• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

uofmman1122 said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Yes, you're an apologist. And I don't have to wonder about your politics because you completely avoided addressing the substance of the argument and then tried to change the subject.

And by the way, even an idiot knows it's ban, not band.
I'm honestly happy for you that you aren't trapped in the black, gaping maw of eGriz lore, you lucky soul. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I’m gonna smoke marijuana cigarettes with my buddies and then hold you down so we can all have explosive flatulence in your face.

Best story ever told here. Was it a “UNI fan”?

Coach said:
If you still support Coach Hauck you are the troll, you are the problem, you are the cancer. Not the posters and fans questioning the obvious

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The cognitive dissonance of the Bobby's Ball Boy Fan Club is astounding. How's that Return To Dominance taste? :lol:

WaGriz4life said:
Jesse said:
Who counts tackles? Mostly likely the same guy who tried to make the #37 jersey a family legacy. Say what you will about Choate, but at least his kid didn’t start for him. Am I wrong people?

Yes you are wrong. Stats are generated in real time during games and made official immediately after games.

No they aren't...a broadcaster for the Griz in this very post shared that insight.

http://www.statbroadcast.com/

This site, as many of you may know, records stats as a game is played. Wish there was some way to research it to compare its stats w/ those of whatever agency acts as the official keeper.

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
I respect your posts and where you’re coming from. I’m guessing you have a family member playing for the Griz or one who played for the Griz, maybe even Jace himself. But I cannot support your saying “he didn’t name a single name” argument. He said everything but the name….a 7 year old Griz fan who doesn’t eat crayons could connect exactly who he was referring to. I mean he talked about a player who started as a freshman and got everything handed to him. Who else could ge possibly be referring to? You couple that with the falling out between Jace and Bobby over the 37 and this isn’t rocket science.

I have no problem with what Jace said. He has a lot more connection to the program than 99% of us. And I think a ton of us here felt Robby was favored as well, especially when playing every single down and playing pass coverage downs when that was a huge weakness. But the “he didn’t name a single name” is a bad angle.

You have no problem with Jace bringing a private locker room issue public? What purpose does that serve? If you feel people need to know things like that do it when the current head coach is gone so you don’t hurt the program.

Jace is now is like you and me now, just an alumni. He has a right to post anything he wants about Bobby, or Robby. Just because he played for Bobby doesn't mean he has to STFU for the rest of his life about playing here.

For one, I'd like to hear what former GRIZ would like to see, to get this program back to FCS Elite? It would be interesting to compare their insights to that of our fans.

I don't believe for one second he is trying to bring the program down. I think he is shedding light on what seems to be a problem. Every player as well as staff should be held to the same standard. However some get a pass often, #17 can get torched in the secondary missed tackles and get flagged and never gets pulled. Every other player on the team would be sat for a series. Germer hasn't had a successful o line for how many years yet he still has a job. Rosy has zero creativity in the offense, I for one am tired of it. There is too much talent on the team and the facilities that are there are top notch. There is no reason we shouldn't have deep playoff runs. Hopefully this opens some eyes and changes are made. I feel it wouldn't have been tweeted if something wasn't there.

Interesting stat line, bsc and griz career tackle record holder had just 1 int after starting every game and most every play for 4 years. SMDH. Did the nepotism divide a locker room just ask walk on and self made starter Jace Lewis or just dump on the guy instead. Maybe they can retro actively take #37 away from him and gift it to well you all know…

Lord Vigo said:
If you all want the opinion of a Cat fan who is NOT here to be a troll (I'm sure you all do)...

Hauck has become bad for UM football.

The Griz have the means, facilities, history, environment, fan support, etc. to be much better. But this Robby debacle is illustrative of something that, in my opinion, is a deeper problem. The man has his agenda and that's going to be paramount. Very often, his agenda aligns with the best interests of the program, but not always. And when it doesn't, it isn't his personal agenda that takes the back seat.

Griz fans are fond of referring Cat Nation as "the little brother." Frankly, sometimes we earn that. There was an inferiority complex coming out of the streak. But Griz fans can be just as guilty of acting like the "washed up uncle"-- stuck in the past, trying to relive the old glory days. I think that's why there's so much loyalty to Hauck. He represents those bygone days.

But circumstances have changed. UM still has clear paths to success, but they don't run through Hauck's old formula. So he's holding them back.

your post makes too much sense for this site.

I think I will always remember that play where Hauck ran into Janacaro in the BACKFIELD, and the NDSU RB borrowed the walker from the nice gentleman on the sideline, scuffed up the Tennis Balls in the front a bit and walked on in to the Endzone.

There are PLENTY more plays, but that one is all I need, it's burned into my Prefrontal Cortex, which is responsible for MEMORY... Do you know what else the Prefrontal Cortex is responsible for?

DECISION MAKING... Something neither Hauck is very good at.

Thank the Lord Little Baby Jesus that Bobby doesn't have more Sons.

What happened to Bobby in Vegas?

Mtgrizrule asked an important question. Are you part of the problem or part of the solution is another aspect.

There is legitimate evidence on tape or film and in the stats that confirm nepotism and Robby getting a pass on play that would get all others benched or taken out for a play for discipline. One INT in four years for a top level Safety screams poor pass coverage skills along with the film and picture from NDSU game or poster no player wants to be part of.

The coaches screaming things most sailers wouldn’t say as spit flying from their mouth as they take a player by the face-mask to demoralize in front of teammates or crowd on the sidelines is something most would probably say there is no where in FB for such actions. Much like spearing or targeting are no longer part of FB.

At the college level as with pro ball winning is what is important. However there are better ways to discipline children than pulling their pants down and belting them with leather in anger and there is better ways currently to teach and coach the game of football that the old boy coaching club do at times. Everyone knows the reason for the old approach and it is done with expectations of getting a positive result and players being their best, coaches keeping their jobs, fans filling the stadium and school making their money to keep the prestigious institute relevant.

The thing some players are asking for are fairness as for earning an opportunity or being evaluated fairly, and a more positive way of coaching players, and a more relevant approach that gives the talent of the team an opportunity to compete and excel against the top program in FCS.

This doesn’t require a new HC, but may require some new blood on staff who are up-to speed with the kids coming out of HS and the teaching techniques that are working with the players age group. IMO

mtgrizrule said:
For one, I'd like to hear what former GRIZ would like to see, to get this program back to FCS Elite? It would be interesting to compare their insights to that of our fans.

The answer would be to keep Bobby Hauck and recruit players that are great teammates and loyal to the program unlike Jace Lewis. Guys that are tough skinned and can can take tough coaching without crying to their parents and going on Twitter.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

The answer would be to keep Bobby Hauck and recruit players that are great teammates and loyal to the program unlike Jace Lewis. Guys that are tough skinned and can can take tough coaching without crying to their parents and going on Twitter.

Seems to me the problem is more that Bobby thinks that he is all that is good about Griz football. Here is to hoping he has a large reality check this offseason. And for gods sake doesn't hire Robby as a coach.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

So Jace is dead to us now? Let’s take the fuckers number too. Yeah that’s the ticket, trader Jace Lewis the walk on loser who no longer will be associated with the legacy number. Shame shame shame not. Lol get over yourself and why drag his parents into this he was standing up for a real teammate who got jonesed out of the all time tackle record by a pile on artist who had the good fortune to play for dad. What about Justin Ford we should fucking shun him too because of his old man’s whining. You need to shut these trouble makers down and only you can do it for us. Go griz

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

Didn't Robby receive the same offer as Lewis did to UM out of high school (PWO) but chose NAU instead with his dads friend being the head coach? I'm not sure loyalty to the program fits your narrative. He only came to UM when his dad took the reins.

Is Ringo the best drummer in the world? He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles. John Lennon.

Jesse said:
WaGriz4life said:
So Jace is dead to us now? Let’s take the f###[#] number too. Yeah that’s the ticket, trader Jace Lewis the walk on loser who no longer will be associated with the legacy number. Shame shame shame not. Lol get over yourself and why drag his parents into this he was standing up for a real teammate who got jonesed out of the all time tackle record by a pile on artist who had the good fortune to play for dad. What about Justin Ford we should f###[#] shun him too because of his old man’s whining. You need to shut these trouble makers down and only you can do it for us. Go griz
Because you are talking shit about a current player and his family. And why is Robby not a real teammate?

Lord Vigo said:
If you all want the opinion of a Cat fan who is NOT here to be a troll (I'm sure you all do)...

Hauck has become bad for UM football.

The Griz have the means, facilities, history, environment, fan support, etc. to be much better. But this Robby debacle is illustrative of something that, in my opinion, is a deeper problem. The man has his agenda and that's going to be paramount. Very often, his agenda aligns with the best interests of the program, but not always. And when it doesn't, it isn't his personal agenda that takes the back seat.

Griz fans are fond of referring Cat Nation as "the little brother." Frankly, sometimes we earn that. There was an inferiority complex coming out of the streak. But Griz fans can be just as guilty of acting like the "washed up uncle"-- stuck in the past, trying to relive the old glory days. I think that's why there's so much loyalty to Hauck. He represents those bygone days.

But circumstances have changed. UM still has clear paths to success, but they don't run through Hauck's old formula. So he's holding them back.

Fantastic post.

WaGriz4life said:
Jesse said:
So Jace is dead to us now? Let’s take the f###[#] number too. Yeah that’s the ticket, trader Jace Lewis the walk on loser who no longer will be associated with the legacy number. Shame shame shame not. Lol get over yourself and why drag his parents into this he was standing up for a real teammate who got jonesed out of the all time tackle record by a pile on artist who had the good fortune to play for dad. What about Justin Ford we should f###[#] shun him too because of his old man’s whining. You need to shut these trouble makers down and only you can do it for us. Go griz
Because you are talking shit about a current player and his family. And why is Robby not a real teammate?

As soon as that game was over Robby was the exact same as Jace and Dante. A former player. Game over. Season over. Career over.

Back