• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

MiningCityGrizFan said:
GrizSteve said:
Oh no, parents don't think there kids are getting enough playing time or recognition. I'm sure we are the only team in the country where parents think the coach isn't playing the right players or properly using the talent. Whew

You can try to minimize the situation all you want, but it’s not a small group of disillusioned parents complaining about playing time.

It's a very large faction of parents representing a very large number of players who are frustrated about blatant nepotism and unprofessional conduct of the coaching staff.

Snarky comments on egriz aren't going to make those issues go away.

Soft ass parents that need to LEAVE. Take your soft ass kid with you too.

This is impossible too. A large fraction of payers aren’t going to be able to play over those currently playing. You are not able to play 60+ guys per game. Some good players will not play. That is part of football. Sorry about it

You guys act like you want some tough as nails, no nonsense, blue collar, violent football program but you really don’t.

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Axed said:
Who exactly counts Tackles and who is that person's immediate supervisor?

It’s not the head coach. Whole accusation of Bobby Hauck being in charge of tackles recorded when we are getting these numbers literally in real time watching the game is ridiculous. Whether or not you think Robby should be playing is a different story entirely.

A bunch of kids who never won shit bashing a hall of fame coach at their school is more than ridiculous.

Instead of making personal attacks on former players, why don't you address the issues they raised?

Also, remind me again, how many championships has Hauck 2.0 won since 2019?

Remember BH used his political connections with the boosters to push Stitt out after only three seasons when they finished with a 7-4 conference record and a close loss to the Cats in Bozeman.

Stitt was playing mostly freshman and sophomores that year and those teams were a few plays away from wins over EWU, WSU, and MSU. And that was with a freshman QB after losing Philips to a broken leg in the last nonconference game.

But a young team with a 7-4 record was enough to justify making a change in 2019. Except when it comes to Hauck in 2022. Five years and four seasons into his second tenure, BH’s senior-laden team team finished with the same 7-4 record and a historic loss in Bozeman.

And rather than address that reality and acknowledge the hypocrisy of the situation, you take shots at the players because they have the balls to admit Hauck is full of sh*t?
And you refuse to acknowledge Hauck failed to meet the very same standards used to justify a coaching change five years ago?

Pathetic.

Cuervohola said:
WaGriz4life said:
It’s not the head coach. Whole accusation of Bobby Hauck being in charge of tackles recorded when we are getting these numbers literally in real time watching the game is ridiculous. Whether or not you think Robby should be playing is a different story entirely.

A bunch of kids who never won shit bashing a hall of fame coach at their school is more than ridiculous.

What Hall of Fame?

Egriz HOF

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Axed said:

Show me where the “bashing” from this group of “kids” is? I haven’t seen a single player bash anyone. There’s a giant difference between baseless disrespect and voicing frustrations and concerns. I find it telling how many people on the outside think they have a good read on what goes on behind the scenes. At the end of the day, Lewis never named a single name. The fact that everyone is able to read between the lines speaks volumes.

WaGriz4life said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
You can try to minimize the situation all you want, but it’s not a small group of disillusioned parents complaining about playing time.

It's a very large faction of parents representing a very large number of players who are frustrated about blatant nepotism and unprofessional conduct of the coaching staff.

This is impossible too. A large fraction of payers aren’t going to be able to play over those currently playing. You are not able to play 60+ guys per game. Some good players will not play. That is part of football. Sorry about it

You guys act like you want some tough as nails, no nonsense, blue collar, violent football program but you really don’t.

It's really not that difficult. People want to see the best players on the field. And every player held to the same standard. Regardless of their last name.

If that means a random schmuck on egriz calls me a “soft ass” then so be it. I've been called much worse.

Sisterbear said:
WaGriz4life said:

Show me where the “bashing” from this group of “kids” is? I haven’t seen a single player bash anyone. There’s a giant difference between baseless disrespect and voicing frustrations and concerns. I find it telling how many people on the outside think they have a good read on what goes on behind the scenes. At the end of the day, Lewis never named a single name. The fact that everyone is able to read between the lines speaks volumes.

His whole post was about how Robby Hauck sucks and shouldn’t be playing. WTF are you talking about? That’s also a direct shot at our current head coach.

Cuervohola said:
WaGriz4life said:

What Hall of Fame?

Big Sky Hall of Fame and University of Montana Hall of Fame. Somewhere Jace Lewis will never touch. Especially after this.

Sisterbear said:
WaGriz4life said:

I respect your posts and where you’re coming from. I’m guessing you have a family member playing for the Griz or one who played for the Griz, maybe even Jace himself. But I cannot support your saying “he didn’t name a single name” argument. He said everything but the name….a 7 year old Griz fan who doesn’t eat crayons could connect exactly who he was referring to. I mean he talked about a player who started as a freshman and got everything handed to him. Who else could ge possibly be referring to? You couple that with the falling out between Jace and Bobby over the 37 and this isn’t rocket science.

I have no problem with what Jace said. He has a lot more connection to the program than 99% of us. And I think a ton of us here felt Robby was favored as well, especially when playing every single down and playing pass coverage downs when that was a huge weakness. But the “he didn’t name a single name” is a bad angle.

WaGriz4life said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

Who recruited the “soft ass kids” with the “soft ass parents”?

You can be a good coach without being a dick to the players. You can be a hard ass without making the team hate you.

At the end of the day, this approach isn’t working. 8-5. Mediocre finish in the conference. If coach is such a hard ass, maybe he should start on himself first, because he ain’t doing so good.

HookedonGriz said:
Sisterbear said:

I respect your posts and where you’re coming from. I’m guessing you have a family member playing for the Griz or one who played for the Griz, maybe even Jace himself. But I cannot support your saying “he didn’t name a single name” argument. He said everything but the name….a 7 year old Griz fan who doesn’t eat crayons could connect exactly who he was referring to. I mean he talked about a player who started as a freshman and got everything handed to him. Who else could ge possibly be referring to? You couple that with the falling out between Jace and Bobby over the 37 and this isn’t rocket science.

I have no problem with what Jace said. He has a lot more connection to the program than 99% of us. And I think a ton of us here felt Robby was favored as well, especially when playing every single down and playing pass coverage downs when that was a huge weakness. But the “he didn’t name a single name” is a bad angle.

Who cares. Minutia. I think you got her point, or maybe you are spending your time trying to identify Cat posters to ban

HookedonGriz said:
Sisterbear said:

You have no problem with Jace bringing a private locker room issue public? What purpose does that serve? If you feel people need to know things like that do it when the current head coach is gone so you don’t hurt the program.

WaGriz4life said:

Instead of making personal attacks on former players, why don't you acknowledge the issues they raised?

Finally, don't forget that BH used his political connections to push Stitt out after only three seasons when they finished with a 7-4 conference record and a close loss to the Cats in Bozeman.

Stitt was playing that season with mostly freshman and sophomores and that team was a few plays away from wins over EWU, WSU, and MSU. And that was with a redshirt freshman QB after losing Philips to a broken leg in the last nonconference game.

But a young team on the rise with a 7-4 record was enough to justify making a change in 2019, but not when it comes to Hauck in 2022.

Five years and four seasons into RTD, BH’s senior-laden team, with a 7th-year covid senior QB, finished with the same 7-4 record and a historic loss in Bozeman; the second straight blowout loss in Bozeman of the RTD era.

Reminder: Stitt was 1-1 in Bozeman. RTD Bobby is 0-2.

And rather than admit the truth and acknowledge the hypocrisy of the situation, you insult the players because they have the balls to admit Hauck is full of sh*t? AND you refuse to acknowledge Hauck has failed to meet the very same standards used to justify a coaching change five years ago?

Pathetic.

WaGriz4life said:

Instead of making personal attacks on former players, why don't you acknowledge the issues they raised?

Finally, don't forget that BH used his political connections to push Stitt out after only three seasons when they finished with a 7-4 conference record and a close loss to the Cats in Bozeman.

Stitt was playing that season with mostly freshman and sophomores and that team was a few plays away from wins over EWU, WSU, and MSU. And that was with a redshirt freshman QB after losing Philips to a broken leg in the last nonconference game.

But a young team on the rise with a 7-4 record was enough to justify making a change in 2019, but not when it comes to Hauck in 2022.

Five years and four seasons into RTD, BH’s senior-laden team, with a 7th-year covid senior QB, finished with the same 7-4 record and a historic loss in Bozeman; the second straight blowout loss in Bozeman of the RTD era.

And rather than admit the truth and acknowledge the hypocrisy of the situation, you insult the players because they have the balls to admit Hauck is full of sh*t? AND you refuse to acknowledge Hauck has failed to meet the very same standards used to justify a coaching change five years ago?

Pathetic.

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:

You have no problem with Jace bringing a private locker room issue public? What purpose does that serve? If you feel people need to know things like that do it when the current head coach is gone so you don’t hurt the program.

There's only one person hurting the program right now...and it's not Jace.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:

Pathetic.

Exactly. Same ole crew who railed against the nickname Big Game Bob years ago...

If you still support Coach Hauck you are the troll, you are the problem, you are the cancer. Not the posters and fans questioning the obvious

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Axed said:

Who counts the Tackles?
It's a legit question.....
I take it you choose not to answer because it negates your "narrative".

AmIRight?

Bear Axed said:
WaGriz4life said:

Who counts the Tackles?
It's a legit question.....
I take it you choose not to answer because it negates your "narrative".

AmIRight?

Sports Information Director and a bookkeeper working for whoever is broadcasting the game.

Back