• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Lady Griz Recruiting: 2024+

Offers continue rolling in for Gentry: Creighton, Missouri, and Saint Mary’s all offered after the recent live period.

She’s got a really impressive list of offers, but hopefully the Lady Griz have a shot.

The Lady Griz have offered 2026 Mason Quinn from Frenchtown, MT. She’s a member of the 16U Northwest Blazers team with Kadynce Couture and Braeden Gunlock.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvLnMS9OhyG/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Couture picked up offers from Idaho, LMU, EWU, Colorado State, and Portland State this summer.

OregonStateFan said:
With the recent stockpiling of guards and wings, Liz Gentry sounds like the type of player the Lady Griz could use.

Yeah, she does remind me of 6'3" Sidney Spencer that came out of Hoover, Alabama and played for Pat Summitt at Tennessee from 2003-07. In many ways and all good.

Sydnie Rodriguez committed to Seattle University.

OregonStateFan said:
A few recruits to keep an eye on in the 2025 classes.

Sara Barhoum, 5-10 G, Clackamas HS (OR)
Malia Ruud, 6-2 F, Chiawana HS (WA)
Kadynce Couture, 6-0 W, Missoula Big Sky (MT)
Shay Shippen, 5-10 G, Skyline HS (WA)
Eva Yeadon, 5-9 G, Big Sandy HS (MT)
Avery Hjelmstad, 6-1 G, Edmond Memorial HS (OK)
Kirston Verhulst, 5-7 G, Bishop Miege HS (KS)

If anyone has any additional information, please share.

A few possible prospects for [Class of 2025] that I've heard about:
Dylyn Dress, 5'11" SG/SF Kennewick, (WA)
Payton Ratcliffe, 6'3" P/PF/SG Wilsonville, (OR)
Brynn McGaughy, 6'1" Colfax, (WA)
Jayda Lewis, 5'9" PG Federal Way, (WA)
Rainey Welson, 5'9" SG Hortonville, (Wisconsin)
Grace Hintz, 5'9" Lynden Christian (WA)
Kaia Foster, 6'2" SG Chiawana hs, Pasco (WA)

I guess Teryn Gardner, a 5'9" SG/PG from Mead hs in Spokane committed to Boise State recently. I mention this because while Gardner was a junior this past year (1922-23) a fellow team-mate was a freshman Addison Wells-Morrison, a 5'11" SG [Class of 2026]. Addison Wells-Morrison is a daughter of former Gonzaga basketball player Adam Morrison, whose father was once a faculty member at Dawson CC in Glendive, MT., if not mistaken. I don't know if that gets us any brownie points or not.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/18841438/Addison-WellsMorrison

WyomingGrizFan said:
I guess Teryn Gardner, a 5'9" SG/PG from Mead hs in Spokane committed to Boise State recently. I mention this because while Gardner was a senior this past year (1922-23) a fellow team-mate was sophomore Addison Wells-Morrison, a 5'11" SG [Class of 2026]. Addison Wells-Morrison is a daughter of former Gonzaga basketball player Adam Morrison, whose father was once a faculty member at Dawson CC in Glendive, MT., if not mistaken. I don't know if that gets us any brownie points or not.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/18841438/Addison-WellsMorrison

Gardner is a senior this grad class 24 and Morrison will be a soph. Grad class of 26.

BigSkyBreakdown said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Zero chance on this one.

Ruud and Barhoum gonna be hard gets as well. Early visits are great but these two have lots of offers from other schoos.

Negativity covers this Board like a can on Sherwin-Williams paint covering the world.

citay said:
BigSkyBreakdown said:
Ruud and Barhoum gonna be hard gets as well. Early visits are great but these two have lots of offers from other schoos.

Negativity covers this Board like a can on Sherwin-Williams paint covering the world.

Reality more than negativity. But you be you.

HelenaHandBasket said:
citay said:

The people on this board that believe Brynn from Colfax is (potentially) coming here they are the same people that look at the ESPN rankings, look regionally and say hey...the Lady Griz should recruit her. Brynn, Malia and Sarah have LOTS of options, and Brynn even after her horrific ankle injury at Hoopfest will still go P5. Ruud and Rarhoum have both visited UM, but that was a while ago and if they were serious in their recruitment now they would be on campus again this fall. So time will tell. Our guess is Ruud stays regional and MWC and Barhoum goes to a departed Pac 12 team. She just recently visited WSU and Ruud a number of MWC offers.

Although I've left the others on the board, Liz Gentry is probably the only remaining 2024 recruit that we have a shot with. Even she may be a bit of a long shot with her recent offers from Mizzou, Creighton, UCF, and Vanderbilt. She seems to have a good relationship with Macey Huard which gives me a bit of hope.

There are only two roster spots open on the 24-25 roster, so adding only 1-2 2024 recruits would make sense (leaving some room open for transfers and late additions).

With zero inside knowledge, Ruud's offer list would suggest she's still a possibility. Barhoum would be unlikely at this point and McGaughy will have her choice of any school likely. Winning the Big Sky and making the NCAA tournament could be a big boost when it comes to the 2025 class.

HelenaHandBasket said:
citay said:
Negativity covers this Board like a can of Sherwin-Williams paint covering the world.

The great frustration of being a Griz fan is constantly running up against the Great Montana Inferiority Complex--which always expresses itself as, "We can't, we can't, we can't." Or: "Get Real!"

To George Washington and the Founding Fathers or Thomas Edison or the Wright Brothers or Philo Farnsworth or Chuck Yeager or Elon Musk, everybody on this board would have said, "You can't! You can't! Get real!"

To a coach who has already recruited a HoopGurlz Top 100 player, Mack Konig; the 1-A Player of the year from the state of Washington, Libby Stump; the Colorado High School Player of the Year, Macey Huard; a player from the state of Washington who was one of 34 players invited in 2021 to the U16 USA Team Trials, Adria Lincoln; and the 2021 Gatorade Player of the Year from the state of Montana, Dani Bartsch--after all this we can only say when it comes to adding more premium talent, "Power Five! Power Five! The Power Five are Coming!"

San Diego State made it to the Men's Championship game last April and they were not Power Five. Gonzaga has become a major college basketball powerhouse and they were not Power Five. In men's and women's basketball we are not an inferior second-rate division like we are in football, we are Division One. The sky's the limit. We've got great facilities, a fabulous women's basketball tradition, a coach who can recruit and has built a solid solid staff around him, and a program that once again is generating excitement among its fan base.

So what's holding us back?

Only those on this board who don't believe the sky is the limit, just the Big Sky, because, after all, we are only little ole Montana, which is to say we are inferior, so if you aspire to anything beyond this second-rate conference that the football program has stuck us in, here's the message: "Get Real!"

citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

The great frustration of being a Griz fan is constantly running up against the Great Montana Inferiority Complex--which always expresses itself as, "We can't, we can't, we can't." Or: "Get Real!"

To George Washington and the Founding Fathers or Thomas Edison or the Wright Brothers or Philo Farnsworth or Chuck Yeager or Elon Musk, everybody on this board would have said, "You can't! You can't! Get real!"

To a coach who has already recruited a HoopGurlz Top 100 player, Mack Konig; the 1-A Player of the year from the state of Washington, Libby Stump; the Colorado High School Player of the Year, Macey Huard; a player from the state of Washington who was one of 34 players invited in 2021 to the U16 USA Team Trials, Adria Lincoln; and the 2021 Gatorade Player of the Year from the state of Montana, Dani Bartsch--after all this we can only say when it comes to adding more premium talent, "Power Five! Power Five! The Power Five are Coming!"

San Diego State made it to the Men's Championship game last April and they were not Power Five. Gonzaga has become a major college basketball powerhouse and they were not Power Five. In men's and women's basketball we are not an inferior second-rate division like we are in football, we are Division One. The sky's the limit. We've got great facilities, a fabulous women's basketball tradition, a coach who can recruit and has built a solid solid staff around him, and a program that once again is generating excitement among its fan base.

Only those on this board who don't believe the sky is the limit, just the Big Sky, because, after all, we are only little ole Montana, which is to say we are inferior, so if you aspire to anything beyond this second-rate conference that the football program has stuck us in, here's the message: "Get Real!"

I am fine with your general inferiority complex, but sometimes you have to check into the specifics.

HelenaHandBasket said:
citay said:
Negativity covers this Board like a can of Sherwin-Williams paint covering the world.

HelenaHandBasket said:
citay said:

I am fine with your general inferiority complex, but sometimes you have to check into the specifics.

That's funny! Most people think I'm an arrogant asshole with a Superiority Complex. But always good to hear the minority opinion....

citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

That's funny! Most people think I'm an arrogant asshole with a Superiority Complex. But always good to hear the minority opinion....

The only superior item I have seen from you is the complaint quota.

HelenaHandBasket said:
citay said:

I agree with you. My complaints are superior.

citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I agree with you. My complaints are superior.

But you will never hear me complain about Helena, where I grew up. When I go back I'm knocked out by the beauty of the place--the Helena Cathedral, the West Side mansions, the Moorish Revival Civic Center, the charm and history of Last Chance Gulch--all under the watchful scenic vigil of Mount Helena and the Sleeping Giant. Helena is a special place in a special state.

Latest posts

Back