Egos) in the room.

Go Griz

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

Your buddy is the AD and you didn’t know anything about them? You posted earlier that they were good and that your buddy was the AD and they wouldn’t be an easy out….

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Your buddy is the AD and you didn’t know anything about them? You posted earlier that they were good and that your buddy was the AD and they wouldn’t be an easy out….

When you reach elite status you tend to forget who your buddies are.

In honor of PR, who ignores bets and hates charity, wanna friendly wager on the Cat game?

I propose betting $193.62 that the Cats win Saturday. Any charity of your choice. You don’t have to take the bet, as it’s tongue snd cheek, but I bet you do. Cause you don’t give a flying fuck about $193.62 and you’re a good person that likes to see money go to places it needs to go.

:cool:

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:

In honor of PR, who ignores bets and hates charity, wanna friendly wager on the Cat game?

I propose betting $193.62 that the Cats win Saturday. Any charity of your choice. You don’t have to take the bet, as it’s tongue snd cheek, but I bet you do. Cause you don’t give a flying fuck about $193.62 and you’re a good person that likes to see money go to places it needs to go.

You know what? Fuck it, you’re on. Let’s make it an even $197.45.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I propose betting $193.62 that the Cats win Saturday. Any charity of your choice. You don’t have to take the bet, as it’s tongue snd cheek, but I bet you do. Cause you don’t give a flying [#]f### about $193.62 and you’re a good person that likes to see money go to places it needs to go.

You know what? [#]f### it, you’re on. Let’s make it an even $197.45.

Witness!

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I propose betting $193.62 that the Cats win Saturday. Any charity of your choice. You don’t have to take the bet, as it’s tongue snd cheek, but I bet you do. Cause you don’t ;) give a flying [#]f### about $193.62 and you’re a good person that likes to see money go to places it needs to go.

I accept your bet of $197.45! If Cats lose you pick your charity and I’ll make the donation and post proof of it on this board. Cats win you do the same.

$197.45 was a tad more than I was hoping to spend but it’s for a good cause…. ;)

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

I only learned recently he was the AD and haven’t talked to him. I was just blowing smoke to the Cat posters.

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:
I accept your bet of $197.45! If Cats lose you pick your charity and I’ll make the donation and post proof of it on this board. Cats win you do the same.

$197.45 was a tad more than I was hoping to spend but it’s for a good cause…. ;)

I never proposed or accepted that bet. $250 cash or nothing. You were afraid to take that bet.

Latest posts

Back