• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Johnson Scouting Report?

Another article on the new QB.

https://mtstandard.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/marriage-made-in-heaven-transfer-qb-lucas-johnson-links-up-with-bobby-hauck-6-years/article_30bb0989-4b33-5f0a-a6ff-4cdd0f971142.html

Left Bobby at the altar. :lol:

“He left me at the altar,” Hauck said when recalling how the recruiting went down, waxing poetically about how he got to know Johnson’s extended family so well in San Diego.
Sounds like the QB is a run-first kind of guy, and if that doesn’t work, run second.

Weird he would go to GaTech of all places thinking they would pass more.

“He went to Georgia Tech and was kind of sold on the fact that they were going to try to throw it a little bit more, and that wasn’t the way it went,” Hauck said. “And then San Diego State’s a little bit more of a run-oriented offense, so I think he’s still got some evolving to do in the throwing game in particular.

Wonder if coach bobby is still searching the portal for yet another fbs drop down...or is he cashing in all his poker chips on Trey being the real deal?

Cowboys84 said:
Wonder if coach bobby is still searching the portal for yet another fbs drop down...or is he cashing in all his poker chips on Trey being the real deal?

You should be worried about your own Brittle Butte Boy. Because if he can’t stay healthy you got NOTHING behind him.

Cowboys84 said:

Man, those Choach years sure did a number on you piss enthusiasts. See, it's not normal or ideal to have only one QB that you literally run into the ground. Talking to Bobcat fans is like talking to someone in a cult. They just can't see how ridiculous their leader and the whole situation is. Clown. Car. Act. Show.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

Man, those Choach years sure did a number on you piss enthusiasts. See, it's not normal or ideal to have only one QB that you literally run into the ground. Talking to Bobcat fans is like talking to someone in a cult. They just can't see how ridiculous their leader and the whole situation is. Clown. Car. Act. Show.

Can' wait to see how the kats reload. There was a small class that exhausted their eligibility but they lost lots of talent. Guarantee they will take steps back on d-line, linebacker, o-line and receiver. Of course, if you have a running stud from Butte all will good. Book your tickets and pack your bags, the kats are heading back to Frisco.

go96griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Can' wait to see how the kats reload. There was a small class that exhausted their eligibility but they lost lots of talent. Guarantee they will take steps back on d-line, linebacker, o-line and receiver. Of course, if you have a running stud from Butte all will good. Book your tickets and pack your bags, the kats are heading back to Frisco.
If you're depending on a running stud from Butte, you're in trouble. As already seen, he's unlikely to survive a season running.

kemajic said:
go96griz said:
If you're depending on a running stud from Butte, you're in trouble. As already seen, he's unlikely to survive a season running.

*Four games
I completely agree with Kem here.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

Tucker Rovig was smart enough to learn from the examples around him and escape the cult. I’ll bet they’ll be reprogramming him for the next 5 years.

He likely used one of the many gaps in Reno H. Sales to engineer his heroic escape. Perhaps an icy twilight swim across the shit pond to freedom.

I fully expect a made for TV movie will eventually be produced to showcase his brave journey.

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:

You should be worried about your own Brittle Butte Boy. Because if he can’t stay healthy you got NOTHING behind him.

Even though I'm a fan of the bobcats, the quarterback of my favorite team was standing on a stage holding the national championship trophy after their last game .👍👍

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Even though I'm a fan of the bobcats, the quarterback of my favorite team was standing on a stage holding the national championship trophy after their last game .👍👍

A two-time loser.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Tucker Rovig was smart enough to learn from the examples around him and escape the cult. I’ll bet they’ll be reprogramming him for the next 5 years.

He likely used one of the many gaps in Reno H. Sales to engineer his heroic escape. Perhaps a twilight swim across the shit pond to freedom.

I fully expect a made for TV movie will eventually be produced to showcase his brave journey.

I have good news. It has already been greenlit.

Escaping Incompetence: The Tucker Rovig Story
Tucker Rovig (Played by Rainn Wilson) details his experience spending years as a quarterback under the spell of coaches who, despite all evidence to the contrary, were considered elite in the eyes of their followers in the Gallatin Valley. Watch as coach Jeff Choate (Played by Larry the Cable Guy) brainwashes an entire fan base and University into thinking he is a great coach before bailing immediately and handing the reigns to coach Brett Vigen (Played by A. Brick). Also starring George Clooney as coach Ron Ash, who was unceremoniously fired for bringing unparalleled success to the Bobcat program, this stunning and brave tell-all will leave you with many questions and few answers. (Premiering February 14 at 2pm EST on Lifetime)

Ursa Major said:
Cowboys84 said:

A two-time loser.

How are things at litigation u... Do you have enough money saved up for all the tire pumps you are going to need to fill up your practice bubble.

Cowboys84 said:
Ursa Major said:
A two-time loser.

How are things at litigation u... Do you have enough money saved up for all the tire pumps you are going to need to fill up your practice bubble.

You can try to make fun, but keep in mind that the T-Buffs have a booster who was confirmed to supply banned drugs to players. IDK, I guess I'll take a program that doesn't give its players banned drugs over a bunch of carb-faced furniture salesmen thinking they belong in the Big 10 with their 17k average home attendance in a shed that they rent.

Cowboys84 said:
Ursa Major said:
A two-time loser.

You really are bat shit crazy. You claim to be a bison fan, even though you’re a cat troll. Why pretend you weird fucker? If you were a bison fan you wouldn’t take shots at an indoor practice facility being a bubble….because that is what NDSU has used for years. You really suck at this.

Tell us how pumped you are about your new D coord who has 2 DUIs, been fired from 3 other staffs, and had one of the largest recruiting violations that led to him being released as well. Sounds like a winner!

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

He likely used one of the many gaps in Reno H. Sales to engineer his heroic escape. Perhaps a twilight swim across the shit pond to freedom.

I have good news. It has already been greenlit.

Escaping Incompetence: The Tucker Rovig Story
Tucker Rovig (Played by Rainn Wilson) details his experience spending years as a quarterback under the spell of coaches who, despite all evidence to the contrary, were considered elite in the eyes of their followers in the Gallatin Valley. Watch as coach Jeff Choate (Played by Larry the Cable Guy) brainwashes an entire fan base and University into thinking he is a great coach before bailing immediately and handing the reigns to coach Brett Vigen (Played by A. Brick). Also starring George Clooney as coach Ron Ash, who was unceremoniously fired for bringing unparalleled success to the Bobcat program, this stunning and brave tell-all will leave you with many questions and few answers. (Premiering February 14 at 2pm EST on Lifetime)

Another POTY candidate by CDA!

Cowboys84 said:
Ursa Major said:
A two-time loser.

I'm wondering how much fun practice was in Bozeman the week before going to Frisco. And a snarky Bball floor in the middle of the 65 year old field house masquerading as a Bball area, curtains and all. Litigation U will be better prepared for its next run at the chipper.

kemajic said:
Cowboys84 said:
I'm wondering how much fun practice was in Bozeman the week before going to Frisco. And a snarky Bball floor in the middle of the 65 year old field house masquerading as a Bball area, curtains and all. Litigation U will be better prepared for its next run at the chipper.

You seem pretty confident about the gris getting to the "chipper"...

what's your time prediction for coach bobby to get them there... Let's here it, next year, year after or in the next 5-10 years....what is it?

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:

You seem pretty confident about the gris getting to the "chipper"...

what's your time prediction for coach bobby to get them there... Let's here it, next year, year after or in the next 5-10 years....what is it?

This is an honest answer and a realistic one. Griz have been in rebuilding phase for some time. People have no idea how hard Hauck had to work to right the ship. He had a long term plan and it is paying off. Without so many injuries, the Griz probably made it this year. So, It will be next year and the two following that. Team is loaded. Big Sky and FCS are also weaker now. Bozeman is in trouble and will probably lose out the first round of playoffs. I would say they won’t even make the playoffs, but their just isn’t much competition. Vegan has lost coaches, can’t recruit like Choate and has the personality of a bowl of oatmeal. Thankfully MSU provides a good education so that may keep him afloat for a few years. Cat fans know they are in trouble if you read the Bob Nation recruiting threads. The realistic Cat fans at least. Going to come down to three teams. NDSU, SDSU, Griz. Possibly UND turns it on in the near future as well. Griz will have at least one more lineman coming in from the portal. That is really the only need they have left. Their recruiting is stellar right now. The end. Go eat some gravy, even though you are a Cat troll.

Silence from Cowgirl. Speaks volumes.

Cowboys84 said:

Who is Trey

Mavman said:
Cowboys84 said:

Who is Trey

That's what this Cat troll who poses as a Bizon troll to post on eGriz.com every single day of his life calls Lucas Johnson because the aforementioned dork doesn't know how recruiting works. He's just salty that they got their sixth choice HC whose pregame speeches sound like a Jane Austen novel on tape. However, ask him about Clown Car Act Shows, and he'll tell you everything you need to know.

Back